Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 07:20

Band of roleplayers!

Would you support this idea?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a message to all you roleplayers out there. As I think you all know it's really hard to try to roleplay with people who don't really want or are used to roleplay back at you. When I joined this server I had really high hopes to have the chance to roleplay with people within DayZ. Sadly that really didn't happen because of the low standards of actual roleplay within the game.

I understand the fact the people might not be into roleplay that much and we all need to make compromises to ensure that everybody enjoys themselves as much as possible. In the end all we want to do is to have fun! :D

So this is a call to any and all roleplayers out there to show their interest to join together and roleplay! The idea is to make events as a plot of some sorts to come together and hopefully make some interesting interactions and hopefully roleplay together.

It really doesn't matter if you're new to roleplay and want a new experience within DayZ or if you're a veteran roleplayer that want to expand your roleplaying. Everyone is welcome but I hope this won't be exploited by bandits. What I mean it's of course acceptable to come and try to rob us or something but all I ask is if you do that please respect that we are roleplaying and act accordingly. ;)

My idea is that make a continuous plot of sorts that would give reason for all our different reasons. A suggestion is to start with perhaps a cryptic radio message or something similar. There are alot of possibilities and I hope we can discuss this! :) I was also thinking of making some sort of conclusion after every event about what happened to allow people who missed the event for any reason to be able to catch up. All this would be done in a roleplay perspective of course.

What do you think? Would you be interested in this kind of things? Got a better idea instead? Let's discuss the possibilities of bringing more roleplay out of the forums and actually into the game! :)

• Emerald

Dude this is precisely what I'm trying to do with iN! (seriously not trying to advertise)

Even if you don't want to like pledge loyalty to a clan, I could use mates willing to help with projects I have planned for the iN. I made it with the idea of just a collection of roleplaying leaders for the server having something to work with and entertain themselves and others, not so much a tight knit l33t bandit clan or anything. (EDIT: I'm trying to make a band of roleplayers, just as you are suggesting) I've got plans for big server wide events and contests involving clans and loners alike. Each event has basis in the backstory.

But you're right, I should also consider a broad storyline for all of it to follow. Just know that I am down. Count me and any future members of iN as 100% up for this.

• Emerald

If you guys are replying to me, the iN doesn't really require loyalty or you to wear the clan tag. I don't want cretins do to what I tell them, I just want a base of people to play with and contribute to the roleplay of the Injected.

After all, drug dealers have their day jobs!

I am not leaving my group but am happy to contribute and interact for myself and on behalf of the CLF :)

That is the idea was behind this/these "event(s)". Hopefully we will all come together with out own individual perspective and motives for acting upon the plot as it progresses. Hopefully this will allow you to be able to roleplay even though you are in a clan that might not put effort into doing that kind of stuff on a regular basis or at all for that matter.

If you guys are replying to me, the iN doesn't really require loyalty or you to wear the clan tag. I don't want cretins do to what I tell them, I just want a base of people to play with and contribute to the roleplay of the Injected.

After all, drug dealers have their day jobs!

I really like to interact with you "organization" from my own perspective as an Outpost Ranger. Hopefully we can make some interesting story if we work together in certain situations!

What do you all mean by RP? I behave as my character would in any given situation and have been developing a backstory for him. But I don't put on accents or pretend to be a pirate.

Well that's great but there are many people out there which I believe would like to roleplay alot more but find themselves restricted by being i certain clans or groups that makes it very hard for them to do this. Or perhaps they just don't really want to be forced to roleplay all the time but indeed would like to implement -some- roleplay to their character in game.

I'm totally onboard. All this turmoil lately kind of makes me feel like now is the perfect time to try and bring some RP to the front. RP events are an absolute favorite of mine, and I'd LOVE to see more of them. I feel like my character needs something of a reason to interact with folks, as neither he nor I are really interested in being robbed and executed :D

Once there's an established story line, I might actually have the inspiration to jump in with an event or two of my own. I'd really love for this to become a more prominent atmosphere around the server.

• Emerald

If people are willing, I could work on broadening my plans for iN even further to give such a large storyline to the server. Perhaps Dr. Habib and The Client can have interactions or something.

Anyway, I'd love to contribute towards this aim, especially of so many are up for it. I need the practice, after all. I'm going into game design :D

If people are willing, I could work on broadening my plans for iN even further to give such a large storyline to the server. Perhaps Dr. Habib and The Client can have interactions or something.

Dr. Habib is banned I'm afraid. But I agree with, and I'm sure S-GRU would agree with this sentiment. Anyway anyone would like to involve CSR in rp schemes, don't hesitate to contact me.

• MVP

I am not leaving my group but am happy to contribute and interact for myself and on behalf of the CLF :)

That is the idea was behind this/these "event(s)". Hopefully we will all come together with out own individual perspective and motives for acting upon the plot as it progresses. Hopefully this will allow you to be able to roleplay even though you are in a clan that might not put effort into doing that kind of stuff on a regular basis or at all for that matter.

If the role-playing adds in some decent interactions between groups I am sure the other CLF members will be happy to see how this pans out.

• Emerald

Dr. Habib is banned I'm afraid. But I agree with, and I'm sure S-GRU would agree with this sentiment. Anyway anyone would like to involve CSR in rp schemes, don't hesitate to contact me.

*Scans obscenely complicated signature description of clan.

Um....I'll let you know if I come up with something.

• Legend

What do you all mean by RP? I behave as my character would in any given situation and have been developing a backstory for him. But I don't put on accents or pretend to be a pirate.

That's pretty much what I do, but my character is no really that much different from me, personality wise. He does have a far more interesting history, but there's not much call to talk about that, and my character resists people trying to get details out of him / doesn't want to talk about the past.

Sometimes I put on an accent, but it can be uncomfortable because I use a southern American gentleman's accent and affect archaic manners, and one of my clanmates is actually from the south and goes out of his way to leave his accent behind. It's a lot easier if I'm drunk though. Maybe I should just drink more?

• Emerald

That's pretty much what I do, but my character is no really that much different from me, personality wise. He does have a far more interesting history, but there's not much call to talk about that, and my character resists people trying to get details out of him / doesn't want to talk about the past.

Sometimes I put on an accent, but it can be uncomfortable because I use a southern American gentleman's accent and affect archaic manners, and one of my clanmates is actually from the south and goes out of his way to leave his accent behind. It's a lot easier if I'm drunk though. Maybe I should just drink more?

From the recently established leader in Chernarussian substance abuse and distribution: yes. You should drink more.

I'm happy to see so many that seem intrested in bringing out more roleplay. It's a nice feeling knowing you're not alont out there! :)

I've been thinking about a few ideas. I'm still trying to figure out how to a grand plot in a roleplay fashion. I will post further updates as I make progress. If you have any concrete ideas about this please feel free to post here in the thread or simply make a private PM to me. I would love to discuss this matter with you all.

I have also been thinking about how to create a more general option to roleplay. There have been som concerns in the past about the teamspeak since it could be used to metagame alot without us really knowing (provided they use a private channel of course). My suggestion is if allowed it would be great to make a few roleplay channels in the official DayZ RP teamspeak that can support us roleplayers as they do the clans. The idea behind this channel would have to have some rules of course since we are roleplaying. The best idea I have come up with is that make is as a radio channel of sorts. There would be one public channel where you can send broadcasts across Chernarus. This would of course have to be IC as you would imagine. It would also be great if you could switch to another private channel (I would be good to have two of those) to avoid spamming the public channel if you're roleplaying with someone while in seperate locations.

What do you guys think about that? I thin it would give us the tools we need to be able to find eachother and roleplay while trying to avoid metagame (use OCC information while in character) as much as possible but still make it enjoyable and easy to be able to band together and such. Some things have to be agreed on to be able to use this in a roleplaying fashion. You would have to act like this was a real radio that your character used. If you're roleplaying as a soldier you sould use proper military communication and vice versa. You would also now know if anyone is listening in on your conversation which I hope can make some intresting ambushes from bandits perhaps? This would also help the bandits from knowing that the people they are trying to ambush and rob are roleplaying and then could act accordingly.

Since there is alot of mixture of people who don't roleplay and people who would like to roleplay more it would be good to know if anyone out there is intrested in doing some roleplay also. I might be considered metagaming but sometimes you just need to compromise to make it more enjoyable for everyone!

• Emerald

I've been thinking a lot about this lately. For instance, it would be awesome if somehow the side chat could be linked with a radio. Radios used to be really rare items. What if we made them quite common in military loots (as common as basic weapons like AKs), and only with them could you speak on or hear the side chat. It was just a thought.

I will PM you with some of my ideas.

Yes, at least if everyone who answered "Yes*" on this poll try to bring a little more roleplay in the game, I think it may work. I think we need events, we need a reason to roleplay and makes the other players roleplay too.

As far as a way to draw people in, I would say as Spotter suggested, side chat linked to a radio somehow. It's probably a horrible bitch to program, but opening it up if you had a radio or were within range of a broadcast tower or something, would be great.

I tend to find it really awkward trying to roleplay over voice, it's probably just a personal thing, but I think that having it in text would be more inclusive. Some folks may not have access to suitable TS capabilities at all times.

Either way though, something to bring RPers together for the purpose of specifically RPing would be a real boon.

As far as a way to draw people in, I would say as Spotter suggested, side chat linked to a radio somehow. It's probably a horrible bitch to program, but opening it up if you had a radio or were within range of a broadcast tower or something, would be great.

I tend to find it really awkward trying to roleplay over voice, it's probably just a personal thing, but I think that having it in text would be more inclusive. Some folks may not have access to suitable TS capabilities at all times.

Either way though, something to bring RPers together for the purpose of specifically RPing would be a real boon.

I agree with you, radio could be an interesting way to do this. I can't wait to roleplay with you guys since this is the main reason I came on this server.

I think it may become very interesting if we are alot of players who actually do roleplay.