Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 07:11

Should lmg/.50 cal remove your ability to use backpack?

Vote yes no?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As it is right now, most lmg's and high powered sniper rifles make it so ylu are not able to wear backpack. This is not a bug, it is a feature ingame. Should this feature stay to nalance the high poser of the weapons, or should we make it like in dayz where they do not take up your backpack slot?

As of right now I tend to run alone or with a friend. I use my M107 to scout ahead. I have not yet been in a situation in which I've needed to shoot it. It sits in my backpack unless I'm scouting a town.

So no, I don't think it should.

• MVP

This is not logical since there alot of other things that not logical.

I bet it´s easier to carry a m107 and a backpack then have 5 carwheels inside the backpack :P

etc

etc...

My 2 cents: No Backpack if LMG or .50 cal

Why:

IRL they say that a troop is never faster than the LMG gunners / Anti material snipers. This is because this weapons are so bulky and heavy that in a realistic world they require support personell, the reason why ARMA has this feature, and why i believe DayZRP should.

If you want a sniper to scout then the RL counterparts is the DMR or M-24, specifically designed for movement and ease of carrying.

I think this would fit perfectly into the Dayz atmosphere. Noone would carry a M-107 in a dayz type event (it has a weight of 13-14 kg and full mags are heavy aswell), unless they are more people together carrying the burden of such a bulky weapon. (And ofc have a way of life that requires that heavy weaponry, ie bandits/military etc)

If you really want a more realistic inventory, add ACE. This also deals with the 5 wheels in a backpack etc.

• MVP

Jukki, What about this :

There is this 'special backpack' Ive proposed the name,right?

What if you could allow wearing that only backpack and .50cal weapons ?(Dunno if it's possible to make an exception for only that type of backpack)

This way the .50 cal guys can have a weapon to switch to simulating having such on a back(putting in/out of backpack). Plus it would give the 'special backpack' some functionality and value among the others.

• MVP

Why make things difficult? Why not just keep the current backpack?

Arma strives for authenticity whereas DayZ is entirely fictional but using a simulator as it's engine.

Another possibility, that doesn't look explored as of yet, is putting the LMG in the 'backpack slot' or RPG slot.

That way it is a conscious choice to use an LMG or AM rifle as you are sacrificing bag space to have a big arse gun on your back.

I think you should be able to have a backpack if you are carrying a LMG PKM/m249/m240/mk48

The only weapon i think should remove the backpack is the .50 caliber sniper rifles, and in this case the KSVK?

Reason? Its a frigging anti material rifle that can take down a helicopter with one well placed shot.

Why is the KSVK in if the m107 is gone? :o The M107 did actually have the disadvantage of being LOUD AS FUCK. :)

Because the m107 is semi automatic 10 round.

Ksvk is 5 round bolt action rifle, and it has a worse scope aswell

My 2 cents: No Backpack if LMG or .50 cal

Why:

IRL they say that a troop is never faster than the LMG gunners / Anti material snipers. This is because this weapons are so bulky and heavy that in a realistic world they require support personell, the reason why ARMA has this feature, and why i believe DayZRP should.

If you want a sniper to scout then the RL counterparts is the DMR or M-24, specifically designed for movement and ease of carrying.

I think this would fit perfectly into the Dayz atmosphere. Noone would carry a M-107 in a dayz type event (it has a weight of 13-14 kg and full mags are heavy aswell), unless they are more people together carrying the burden of such a bulky weapon. (And ofc have a way of life that requires that heavy weaponry, ie bandits/military etc)

If you really want a more realistic inventory, add ACE. This also deals with the 5 wheels in a backpack etc.

so remove M107....???? I would like to see it removed. And same for MK48 for the PKM. Same damage, but its more fitting in the land of Chernarus.

Why is the KSVK in if the m107 is gone? :o The M107 did actually have the disadvantage of being LOUD AS FUCK. :)

Maybe its just my sound system, but the ARMA sounds are so bad its hard to actualy pin point the right direction. I don't get any further then left or right, but that is about it. Many games have better sound quality.

So yeah I would like to see more russian/Eastern variants in the game: PKM, The Sa58 and Sa61. Multiple variants on the AK are available. In a country like that people would walk with ak's not with M16acog,

Because the m107 is semi automatic 10 round.

Ksvk is 5 round bolt action rifle, and it has a worse scope aswell

Good point! I'm going to get my hands on one of those Ksvk's.

so remove M107....???? I would like to see it removed. And same for MK48 for the PKM. Same damage, but its more fitting in the land of Chernarus.

The land of chernarus still has a history that makes an abundance of american weapons feasible.

I dont want it removed, but i want it to hurt when carrying one, i.e. no backpack and no extra primary.

Same for LMG, IRL they have LMG teams as they have sniper teams.

If you get sneaked up on then you are screwed unless you manage a lucky noscope. This is realistic! No real heavy sniper would just leap around and switch the barret for a mk-48 out of his backpack. This is why heavy caliber snipers seldom operate alone IRL unless for base defence. (And to carry equipment +spotter ofc, 14kg +ammo is enough for one man).

• MVP

Remove backpack for heavy weapons. Rather then stating its for realism, consider it for balance.

Heavy snipers and LMGs are generally the most powerful weapons ingame. If the RPG-7 is added it would also apply, and help make it feel more standard for massive force-multiplier hardware.

• Emerald

Okay, so by making these powerful weapons take a backpack slot you imply that they will become less overpowered because the user will require support to use them, and not be able to have a second weapon.

This restricts their practicality to large clans. Large clans already have a large advantage. Regular survivors won't be able to carry such weapons and will be restricted to less powerful weapons, because a backpack is essential for longterm survival and the carrying of food and medicine.

By doing this you're basicly forcing survivors to stick to lower end weapons whilst allowing groups to still aquire better weapons, just with a small price.

Okay, so by making these powerful weapons take a backpack slot you imply that they will become less overpowered because the user will require support to use them, and not be able to have a second weapon.

This restricts their practicality to large clans. Large clans already have a large advantage. Regular survivors won't be able to carry such weapons and will be restricted to less powerful weapons, because a backpack is essential for longterm survival and the carrying of food and medicine.

By doing this you're basicly forcing survivors to stick to lower end weapons whilst allowing groups to still aquire better weapons, just with a small price.

KSVK is only kind of only effective out of intiation range ;)

• Emerald

Thread is about LMGs too ;)

Thread is about LMGs too ;)

imo would be kind of heavy to carry a backpack and an LMG =P

• MVP

Cnat you do so LMG and high caliber snipers takes the backpack slot instead?

Ehm.... Read the topic again please. :D

Really.

:D

What i think we should do is to make it so ksvk and m240 round using machine guns (m60, m240, mk 48) plus russian pkp weapons would take backpack slot. m249 and rpk would not.