Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 01:05

Community stay, Zoarial go!

Papa Emeritus II

• MVP

Howdy DayZ RP!

First of all we (we = certain members from SoA, S.D.S, S-GRU, Z.C and RF) wish to thank everyone who is contributing to this great community. Contributing members and staff is what a community is all about. That is also what we all need to protect if we want this community to be best one also in the future. To be able to protect it, we all have to be self-critical and take a look at what is best for the community.

This thread will be a very long one, so if you want to read it, read the entire one. Otherwise just leave it. As we have active informant(s) within the DayZRP-staff we will not reveal any information at all about the identity of them, so don’t bother asking. All that we can tell is that there are active staff members that are tired of the new admin hierarchy and the way certain members and clans gets treated, therefore they gives us their full support. SoA disbanding and leaving the server was the event that made the informant(s) provide us with all the material we wanted and to make us all come to the conclusion that we have all had enough.

Recently, the “self-critical” part has been lacking within major parts of the staff of this community. We are therefore writing this formal complaint thread that is signed by various members of every active Bandit faction on the community.

Within a hierarchy such as the one we have on the RP-community, the admins are on top of the food chain. Their hard work and dedication to the community is a great contribution to what has made us all so passionate in our roles as Bandits and Survivors. We respect and thank them for this specific part. However with authority comes also responsibility and expectations. Normally, if those two are not met, the trust from ordinary users gets spent, and the authority is given to someone else.

When we have situations where admins dogmatically slams the (permanent) ban hammer on……..:

- Individuals who combat logs to save themself from KOS-attempts

- Players who gets punished because of other players not obeying NLR

- Whole clans that get the blame for what one individual did

- Members which posts are considered to be “trolling”

- Members that certain admins do not like

……… and at the same time have members of the admin team who are abusing dark gray areas of the rules to hold gladiator themed death matches for their own excitement. We also have certain admins who are cheering together after banning a whole clan based on rumors. We can say this: NO ONE of us is amused.

During the last couple of months we have had several incidents where admins and GMs have acted very immature, without the ability of self-criticism and without remorse, even if it afterwards has been proven that they were wrong. There have been several incidents where almost the whole neutral part of the community has been against the ruling decision, yet the decision has passed. This has damaged the community severely and pushed away many active players. Earlier we had almost two servers full during the evenings, now the only server left barely gets full.

Members from all of the clans who has composed this message agree that one major factor to this damages is Zoarial’s lack of self-criticism. It has lead a decreased activity and increased riot among the community members. We have all given him so many times to improve himself, yet, he does not make it. He just continues his self-righteous way of handling matters.

Before Zoarial’s promotion we all had the chance to get Rolle to review Zoarial’s bad judgment, but since the promotion Zoarial is allowed to decide the final calls, even in reports and ban appeals that have been handled by himself. We do not believe that anyone will back that behavior up and call it for being sensible. We are now very sick and tired of this procedure getting repeated and repeated. There were events during Rolle’s absence when Zoarial simply replied: “Cool, ban holds” even though the clans involved had come to an agreement to drop all charges. This should not be an accepted behavior from a staff member on the very top.

With this thread we also want to provide the community the truth about how a fellow bandit clan among us got banned during early December, and the very “well thought” reasons behind it. We will do so by providing admin-chat logs from the actual event. The reason for doing this is to show the community what can happen when there are GMs/admins that are in love of slamming the ban hammer and then cheer about it, like a victory for the community. It is a surprise for us to see how certain GMs that otherwise gives the shine of being reasonable on the forums seems to be soooo improper for the job as GM.

Other embarrassing logs from more recent events will be posted if we do not receive what we want:

-A clear answer how this behavior is accepted

-An explanation of this obvious ban rage from Livs

-Zoarial’s demotion so that he cannot slam his biased ban hammer anymore

It is no idea trying to track us down because of this thread, unless staff wants more than 50% of the active clans to move from the server and the community. You know who WE are. Instead we suggest that you keep your members happy, and also that you keep your own admin/GM team happy, free from abuse of power and passion of the ban hammer.

We do not want to leave the server and therefore we ask you, Rolle, to demote Zoarial as he obviously cannot handle his power. His bad and biased judgment has pushed away enough clans and players already. We also want clear and direct answers why this kind of behavior seems to be accepted among server staff and why you are frequently denying its existence even though we have, A LOT of proof.

Someone needs to start take care of this community again.

It´s going way out of hands.

Best regards,

PLEASE DON´T QUOTE THIS MESSAGE, SINCE IT´S... VERY LONG!

Guest Investorinski

Removed the internal staff chat logs.

With all respect, but why? Is the behavior shown in the logs something that the responsible GMs and Admin cannot stand for?

• Server Manager

Removed the internal staff chat logs.

With all respect, but why? Is the behavior shown in the logs something that the responsible GMs and Admin cannot stand for?

It's internal sensitive information which I presume was leaked by Fabian. When Fabian was promoted he was informed about that he may not share the information from the staff channel or the staff tools with anyone outside at any time.

Also please remove the usernames signing this petition or "open letter" that are no longer part of the community.

• MVP

I'm sorry about that DeadAntelope.

It´s been a discussion between the clan-leaders.

Guest Investorinski

Rolle, read the thread.

Fabian has nothing to do with this. You have current GMs that do not agree with Zoarial and his decisions. Banning Fabian for something he has not done is not fair. If you wish I bet more recent logs can be shown.

• Server Manager

Rolle, read the thread.

Fabian has nothing to do with this. You have current GMs that do not agree with Zoarial and his decisions. Banning Fabian for something he has not done is not fair. If you wish I bet more recent logs can be shown.

Then I'd like to know the source of these Skype chatlogs.

Guest Investorinski

Rolle, read the thread.

You know we can't give you that. But banning Fabian in rage is not fair.

Deal with the problem instead.

Also please remove the usernames signing this petition or "open letter" that are no longer part of the community.

I in no way support this thread, but anyways I see the reason for the members that have left beeing there. Some of them was great contributors to this community and has left because they feel like this.

• Server Manager

Rolle, read the thread.

You know we can't give you that. But banning Fabian in rage is not fair.

Deal with the problem instead.

He's the only suspect, I'll take my chances. Back to the topic.

Guest Investorinski

Exactly. I agree with Trasig.

Dealing with those issues in the exact same manner as the one most of the clans on the server opposes in the first post is not the right way of doing it.

• MVP

Well.... obviously there's a lot of hate here but let me clear some things up and make some of these comments true and defend myself.

First,

When we have situations where admins dogmatically slams the (permanent) ban hammer on……..:

- Individuals who combat logs to save themself from KOS-attempts

- Players who gets punished because of other players not obeying NLR

- Whole clans that get the blame for what one individual did

- Members which posts are considered to be “trolling”

- Members that certain admins do not like

[/Quote]

I have never perma banned anyone for combat logging, but followed the orders given to me to be more strict on the wording of the rules and ban according to what was established in them.

I just got done making policy as not to issue whole punishments to clans and instead ban the one person responsible.

i've only banned members for "Trolling" after multipul warnings.

Members from all of the clans who has composed this message agree that one major factor to this damages is Zoarial’s lack of self-criticism. It has lead a decreased activity and increased riot among the community members. We have all given him so many times to improve himself, yet, he does not make it. He just continues his self-righteous way of handling matters.[/Quote]

Lack of self-criticism?? Let me tell you a story about a guy i banned once for not responding to KoS in my first days as a GM, at the time it was policy to just ban someone from the game 5 minutes after not responding to a report, the guy critised me for this because at the time he was in a firefight, and thus i change the way all GM's and ADMINS banning policy work so now we issue an in game warning and 15 mins wait time. So this is absolutely FALSE.

Other embarrassing logs from more recent events will be posted if we do not receive what we want:

-A clear answer how this behavior is accepted

-An explanation of this obvious ban rage from Livs

-Zoarial’s demotion so that he cannot slam his biased ban hammer anymore[/Quote]

Threatening is a good way to get what you want.

We do not want to leave the server and therefore we ask you, Rolle, to demote Zoarial as he obviously cannot handle his power. His bad and biased judgment has pushed away enough clans and players already. We also want clear and direct answers why this kind of behavior seems to be accepted among server staff and why you are frequently denying its existence even though we have, A LOT of proof.[/Quote]

Proof of what? me and every other GM doing exactly what the rules say we are to do? I have followed policy to the letter and for it i get this.. Have i made mistakes? FUCK YES, i'm human shit happens, even Rolle and yourself Patte make mistakes so this witch hunt blaming Zoarial for everything is just wrong an a complete false comment.

All i have to say is i've already spoken to a few of these people and they say that they didn't give permission for this "signature" which i find amazing. And if you are questioning my "banning and ability to handle the preassure" i've read all this stuff, and yet i haven't issued one ban.

If you are gonna accuse me of my faults, do it to my face, don't create a petition and get some "messenger" to make it for you, man up.

Although I don't agree with this thread, Fabian should not have been banned as the chat logs did not come from him nor do you have any evidence that he leaked those logs. Maybe you should actually get to the bottom of who did leak those logs before banning people without any actual evidence seeing as you normally wouldn't ban people on 'a feeling'.

Check your admin team, if Fabian is your only suspect then maybe you should think a bit harder, as even I know of a true CA.

Guest Investorinski

This is an open letter, pretty much to your face Zoarial. It states that almost every clan on the server is against your behavior.

But you keep on being blindfolded?

• MVP

Proof of what? me and every other GM doing exactly what the rules say we are to do? I have followed policy to the letter and for it i get this.. Have i made mistakes? FUCK YES, i'm human shit happens, even Rolle and yourself Patte make mistakes so this witch hunt blaming Zoarial for everything is just wrong an a complete false comment.

Im afraid that is half the problem.

(Im talking about ruling, nothing else. I give you GM´s/Admins all cred in the world for driving this community)

What the GM/admins are doing now can even a monkey do.

A GM is chosen because of his skill to actually get into each unique situation and do a JUDGEMENT on that pariticular situation.

Now you all look at this ENORMEOUS page of Rules and deal the punish for that particular rulebreaking.

Each situation is unique.

• MVP

This is an open letter, pretty much to your face Zoarial. It states that almost every clan on the server is against your behavior.

Blind folded? SO am i supposed to get on my knees every time people don't like me? OF course not, My job is to enforce and maintain the rules YOU AS THE COMMUNITY agreed on, and now as you don't like it you blame me for enforcing the rules you all created.

This isn't about my choices its because people don't like me as a person, its because of hackers that were on the server didn't like the fact that i didn't let them walk around.

Stop hiding behind the "blame it all on Zoarial" and lets talk about the real issue being that you all agreed to a set of rules and when it back fired you chose to pick a fall guy and i'm it.

(Im talking about ruling, nothing else. I give you GM´s/Admins all cred in the world for driving this community)

A GM is chosen because of his skill to actually get into each unique situation and do a JUDGEMENT on that pariticular situation.

Now you all look at this ENORMEOUS page of Rules and deal the punish for that particular rulebreaking.

Then why blame me? WE ALL being the ENTIRE COMMUNITY VOTED FOR THESE RULES!!! But i'm the guy who gets the heat for enforcing what you guise wanted? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Guest Sockervadd

Have i made mistakes? FUCK YES, i'm human shit happens, even Rolle and yourself Patte make mistakes

So looking at how many misstakes you did in the last month. How come im still perm banned for making 3 misstakes? Shouldt you mods have a "strike meter" to just like us players?

Even the ones you hate must stand under your protection if that's what the rules demand. As such they are treated equal to every other member.

Accepting this is in my opinion perhaps the most important part of maturity for a community administrative staff.

That's one of the conclusions i've come to during my years of work with a forum board with roughly 350 times as many members as this community.

Hasty judgments and punishing people on emotional grounds will inevitably be leading to the death of such a community.

Guest Investorinski

Blind folded? SO am i supposed to get on my knees every time people don't like me? OF course not, My job is to enforce and maintain the rules YOU AS THE COMMUNITY agreed on

As when you permabanned Fabian from both DayZRP and TeamSpeak due to your personal thoughts about him? "He was a whiny bitch" and you didn't like him according to your own words. Rolle has revoked tons of YOUR messed up and delusional decisions.

If I were you I would be ashamed of protecting my own behavior when 50+ members have signed this letter, opposing it. Maybe you should TRY to be a little bit humble?

But hey, that's just me who thinks that, and almost the rest of the active community.

Guest Maggorra

Have i made mistakes? FUCK YES, i'm human shit happens, even Rolle and yourself Patte make mistakes

So looking at how many misstakes you did in the last month. How come im still perm banned for making 3 misstakes? Shouldt you mods have a "strike meter" to just like us players?

Pressing the like button ;)

• MVP

Because i made up for my mistakes, i reinstated characters when i was wrong, i lifted bans when i felt they were unfair, i didn't break rules on 3 separate cases. My mistakes came from being either to strict on the rules, exactly what the community wanted i might add, or from being to light and being told to make them heavier from an agreement by staff based upon community discussions.

In your case, you were given 2 chances and on the 3rd time you still didn't learn from your mistakes.

Vs me who makes less and less mistakes. and over the last month? i have been away doing little to no DayzRP banning, i've been checking on the work of Jr. GMs to make sure they were following the policys set up and the rules established and getting rid of hackers, other wise i have been spending my weekends having a social life and my weekdays working 16 hr days. SO how my mistakes of the last month apply here i can't follow as i wasn't really here.

• MVP

Blind folded? SO am i supposed to get on my knees every time people don't like me? OF course not, My job is to enforce and maintain the rules YOU AS THE COMMUNITY agreed on, and now as you don't like it you blame me for enforcing the rules you all created.

This isn't about my choices its because people don't like me as a person, its because of hackers that were on the server didn't like the fact that i didn't let them walk around.

Stop hiding behind the "blame it all on Zoarial" and lets talk about the real issue being that you all agreed to a set of rules and when it back fired you chose to pick a fall guy and i'm it.

Then why blame me? WE ALL being the ENTIRE COMMUNITY VOTED FOR THESE RULES!!! But i'm the guy who gets the heat for enforcing what you guise wanted? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Yeah sure, but the difference is that some other GMS trying to be logical in most cases.

And, this is not towards you directly. But, when more then half the GM´s/Admins is against certain rules and some bans. But HAS to ban them anyway cause the rules say so...

There is some serious error within the rules.