Server time: 2018-07-17, 23:24 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
SatansNightOut

Alt+F4

Am I the only one that didn't get the "memo" that alt+F4 SUICIDES YOUR CHARACTER?

Would have been nice to have a warning, considering I just wasted the last hour or two gearing up.

Oh, yeah, and now I can't return to the place I was RPing for two hours.

Awesome.

Guest Icy

probably set to prevent combat logging, ALT-F4 isn't meant to be used to log out either way I think

Wait what?! Thats my way of logging off instead of waiting the "30", more like 60, seconds it normally takes...

Thanks for the heads up

Whats wrong with waiting 30 seconds?

Just get into a tree or bush and let the timer count down whilst tabbed out or whatever...?

probably set to prevent combat logging, ALT-F4 isn't meant to be used to log out either way I think

Just get into a tree or bush and let the timer count down whilst tabbed out or whatever...?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Thanks for being a guinea pig for us all, now we know. You're a hero really, you might have saved tons of lives down the road.

:troll:

You're a hero

Truth ;)

Thanks for being a guinea pig for us all, now we know. You're a hero really, you might have saved tons of lives down the road.

:troll:

I guess it's not the first time I've taken one for the team.

:P

Guest Icy

Ain't nobody got time for that.

trust me, I hate it. the times some stupid comrade ran next to me at 5 seconds left, and I raged are too many

but it's one of the bad things we need, as people could just "Escape->Abort" as soon as they get initiated and claim they did hear it, already were logged and shit like that

When you have impatient parents, its kind of a hassle

If this is true then its bad... Sometimes my character freezes up and then falls to the ground dead (due to my side of the connection to servers) so I have to Alt+F4 right when I log in or else he dies. Its not like I use it for combat logging or to disconnect quickly ( I actually wait for the 30 seconds) its generally because if I don't my character will die due to some stupid connection problem I get once in a while.

I think it may have just been a glitch, because I just tested it out and nothing happened.

I think it may have just been a glitch, because I just tested it out and nothing happened.

Wait, what? Really? Damn.

Meh, waiting the thirty seconds isn't only for duping or combat logging, but it's to ensure your character data is saved correctly, you've only got yourself to blame :P

Remember, it's there for a reason!

Meh, waiting the thirty seconds isn't only for duping or combat logging, but it's to ensure your character data is saved correctly, you've only got yourself to blame :P

Remember, it's there for a reason!

I have never, ever had issues using Alt+F4 to exit the game. I've heard people have lost weapons and gear doing it, but since my time playing, nothing negative has ever occurred to me.

Till now. xD

Are you kidding me. Oops

Guest MARTiN

This is very problematic for me and will most likely make me not be able to play RP.

My video drivers sometimes freezes causing literlly everything to freeze, hence i cannot quit Arma 2 in any other way than ALT F4. No task manager or something like that, only ALT F4

it's a bug - expect it fixed when Rolle wakes up tomorrow.

However - you SHOULD NOT log out with alt-f4 anyway, unless you crash and are forced to then tbh you kind of deserve it.

The log out timer is there for a reason - respect it

...what reason is that? Surely not for combat loggers, we have logs for that. What could it possibly be for?

...what reason is that? Surely not for combat loggers, we have logs for that. What could it possibly be for?

Many reasons mostly technical - it breaks multiple ways of duping, eases strain on the database and server logs, garuntees that your character syncs and saves correctly and also makes you think a little bit about where you log off

We allow people to return to there bodies if they're killed due to bugs/glitches correct? You should be able to run back to your body or if not, get a friend to grab your stuff.

Many reasons mostly technical - it breaks multiple ways of duping, eases strain on the database and server logs, garuntees that your character syncs and saves correctly and also makes you think a little bit about where you log off

Ohh ok. i dont know much about how arma 2 servers work, sorry if that came off a bit edgy.

If you have a bad enough connection and your quick enough. You can click "Abort" before the 30 second timer starts. That's what i've always done.

If you have a bad enough connection and your quick enough. You can click "Abort" before the 30 second timer starts. That's what i've always done.

Yeah thats one good thing about my shitty hardware xD

We allow people to return to there bodies if they're killed due to bugs/glitches correct? You should be able to run back to your body or if not, get a friend to grab your stuff.

Died multiple times due to glitches, only allowed to return to body once, under Thumper's supervision. Whether you are allowed depends on the mood and character of the admin replying to you, more than anything else.

Like the time a GM told me Barrack doors *cannot possibly kill you*. Guess what I died from.