Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:58

1st Person or 3rd Person.......

If the server allows you to use 3rd person then of course you should use it, since it gives you an advantage ( peeking around corners etc )

First person is better when u need to shoot people unless the server allows you to have a crosshair in 3rd person

Dont get me wrong, id love to play first person only but its just stupid, since im in a bandit clan i get into alot of firefights and the 3rd person view is just overpowered, So using 1st person only would be like shooting myself in the foot.

• Emerald

I use first person only, even when proned.

I like to keep things realistic and I like the atmosphere of it.

I also don't turn my brightness and Gamma maxed out when it's night. I'll just use chemlights... moodyness.

I don't really care if there are people that turn off any visual effect and put their POV to quake pro, just so they can win at killing more people. I like to play for the beauty of realism.

If I want quick and dirty PvP gaming I go and play TF2.

First person only does get pretty hard, and is much better for immersion, but something about the atmosphere of 3rd is enjoyable to me. I feel a lot more like an observer watching my little survivor dude as he makes his way through this awful wasteland. Feels a lot more inspiring for some reason.

Also, I like the fact that in third person I can check how concealed I am. I find that when trying to hide in first person only, half my body winds up poking out plainly visible. I try not to use it to look around corners and stuff.

Oh, and vehicles are a must for first person for me.

• MVP

I play like Sumos it seems. I only use first person when I have shoot at people.

I play like this aswell, when you need to focus on a shot nothing beats 1st person, but while running there are senses and a field of vision that just can't be beat if you are using 3rd person. IN real life you have a sense of things around you that a video game can't give you which 3rd person does its best to give you.

• MVP

Indeed, no need to force it on anyone.

Use it if you want for your RP perspective but no one is forcing you to use it to be competitive.

That is not an excuse. Here you do not need twitch skills as much as the other servers. Surely you can use both as the situation permits.

Indeed, no need to force it on anyone.

Use it if you want for your RP perspective but no one is forcing you to use it to be competitive.

That is not an excuse. Here you do not need twitch skills as much as the other servers. Surely you can use both as the situation permits.

It is mainly the fact that you can see people without being seen yourself I don't like about it. So by using first person I am at a disadvantage. But the community has spoken so there is no point in arguing the matter.

• 6 months later...
  • Community Manager

No point in discussing this over and over and over again. This is also a old post, I don't see why it has been bumped.