Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 03:08

Hunger GameZ

Guest Clust3r

• MVP

Anyway. In all seriousness, Rolle expressed an interest in a Hunger Games style event so what I would do mate is to link some of the servers you are talking about and their features and he can probably add something in.

Obviously this depends on the capacity to add one or even to put it on the test server. Worth a try though.

Edit: you do the work and link the stuff here :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest WaltteriH

Utes, everybody spawns with hatchets or crowbars.

Hidden ammo/weapon crates containing makarovs etc hidden at random places.

Last one alive wins 25€ in donation shop :troll:

This sounds like great fun xD

Utes, everybody spawns with hatchets or crowbars.

Hidden ammo/weapon crates containing makarovs etc hidden at random places.

Last one alive wins 25€ in donation shop :troll:

This sounds like even more fun!

• MVP

Better yet.

Everyone enters by paying a euro. We do a hunger games event as mentioned above. GMs can actively try to harm players via spawning items (similar to the events in the arena).

After that the winner gets given 25euros in the donation exchange as a reward and the total profits from the entrance money go to charity!

• Emerald

The event can be recorded by camera men, the intensity rising toward the final encounter. And prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the loser (first to die) announced too.

IMO, spawn with crowbar, and hatchets and crossbows are in containers across the map.

EDIT: I like the charity idea, even though it could exclude those who can't donate.

• MVP

The event can be recorded by camera men, the intensity rising toward the final encounter. And prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the loser (first to die) announced too.

IMO, spawn with crowbar, and hatchets and crossbows are in containers across the map.

EDIT: I like the charity idea, even though it could exclude those who can't donate.

I would happily chip in an extra few euros if it was for a good cause. I'm sure a number of people would do it also. It would be an event to put DayZ Rp on the map and also bring in a lot of positive PR if we do a good job of it.

• Emerald

Even though it would be a shame to exclude those without paypal, I agree that it could be an oppurtunity to raise money for a charity.

Seeing as it would be a gaming event, Childsplay is the main charity targetted towards small events like these.

IMO, 2€ each means that a single event could raise 100 if we had 50 taking part.

Obviously to get 50 it'd have to be announced well in advance.

I'm sure some people would donate more, pushing the total up.

• MVP

Better yet.

Everyone enters by paying a euro. We do a hunger games event as mentioned above. GMs can actively try to harm players via spawning items (similar to the events in the arena).

After that the winner gets given 25euros in the donation exchange as a reward and the total profits from the entrance money go to charity!

100% this.

• MVP

I approve of this idea.

Problem lies in :

Implementation of game mechanic - who will set up the map ? (Dont put work on devs, community - please step forward with for example utes mission file, there are ready hunger games mission on armaholic in Chernarus, needs to be ported to Utes for example, added weapons etc etc) and thread discussion about features.

How to set up charity 'hat' - please come up with ready solution

When, how and why - propose time of event, what will be features and make a background for whole thing

Great idea overall, but it would be neccesity for community to support it from scratch. Staff is already loaded with work on various levels. When all above are met I think Rolle would be more than happy to give it a try.

• MVP

I approve of this idea.

Problem lies in :

Implementation of game mechanic - who will set up the map ? (Dont put work on devs, community - please step forward with for example utes mission file, there are ready hunger games mission on armaholic in Chernarus, needs to be ported to Utes for example, added weapons etc etc) and thread discussion about features.

This might be already done if we can source the code and packages for it.

How to set up charity 'hat' - please come up with ready solution

Can set up a paypal donation account or any other donation page. We could even potentially investigate doing it via text as I have seen this for a few marathons recently.

When, how and why - propose time of event, what will be features and make a background for whole thing

Eta sometime in teh future. Guess we have to work out logistics first.

Great idea overall, but it would be neccesity for community to support it from scratch. Staff is already loaded with work on various levels. When all above are met I think Rolle would be more than happy to give it a try.

Aye community led only thing we could investigate is the maps in use and how we can implement god mode GMs.

Like Tortov said, Child's play seems like a logical choice: http://childsplaycharity.org/

They have a widget on their site that effectively removes the need for us to deal with it. The only problem I can foresee is how we can identify who donated.

I guess the timing should coincide with a peak time so we can get a fair few players on for it.

I have reached out to the guys from the videos above to see what was used.

Guest Clust3r

If you need a server to do any of this I can lend you mine. if you didnt want to take yours off line to do it.

I have wasteland rolling on mine at present but am in need of some players, it would be a good way of advertising it. I'd understand If you were not into it also.

hi guys i used to roll with a different community before i came back to here and i held several events, one of them being the hunger games, it was a complete success, i am more than happy to work with someone to get this event under way, i have all the ideas, the weapon lists, and starting gear everything all wrote down on my computer, all we need is a willing admin or someone with a server to get this set up :) pm me if anyone wants to get this underway.

• MVP

hi guys i used to roll with a different community before i came back to here and i held several events, one of them being the hunger games, it was a complete success, i am more than happy to work with someone to get this event under way, i have all the ideas, the weapon lists, and starting gear everything all wrote down on my computer, all we need is a willing admin or someone with a server to get this set up :) pm me if anyone wants to get this underway.

Awesome stuff. If you need help with any of the work, feel free to contact me as I'm happy to help.