Server time (UTC): 2021-09-18 14:43

Blood, Bullets and Politics
TODAY | 2021-09-18 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 5 hours, 16 minutes

Need Help Building A Gaming PC

If anyone is willing to help me put together a gaming pc, it would be greatly appreciated! I don't know a whole lot about them, I do have a friend who could help me build it once I got the parts, but he isn't willing to help me pick out the parts.

My budget would be under $900, but again I don't know a lot about them so if need be I guess I could bump up the budget.

What I need is someone to tell me a website and possibly pick out some key parts for me, like processors and graphic cards ect.

If anyone could help, I would really be grateful. You can contact me through PM or TeamSpeak (TS name is Brock Lee [b-17]).

Ya my friend recommend that site, but I don't know a lot about parts, and which ones I should get. That's why I made this thread, I'm hoping someone can maybe help me build one.

• Sapphire

Jack Frags often talks about good PC's

[video=youtube]

When i saw this thread,

I thought of the exact same thing haha

If I go by that video, its only $631, that seems really cheap for the quality.

I will build one on PC Part picker and maybe you guys can help adjust some parts for me.

Ok I have someone helping me, thanks for all the suggestions!

Do you only play Arma? If so i wouldnt buy that card, even though it's mantle supported its also a dual channel GPU which arma doesnt optimize. Id go for a 760 or 770. Also i would go for the FX 8350 instead of that processor due to the extra power and its only a bit cheaper.

• Emerald

When it's set up could you please tell me the performance of DayZ?

Sure thing

Could you possibly bump up the budget to $1500? If so I could offer a real beast of a gaming computer!

No, 950 is my cap.

:(

Ok man, I guess I can't help you too much! Now do you just want a gaming PC or a multi-platform one?

• Sapphire

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PLqvdC

Any tips/Suggestions?

Mainly want a better computer to play DayZRP.

Looks good man that should allow you to play most games in highest setting's.

Could you possibly bump up the budget to $1500? If so I could offer a real beast of a gaming computer!

No, 950 is my cap.

:(

Ok man, I guess I can't help you too much! Now do you just want a gaming PC or a multi-platform one?

I really just want a gaming PC that can handle Arma 2 DayZ as this is my most played game.

A few constructive thoughts.

1: Do not go for any hard drive at 5400 rpm. You need at least 7200, or even better, and SSD. If you pick an SSD, go for Samsung. I can personally recommend Samsung SSD EVO Basic 840-Series 500GB.

2: I would take EVGA graphics card since they have excellent support and warranty. I have the GTX 780 my self and it´s an amazing card with no coolwhine at all. Good cooling on the card from the box and it eats anything i play with ease.

• Community Manager

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WYMhFT is my preferred setup, but obviously not a budget build.

The monitor can easily be swapped if one wants a cheaper 60hz 1080p one. Other then that the build is similar to mine and I run DayZRP with ease.

A few constructive thoughts.

1: Do not go for any hard drive at 5400 rpm. You need at least 7200, or even better, and SSD. If you pick an SSD, go for Samsung. I can personally recommend Samsung SSD EVO Basic 840-Series 500GB.

2: I would take EVGA graphics card since they have excellent support and warranty. I have the GTX 780 my self and it´s an amazing card with no coolwhine at all. Good cooling on the card from the box and it eats anything i play with ease.

Thanks for the tips man!

Instead of making a new thread, these are my specs and I'm looking to upgrade (I have around 100 euro). Any recommendations?

6e6aac7bf6.png

Upgrade to both more and faster ram. With that MB you can have 1600 MHz DDR3 so far as you have the Ivy Bridge Processor, as you do. I would say 16 GB, and that´s also maximum your MB can handle.

Upgrade to windows 8.1. Much better performance and not expensive at all.

Install Win and games on the SSD. If you are stretched thin on the budget, at least go for a SSD to have Windows on.