Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 01:22

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo..

• Emerald

So I've been wanting a tattoo for a few years now, but have always been unsure what to get as I REALLY don't want to regret it in years to come!

I've been looking at sleeves, and this sort of thing keeps catching my eye and just thought I would get some opinions on it or maybe some ideas for a different one?

Cool-Polynesian-Tribal-Sleeve-Tattoo-Designs-for-Men.jpg

• Sapphire

You gotta' be really sure about it, if you have any doubts, don't do it. A tattoo is with you for life.

• Sapphire

The thing is with patterns like that you cant really go wrong in a few years time as it will still be well a pattern.

Th regret comes when you get tattoos of things you like or peoples names that you may possibly hate in the future or not be with in the future things like that.

• Emerald

Can't stand tribal tattoos. They don't make you look tribal, you look like a fucking zebra.

Lol, I can't see the zebra in it myself ;)

The thing is with patterns like that you cant really go wrong in a few years time as it will still be well a pattern.

Th regret comes when you get tattoos of things you like or peoples names that you may possibly hate in the future or not be with in the future things like that.

Yeah the only names of people I would get on my body would be my children's.

• Sapphire

Maybe you can get some inspiration from this thread or get some opinions.

• Emerald

Something like this might work

tHgrF6W.jpg

• Community Manager

Can't stand tribal tattoos. They don't make you look tribal, you look like a fucking zebra.

Agreed. And they don't have any meaning other than to look "cool". You'll regret a tribal, all of my friends who did one have regretted it.

Too mainstream, make your own sleeve with tattoos that would matter to you!

In the future you'll have to remember that you might not like it anymore, but back then you did. And that is what creates memories.

What Zero said, make one yourself. I have a half-sleeve made up of certain items that actually mean something to me. Each item/symbol has it's own story, and I have not once regret the tattoo.

Here are a couple of pictures of it for easier to understand what I mean.

7cd3I

7cd3b

• Emerald

That's a nice tattoo hofer, what do the two hands and the heart mean if you don't mind me asking? @hofer

I'm shit at drawing tbh so creating my own tattoo would not go down to well.

• Community Manager

That's a nice tattoo hofer, what do the two hands and the heart mean if you don't mind me asking? @hofer

I'm shit at drawing tbh so creating my own tattoo would not go down to well.

What Moxy said, it's a claddagh ring.

I didn't draw anything myself as I don't own any artistic sense at all. That's what the tattoo artist is there for. I presented him with 5-6 printed symbols, told him my thoughts and he drew everything by hand for me.

He then presented 2 sketches and I chose one of them. You don't have to draw anything for yourself. ;)

Don't get it full length mate, like Hofer said, make it small, then build it on if you wish too. Play it safe ;)

To be honest i think people who aren't tribal ( or it relates to them religiously or through their culture ) who get tribal tattoo's look a bit silly.

I've written a collage of quotes from different languages/cultures [Cantonese,arabic etc] and hopefully designed it correctly, but obviously I am open to different spiritual paths and can see the truth in what your saying. (:

• Emerald

I won't go straight for a full arm sleeve it will start at my shoulder and gradually turn into a full one. I've been thinking about names and thought it would be cool to have a sleeve with one or two meanful symbols with mom, dad and all my siblings names going down my arm, not in a straight line but in different parts of it with some sort of design around it (still looking).

I really like your symbol hofer and can see it nicely on my arm, hope you don't mind :) does anyone know any other nice looking symbols that actually mean something? I look on Google and only come across Chinese writing which doesn't interest me.

On phone so ignore any typoes

Guest TehGreekGamer

I really like japanese tattoos and especialy those kind of sleeve that stop at the elbow (easy to hide). The negative part of having a tattoo is that if you dont like you re f*ked. Do something that after 20 years you will still like it. Go somewhere that you know that he is clean and does good jobs. If you want a good tattoo dont pity the money.

Example of japanese tattoo:

Japanese-Tattoo-Sleeve.jpg

• MVP

I'm in a similar position but the issue I have is deciding based on price and pain threshold etc.

Would it be better to get something cheap, B+W and simple as a first tattoo or something more complex and colour?

• Emerald

See my mates keep saying that to me, get something small and simple first as if it's a new toy or something.. A tattoo is a massive thing, I don't want something simple looking on my body, I want something with a lot of detail (money isn't a problem, you don't need to have the whole thing done straight away). Not a silly little star or flag, that is something I'll regret.

I don't really like the coloured tattoos although there are some real nice ones, it's just not my sort of thing I don't think

Get a SDS 4 Lyfe tatto

I would prefer Brotherhood ;)

• Community Manager

As long as you get something that is meaningful and that has connections to you and yourself, you won't regret it.

There's no need to rush though, use your time and find symbols or items you'd like.