Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 06:36

Arma 2 and DayZRP issues

So, I just realized that the launcher was bugged. No problem, I go through steam, dayzrp launcher, and dayz commander just to get to the menu and several things are clear:

1. It takes 30-45 seconds to do anything in the main menu, clicking multiplayer results in me sitting there waiting

2. Refreshing the server list freezes the game for the same amount of time and it doesn't even refresh it

3. Using dayz commander I got to the server lobby at the least, but was immediately booted without error back to the main menu.

Any ideas? I haven't upgraded or changed anything at all. It was working fine 2 days ago, and I can't help but feel this might be a result of the launcher bug. It was fine when I played last.

I disabled the Dayzrp mod in the list and I'm still get the same issue. This is very strange. I've also tried restarting my computer.

• Legend

I am getting this as well. I think it might be due to Game Spy shutting down however I am not too sure.

For me if I want to change characters I have to kill the game process and re-start it in order to get back into the game.

• Diamond

1. i would suggest to either re-download the game or/and verify your game on steam. same goes with the launcher.

2. try using the remote

3. sounds like there is something wrong with your arma, not with dayzcommander.

1. i would suggest to either re-download the game or/and verify your game on steam. same goes with the launcher.

2. try using the remote

Pardon? I'm dumb.

I am getting this as well. I think it might be due to Game Spy shutting down however I am not too sure.

For me if I want to change characters I have to kill the game process and re-start it in order to get back into the game.

Wasn't the shutdown months ago though?

• Diamond

2. try using the remote

Pardon? I'm dumb.

Wasn't the shutdown months ago though?

Go to the server list but click on remote instead, type in the server IP and click on OK. I have the same problem as you describe here.

• Diamond

After verifying OA 1.62 in steam I now get the problem of bad serial given at setup.

is this when you launch on steam or via the commander?

did you buy your game via steam?

After verifying OA 1.62 in steam I now get the problem of bad serial given at setup.

is this when you launch on steam or via the commander?

did you buy your game via steam?

Yeah I bought the via steam, and the error was from dayzrp launcher to menu. I'm going to verify again, and then launch AO from steam first.

• Diamond

check out if this helps

• MVP

I am having a variation of this same problem.

I join the server through the launcher, it takes forever, and then it shows a Wait for Host screen, along with Kicked by Battleye(Not responding).

Sends me back to main screen, I then click on Multiplayer, it stays on receiving...

If I alt tab then my game does not respond.

• MVP

This is absolutely fucking maddening. BI needs to get its act together.

• Diamond

I imagine the DayzRp launcher bug was caused by BI's doing on their end...hmm

i don't use the launcher, i stopped using it since Epoch, i manually download the patch files and then launch via dayzcommander. Maybe you should do the same.

• Sapphire

Solving after speaking to OP on teamspeak, glad you got your problem solved :thumbsup: