Server time (UTC): 2021-09-23 23:23

Gristoe & Co.'s Documentary - The Days of Infection

Eminence

1406415972_87e35408_1406416003.gif

Girl-shooting-video-final-graphic.jpg

From the creators of Apocalypse: The Beginning, Jonny Gristoe brings you his new and exclusive adventure and life in the province of South Zagoria, from Berezino to Zelenogorsk he presents you with the stories, times, and lives of the people of Chernarus in the devastating times of adventure! With mind-gripping action and live footage Jonny sends you on an adventure of the mind with exclusive footage on his and his camera-man Louie's travels in South Zagoria, and Chernarus during the times of the infection, or as some now refer to it; the Apocalypse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can get involved in all this by...

- Getting in contact with us on the radio and organizing interviews!

- Acting natural during our shooting!

- Actively participating in our shoots, when we're shooting!

- Delivering breaking news and stories to our team!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC Notes:

We'll probably be uploading these video's at random times so there's no specific timing on most of them and we'll try to bring new news and stuff as much as we possibly can and will let you know if we run into any issues or absences. We'll be on as much as humanly possible but not to the point that we're on 24/7 so the best time to get in contact with me is just PM me on DayZRP forums, and if you need something and i'm on i'll probably be in one of the chat-rooms on the Teamspeak!

So we're not the best editors and are relatively new to it so excuse some of the low editing skills with it we're just getting started and hopefully will move onto more advanced things as time goes by. Let me know what you think and what we should improve on and if you liked some of the ideas and concepts from our videos! If not, also let us know because we can always do with some criticism so we can improve our videos for the viewers enjoyment!

The blue words below will take you to our videos and broadcasts when left-clicked!

Hope you enjoy! If not, let us know! Every week, two videos will be released!

Just a note, our first video is not really supposed to entice the mind or get your mind gripped haha, it's more-so just a longer introduction of our show! More enticing footage will be on its way in no time.

• Emerald

Videos are done well, Sorry about the Dysync causing me to have to leave the server during Ep 2 But enjoyable videos still, Find you two very funny and was interesting finding you two near the Barracks I was looting

Videos are done well, Sorry about the Dysync causing me to have to leave the server during Ep 2 But enjoyable videos still, Find you two very funny and was interesting finding you two near the Barracks I was looting

Haha cheers, good RP man.

• Emerald

I like this alot, keep it up! Only suggestion i might add is that the camera man maybe shouldn't be using his gun while "holding" the camera

Sorry guys, we're not very technically adept so apologies for both the 480p and some of the other stuff, we'll be following your suggestions in order to improve our videos and such! We'll be actively putting up broadcasts and will try to get some fun out of it too! Thanks for the suggestions and comments.

Are you going to be putting up the B-17 interview?

We're going to try and get a new interview with you guys because the results of that one had some bad quality moments so we'll try to run into you guys again.

• MVP

Haha, Ayton was not happy seeing another Documentary team here, as he's an independent documentary maker himself.

However, I like the way your going about this! Only thing that needs touching up is maybe cropping out the UI with editing, have your camera guy's weapon down at all times while filming, and maybe adding a logo or something to brand your shit!

Looks good though, keep it up!

Haha, Ayton was not happy seeing another Documentary team here, as he's an independent documentary maker himself.

However, I like the way your going about this! Only thing that needs touching up is maybe cropping out the UI with editing, have your camera guy's weapon down at all times while filming, and maybe adding a logo or something to brand your shit!

Looks good though, keep it up!

To be honest I watched yours and I think I liked it more than my own just because of the better editing and some of the commentary. Thing with mine is it's not so much of a depressing everything is lost feeling as its made in order to make money in the future, so Jonny wanted to show high-points and low-points of his time here, and also to make himself look like a complete prat when he pretends to be tough and all in front of the camera haha. However I liked your documentary and hope you like mine. Maybe one day we can meet IC, that'd surely be a bit awkward haha.

• Emerald

Rose hates Dillan now for hatcheting James Lucas Lol This is all IC I assume So Rose knows Dillon tried to kill one of his friends :P

Rose hates Dillan now for hatcheting James Lucas Lol This is all IC I assume So Rose knows Dillon tried to kill one of his friends :P

Haha right gotcha, well yeah Dillion had to do what Dillion had to do to survive none-the-less, however just keep in mind people can't use this documentary footage to use ICly, it's made for when the infection is -over-, not during it haha.

Guest Whazmeister

>*Complains about metagamers*

>*Metagames*

You can't take these video's IC, they're OOC media..

Not only that, if it was IC it would be powergaming because James didn't permadeath his character..

>*Metagames*

Not only that, if it was IC it would be powergaming because James didn't permadeath his character..

Haha thanks for mentioning that. But just so everybody knows this documentary is supposed to have been released whether the infection ever blew over and modern, consumerist life ever returned to the world. So if that ever happens feel free to meta-game from these videos, if the infection never ends, the documentary will never air.

• Emerald

>*Metagames*

True, I decided wasnt gonna use it anyway I already knew IC what happened to James as people who were there told me I just was hoping to use the video to give my character IC a better insight on how it exactly works

Tomorrow i'll be putting up Episode IV which includes Jonny and Louie's near death experience and getting lost in the wastelands people used to call Chanerus! More zombie-human action, but it almost leads to our deaths haha! Additionally just a warning, the camera-man will be using his weapon during the video simply because if he didn't, neither of us would have survived the whole thing. Anyway, hope you enjoy; it'll be up later today!

• Emerald

Is it just me or do we always run into eachother? Its been around 5 times now also Hope you guys got out alright when the van broke last night everyone had been lagging badly

Is it just me or do we always run into eachother? Its been around 5 times now also Hope you guys got out alright when the van broke last night everyone had been lagging badly

Haha yeah I know it's very strange how it happens, you've been in all but one of our videos so far I think haha.

Surprised you permadeathed the camrea man. You made my character think that he caused he death.

Not perma-deathed, my character just thinks he's dead haha.

Ah, good... I was hoping our characters could still remains friends.

Surprised you permadeathed the camrea man. You made my character think that he caused he death.

Not perma-deathed, my character just thinks he's dead haha.

Ah, good... I was hoping our characters could still remains friends.

Haha yeah don't worry we'll sort something out!

Hey guys, just posted up Episode IV, took a bit of work and was done in smaller segments so apologies for the one-day delay! We spent some time learning how to work with music and implemented it and will be trying to improve our editing by the use of several tutorials we discovered! If you get bored of the somewhat un-climactic beginning, feel free to skip to 13:28 where it gets interesting, and Jonny Gristoe and the team almost die while filming!

DENNIS and FRIENDS: If you have any questions as to the story after 13:28, feel free to PM me :P

Loved the newest episode guys. My only suggestion is to make the video seem like its on an actual camera and widen the view. I forgot who did that once, but he made a video of Dodge and it looked quite cool. Also, I believe the Imperial Dragons message to CTC video had some sort of camera screen.