Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 21:16

DayZRP Crafting Change

Mikachu

New or old   

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

Recently whilst finishing up 1.4.0 me and Kravok have been thinking of possible idea for the next major patch to start working on. One of these was a change to the way in which you craft in DayZRP.

Currently you right click things to remove things (attachments, tear clothes etc) and then use the DayZ crafting menu to add things (attachments, bandages etc)

What I propose today is to stop using that crafting menu and instead have everything as right click actions.

So how would it work?

Well removing actions would stay the same as they currently are but instead of going into the menu to do additive actions you would instead right click on the object you wish to craft with (the sight not the gun for example) and it would offer you various options.

An example;

You have a M4A1 Ironsight and find a PDR CCO. You would right click the PDR to remove the CCO, then right click the CCO. This would give the option of "attach to M4A1" if the m4 was in your inventory. You click on that and it then crafts it on.

I will create a small mockup later today to show you exactly how we mean IG but for now what do you think?

Do you prefer this new proposed system or do you like the current one?

• Diamond

The new one. Would make the whole crafting stuff go a lot faster I guess. I also like to right click things.

• Titanium

I like this, can't remember what the other mod I played for DayZ was but it had a similar feature. It was fast, easy and useful when adding/removing attachments.

I want this new system, just don't rush it.

• MVP

I want this new system, just don't rush it.

Don't worry bout that - this is for AFTER 1.4.0 :)

+1 for new crafting system. Unless dramaticaly changed, I dont feel it'd have much difference, but it'll be easier and faster than scrolling through your shit on the crafting table thing

• Sapphire

MUCH simpler and a lot less clunkier. +1, hope you can get it working properly xD

This new one seems better but how would we craft stuff like splints and sepsis bandages? Do you just get the things we need and right click on one of them in the inventory?

Also I got a question: Can we make tripwires in DayZ RP? I know there are four different versions of them on this one server but I don't see the recipe on craft book on our servers.

• MVP

This new one seems better but how would we craft stuff like splints and sepsis bandages? Do you just get the things we need and right click on one of them in the inventory?

Also I got a question: Can we make tripwires in DayZ RP? I know there are four different versions of them on this one server but I don't see the recipe on craft book on our servers.

You would right click either the wood or the string or such yes.

And I think in 1.3.4 you can't but in 1.4.0 you can craft the non-lethal ones

Alright thanks. Good luck with the new system, definitely better than the old one.

Alright thanks. Good luck with the new system, definitely better than the old one.

Pretty sure you can craft the non lethal ones but it's a bit hard to find the recipe. But i remeber us in Yggdrasil, placing Tincan-tripwires around old house.

About the idea... hmm... don't really care tbh ^^

Guest johnygt7

You would basicly click on something and get the options on what you can craft?

I like that idea, but how would you know what materials are required?

• Sapphire

I would prefer the right click option personally makes it quicker and simpler in my opinion

• Sapphire

I like the new crafting system (which is actually old on some servers). It is faster, simplier and easier to learn.

• Diamond

Johnys gotta point, how would we know the recipe though?

Isn't it good that people learn recipes on their own IC instead of going OOC and checking it out on some site?

• MVP

Recipes would still be in the current menu, you just wouldnt physically craft them there

Guest BoobManReub

Although the current system is fine, the issue I have is that you have to scroll down through all of the possibilities to find the one you need. So, this new system would be much nicer and more clean

• MVP

#Tamaster&Kravok4superdev!

• Sapphire

#Tamaster&Kravok4devmin!

Fixed.

I would really like to see this new crafting system implemented. In the end it would be similiar to epoch's right?

• Diamond

IF this gets approved, when do you think it will be added Tamaster?

• MVP

IF this gets approved, when do you think it will be added Tamaster?

1.4.1 so, not for another month at the very very earliest, likely longer