Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 04:34

inFAMOUS First Light

Guest Grumby

Guest Grumby

[video=youtube]

I haven't seen any threads about the inFAMOUS series at all here and when I saw this trailer recently, I saw it as even more reason to post one. It's been up for a 2 weeks now but has only caught my attention in the last few days. It's a standalone DLC for the most recent inFAMOUS game, Second Son. It's based on a character, Fetch, from the last game and tells of her origins story. It's an exciting concept as her story is tragic and interesting.

I've loved the series for years and wanted to see if there's any other followers in this community. It'd be kewl to get a discussion going so I can talk more about it without talking to myself.

• Emerald

Question: Are these games worth getting into, and buying? I played the first Infamous, and wasn't too impressed so never really bought the others :P

Let me know, and I may go buy them before this one releases!

I thought the new Infamous was fairly average, If you own a PS4, it's probably worth picking up just because there isn't many games for the PS4 at the moment and Infamous Second Son is one of the better ones currently available but other than that, it's nothing really special and it's also a extremely short campaign.

Guest Grumby

Question: Are these games worth getting into, and buying? I played the first Infamous, and wasn't too impressed so never really bought the others :P

Let me know, and I may go buy them before this one releases!

I'd say it's definitely worth investing into. Personally, the second was my favourite as it was a superior version of the first which is a great idea. I'd recommend playing them in order just so that everything makes sense but that's hardly necessary.

There's a ton of replay-ability in them, once you complete it in one karmic state (good or evil) you can go back and play it in the other, unlocking new powers, new side missions, new story lines etc. Also, in inFAMOUS there's community created missions that you can play, or create your own. And inFAMOUS Second Son has hours of free DLC called Paper Trail that's has a completely different mystery-puzzle feel to it.

• Sapphire

I played the second inFAMOUS game on my ps3 and loved it to bits.

I haven't had a chance to play any others but once I get my PS4 I'll be keen to check out Second Son and this new DLC :)