Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 13:25

My response to the denial of the SUNS.

So we were denied and archived. Here's my response.

You say the backstory wasn't deep enough. Tiddles gave a response to Admin Chris to give more detail on why Tiddles followed the word of the Sun. If this should have been featured in the OP, then that can happened just reopen.

Second. You say it's based on another video game called Dark Souls. Well what about clans like Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave? If memory serves those clans are from Fallout.

Thirdly you say we can't RP it out. These past few months we've done that. Talked to numerous clans making alliances, trading with numerous civs, RPing with players in Tradepost. We can RP. While we've waited for an answer we have RPed to our hearts content explaining why we praise the sun why we joined we've even recruited several new dedicated members.

I do hope this post is taken seriously and not just some rant. I don't know if there is anyway for staff to reconsider but I pray you do.

• Legend

I do take this seriously.

It is not only my decision and you know that. Admins and the Lore-Masters did read it and we came finally to a decision.

Unfortunately we will not approve this idea.

I can only imagine how many work you put in this idea as I never made a Clan-Idea myself, but this is how our the system works.

Terra

As much BS as getting denied is, the admins don't really reconsider. Just look at the 85th, we got denied for being another Russian clan even though we weren't even Russian. Although we thought it was wrong there really wasn't much we can do about it.

Sorry about this, you were sitting in under review for a while.

• Legend

As this is about your denied Clan idea, feel free to Pm me.

Therefore I will close this.

Edit: Oh, ok, you want a discussion, I re-open

I do take this seriously.

It is not only my decision and you know that. Admins and the Lore-Masters did read it and we came finally to a decision.

Unfortunately we will not approve this idea.

I can only imagine how many work you put in this idea as I never made a Clan-Idea myself, but this is how our the system works.

Terra

Terra please understand I'm not upset with you, you're a very nice person. I know this is a group effort. But because the thread of closed I wanted to establish a sense of closure on this and say my peace.

From all of my experiences with the Suns, I have nothing but positive things to say about them.. They have certainly roleplayed around the TP. I was quite upset when I saw their denial today. I wish the administrative team would reconsider, but as that is unlikely, I'd simply like to say that you all had a good run and I thought you did an excellent job. Thanks for the good times and good roleplay!

• Emerald

I don't know what to say.

To quote Terra

"We are sorry but this concept does not fit in. While we like something different, this is too much.

This is based on the game Dark souls. The Backstory is not really deep and we do not know how you could Rp this out.

Denied and moved to archieve"

I don't really understand. We have Roleplayed for a long time now, as the SUNS, almost every experience we had, I enjoyed very much, I had heard nothing negative about our RP. We have made friends, and made no enemies.

As for the backstory not being deep, I feel as though that benefits us more IG, as it gives more power to the member to find out what the sun truly is to them, such is the way I think religion should be, or at least this one.

I can't help but feel, if we were given a chance, even just for a week, nay, a day, we could show people how we RP, and show that this is not "Too Different" and that we know what we are doing.

I am sad to see this idea get denied, I have had good experiences with the Suns and they are good RP-ers, it is a shame to see this get denied but I'm sure you will find a solution or work around it.

• Emerald

Just because your group idea was denied I don't think that means you have to cease role playing those characters together. People like your role play and you are already used to playing together without shared KOS so why stop?

• MVP

To touch on a small point, Enclave and BoS would not be accepted under our new clan creation rules either, they were essentially "grandfathered in" due to how long they had been on the server, and were accepted when the group requirements were MUCH more forgiving.

The RP was good on the Suns part, i will DEFINITELY admit that. Also, am i sad it got denied and shelved? Yes. That, however, doesn't stop you from "Acting" as a group who worship the sun still. People like Steven Macgrath and "Tiddles" made my day. I would give them a hard time as to why in the hell they would worship the Sun and they would kindly point out very interesting points that, no matter what, my character would argue with. The Fact it was shelved doesn't make it the admins fault, much less The Suns themselves, doesn't mean you can't try try again. Though i do think the whole "It's based off a game so no go" thing is kinda unfair, seeing as though there has been countless groups based or influenced from Video games, such as Caesar's Legion, Enclave, and BoS. Then again, that was before the new Clan Requirements.

• Legend

So, McDuglas, are you ok to close this as everything else was said in Pm´s? I do not really see the need for this thread much longer.

Terra

So, McDuglas, are you ok to close this as everything else was said in Pm´s? I do not really see the need for this thread much longer.

Terra

Yes you can close it Terra thank you. I appreciate your time to talk with me.

• Legend

Everytime! ;)