Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 06:36

Anniversary Event Feedback and Recommendations

Guest ArcticStarling

Guest ArcticStarling

Here is a thread for feedback on the Anniversary event and recommendations for future events ran.

My personal feedback on the event is listed below.

The server, in my opinion the server was pretty poor. But this is understandable due to about 100 people attempting to join the server at once at the beginning of the night. But, it is still quite frustrating being in a cycle of spamming to get in, the server getting locked and the server being session lost about 4 times.

Throughout the event the server was strained with many people /danceing as well as some people throwing smoke grenades which lead to scores of people being kicked for "Ping too high". This made it hard to enjoy the event for myself, Aswell as the server crashing midway through causing scores of deaths due to cars.

The Roleplay, in my opinion the roleplay was pretty poor during the event, especially after the initial hype for the event dying and (other than the music) it becoming completely silent. It is hard for me currently as I am not sure if this was an IC or OOC event so I will not comment further until confirmation of either.

My Personal Recommendations for the future is stick to the 60 slots for the server, sure there is less people but it means that the server is not as affected by the huge amounts of people inserting '/dance' and other commands.

Another is to have the possible announcement much closer to the event start due to the dead moments after about an hour.

I will put here, this thread is not for picking apart my personal feedback or recommendations. It is for giving honest feedback and recommendations for the staff in the future.

Can smoke grenades make ping high? :P

I didn't actually go, but from recent events, I knew about the desync etc. etc. and what it would be like.

Maybe next time have two servers with staff on both?

• MVP

The start was entirely my fault sorry. I fucked up and forgot to delete something from the mission file that was needed. Because of this we spent a while trying to fix a broken server until I noticed.

You have my sincerest apologies and deepest regrets.

Other than that I can only go by what I watched but some the RP seemed fun and it looked like people mostly enjoyed themselves, IMO this was a celebration not a event which needed to go perfect :)

• Emerald

Didn't enjoy it at all, genuinely found it really boring and I personally found most of the RP to be piss poor and unenjoyable. However, I recognise this as an event to celebrate the life of the community rather than one to be endorsing good roleplay so I'm not that bothered. Hopefully everyone had a good time.

Music choices made no RP sense, guessing this was an OOC celebration as a result...

• Titanium

I enjoyed it.Had nice roleplay with Chernov and it was fun looking drunk people.And ofcourse, CLF propaganda was huuuge.Also thanks to Gina for filling up my Whiskey glass all the time :D.

• Diamond

The RP was hilarious. you just got to walk around and find it.

I myself was drunk on a bottle of Boom Booms vodka.

It was pretty hard to get in but as Tamaster explained it was a mistake, a mistake that was fixed. After it was fixed the server was very stable.

He start was entirely my fault sorry. I fucked up and forgot to delete something from the mission file that was needed. Because of this we spent a while trying to fix a broken server until I noticed.

Other than that I can only go by what I watched but some the RP seemed fun and it looked like people mostly enjoyed themselves, IMO this was a celebration not a event which needed to go perfect :)

I think we can rightfully start a new era of #Blame___ with #BlameTamaster :D

On topic, I personaly didnt attend as getting drunk IRL is more fun, but staff like desync etc are always expected in events like these! Dunno about the RP tho, but I feel it was more of an OOC celebration.

• Sapphire

I enjoyed (atleast the shooting competition :D). I would like to see more of these kind of "competitions" where there actually is a price (some clans could compete maybe)

Anyway, good event anyway, great job!

• Emerald

Enjoyed winning the shooting event, didn't think I was going to win it, also enjoyed meeting new characters.

• Emerald

No James Blunt 0/10

No but in all seriousness the event was okay, RP wise it wasn't too great but I had fun dancing and listening to the music

I consider this to be more of an OOC event for anything, something where people could without being too serious. It was fun, relaxed and easy going. I loved the setup outside of the TP, and Gina and Terra were hard to miss. Thanks to you two for tending to the hungry and thirsty - not to mention sick - hordes of people. Doubt I'd have the patience to do that.

Sadly there were some server issues, but I won't let that affect my experience. I enjoyed it.

Apache raffle for 3rd anniversary? Rolle PLS! <3

• MVP

I had a wonderful time! I get why everyone is considering this as an OOC event, but to me it felt exactly like a real life party would go!

I could hardly hear anything over the music and drunk people - Feels like every party I've ever been too.

Dancing - Ditto.

Copious amounts of Beer - Ditto.

For me, I enjoyed the IC experience. The CTC did a great job of keeping everyone entertained, and I felt everyone tried amazingly hard to keep IC and roleplaying.

I will admit, the music choices were a little odd (Except for the Chernarus themed parody songs, they fit right in), but it all felt pretty real to me. It would make sense that after 2 years, the people would want to celebrate something in their lives, and survival is a good thing to toast to!

• Emerald

Sorry for the lighting issues, did not know this was to be set at night... would have had lights and fires set up pre-hand had I known :D

Hope everyone liked the shooting range and the rest of the impromptu party camp!

I swear I just loved it, it really gave a warm feeling.

The party was great, the music as well, but most of all: the kind ladies at the bar! Thank you very much for serving us beers ;) You two did a great job, just like every other ctc that were hosting this party.

I really liked the sniper contest, it was really fun and set up at a great location as well. Kudos to the ctc members who were at the shooting range and the nice fellow who set up the range! Also thankyou rolle trying to light up the area of the targets ;).

Well what can I say, I am just really happy I could attend this awesome anneversary party. I am most definitely looking forward to morw of these small festivities or something like the snipwr contest because that was reaally well done!

I just love this community

• Legend

To be honest, I´m pretty pissed off.

People took they time to create something for the community. I couldnt help to create as I was working in Rl but I rushed home so I can be there for the start.

People like Tamaster, Rolle and Moxy (who had 4hours to come up with something, like the party area and the shooting-range) and everyone else who was in involved to make this EVEN HAPPEN, spend a lot of time to do something for others and it seems people just can´t enjoy it.

Of course the beginning was bad but Tamaster already apologised and I think things like this can happen. In the end the result is what counts, but it seems it was not good enough.

I enjoyed it. The people I interacted with were nice and the atmosphere was chill and like a party. But of course there will be always at least one who knows everything better and could have done everything it better.

I ask myself if we should do something like this in future at all again...

That are just my 2 cents.

To be honest, I´m pretty pissed off.

People took they time to create something for the community. I couldnt help to create as I was working in Rl but I rushed home so I can be there for the start.

People like Tamaster, Rolle and Moxy (who had 4hours to come up with something, like the party area and the shooting-range) and everyone else who was in involved to make this EVEN HAPPEN, spend a lot of time to do something for others and it seems people just can´t enjoy it.

Of course the beginning was bad but Tamaster already apologised and I think things like this can happen. In the end the result is what counts, but it seems it was not good enough.

I enjoyed it. The people I interacted with were nice and the atmosphere was chill and like a party. But of course there will be always at least one who knows everything better and could have done everything it better.

I ask myself if we should do something like this in future at all...

That are just my 2 cents.

That's how I feel too. People did hard work and then the feedback given is all harsh and saying that it was shit. I had a great time at the party being drunk and hoarding beers and secretly staring at the pretty bartenders ;)

• MVP

As a pure OOC event designed to just bring in a different experience and promote fun it succeeded in its aims. :)

Tam already mentioned the issues at start, which were unfortunate, and many people fought through the issues to get involved and attend. Well done those people and I'm sure everyone appreciates you having the passion to keep going through the issues. If others did not then it is no fault to them, just unfortunate.

Admittedly it wasn't the best of starts but they did everything they could to fix the issue and for that they deserve an applause. Of course there is plenty to learn for the future also.

I was there for a period and saw people enjoying themselves and taking part. If anything people should have embraced the event and gotten more involved. Interaction should be done within the players themselves. All the staff did was create a scenario for others to use to create the role play and its not entirely fair to criticize them for the attendees short-comings.

While it wasn't my cup of tea, I can still see that it achieved what it was meant to do and they also learned some lessons from it.

Guest Likurja

I tried to join for 45 minutes again and again then when I had enough I just left it be.

Im really disappointed that the time I wanted to spend there went away with the server problems.

• MVP

I tried to join for 45 minutes again and again then when I had enough I just left it be.

Im really disappointed that the time I wanted to spend there went away with the server problems.

Guest johnygt7

Apart from the server issues i enjoyed the event.

Did not RP that much as i was busy IRL, but as an observer i gotta say that the idea was great and the event was amazing! (happy bday dayZRP :) )

However the Dsycn issues should get prioritized over the new patch and everything and get fixed as soon as possible, because when the server is full it is not playable.

• Emerald

Honestly, I enjoyed the party and wound up RPing with Tiddles and Stitches for most of the night. I actually got some decent RP out of the event. Of course there was a few issues at the start but the fun and laughs I had at the event made up for it and even went further and leading me to mostly forget about the server side issues. The only possible thing I can recommend is giving all the wonderful staff a big shiny medal or something. The event was a success, and I'm sure many people would agree.

Thanks to all the staff for doing this, it was very enjoyable for me. And congratulations to who won the helicopter (you know who you are).

• MVP

Again, after Terra's post, I want to reinforce that I and many others who I spoke to had a great night!

I was actually terrified I wasn't going to be able to join, my RL friends were over and they let me cut them loose for the last hour, just so I could try and play with you guys!

Seriously though, Tamaster made his apologies, but I don't see the need for an apology really. It was an honest mistake, and it's not as if the whole event suffered, the only thing it did was clear up the server so people who hadn't attended could try and join.

AND I also enjoyed the RP I was getting out of it. People were very open, and FUCK SORRY if the "hardcore" RPers didn't feel that drunken RP/ and scheduled fun events are inappropriate, but I believe it was handled beautifully.

The CTC were believable, almost none of them were getting 'drunk' and they were all extremely friendly.

I feel every once in a while, people need a break, and this is what a break is. Even if you wanted more in-depth RP, you could have easily left TP or gone inside, where many people were sitting around campfires!

As SumoS said, all the staff did was create the scenario, what happened it than was purely up to the players, and regardless of any slight OOC sillies, I think everyone did a great job of keeping it IC and enjoyable.

Geesh, some people really can't have nice things.. eh?