Server time (UTC): 2021-09-18 13:47

Blood, Bullets and Politics
TODAY | 2021-09-18 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 6 hours, 12 minutes

Adding a password on the servers

Should we have passworded servers?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This happens to me way too many times so I decided to discuss it with you all. I don't know if it will stop this since some people might try their luck but I was thinking adding a random password to both S1 & S2.

example: roleplayoverruleplay

Reason I'm suggesting this is to stop these type of messages from spamming and showing up:

Player Kreig GUID 123456789. Admin kick. Not whitelisted! go to DayZRP.com

My thought: When someone whitelists they get a private message telling them the password. Personally whenever this pops up especially in an RP situation it just completely wrecks the immersion for me.

No. People would give the password out.

Basically that.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

++People would also then not be told they have to whitelist and the website name, it gets us more players too.

That's always possible, yes.

Basically that.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

++People would also then not be told they have to whitelist and the website name, it gets us more players too.

That's a very good point. I guess the messages can be dealt with if it means more players will get to know the community. Requesting this to be closed please.

• MVP

The whitelist does its job, no need for a password.

As Burgz said why fix something that isn't broken.

I understand it can be an 'irritation' but I don't think it breaks immersion. If that was the case all the messages would for example 'losing connection', 'kicked for being idle in lobby' etc. Its not possible to get rid of all of them. Its just a part of the game.

in an RP situation it just completely wrecks the immersion for me.

Bear in mind it's A game .... We can't be fully immersed all the time and these messages are part of the game.

My opinion just deal with it

• Community Manager

I will just close this as I don't see this being implemented.