Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 21:27

Radio Chatter opinion - feel free to share

Cid

• MVP

I really like the new Radio Chatter forum we got, but I feel that people use it completely in the wrong way. It seems like people use it just as a normal IC chatter kind of place, when in reality you probably don't spend all day flipping frequencies and seeing if anyone is going to respond to them. The CLF open frequency thread is probably the closest to what I would expect to be a correct open frequency thread.

Of course, we can't actually manage and go over every person who may or may not have someone's frequency to tune into. I'd just like to see more meaningful IC's posts rather than see a bunch of pointless IC banter into someone's radio frequency that you probably have never tuned in to.

Feel free to share your opinion's on the forum.

• Titanium

I feel people should only ever use someone else's radio frequency when they get it through in-game encounters and are told to get in contact with them via it for whatever reason. Right now, I think people are just interrupting some good text RP within clans just to get a response from someone they've never met IC but are fans of OOC.

It has a lot of potential for great things to happen, I'm sure the administrators are keeping a careful eye on it. Like any new thing added to the community, new rules, limits, and things will be put on it to keep it steady and on the right way.

It can be confirmed that it can be used for things other then just standard radio chatter:

-Announcing roadblock locations

-Announcing trade opportunities IE: "At trade post, have AK, will give for ____, will be here the next 30 minutes before heading out, look for a man in a black cap".

-Announcing S.O.S. scenario's that may or may not be traps: "I'm on a warehouse in cherno surrounded by zeds, help!"

Each opportunity leaves room for both good people to show up, and bandits/robbers to take advantage of the situation.

Its a good idea and all, but I won't find any need for it. Seems to work better for clan relationships and not civilian ones, if a civ channel was added I might use it but atm not really

Guest whitepointer

I really like the idea, I personally don't mind others just discussing/talking on their frequency. I just hope people act with some professionalism and take it serious.

So far all seems well.

• VIP

Its a good idea and all, but I won't find any need for it. Seems to work better for clan relationships and not civilian ones, if a civ channel was added I might use it but atm not really

Create a new frequency yourself and use it as a civilian one.

One thing I dislike is the fact that you have to speak as the character you are currently playing. I switch between characters a lot so it's only creating more hassle. People can easily bypass it anyway by just logging on once, making their name change and then they're good.

What's the problem with it anyway?

Guest Likurja

So you're basiclly saying we should not use the OPEN frequencies to talk with people instead lets have a thread where a clan internally RPs?

If I want to have stuff which I don't want to share with people then I will use a secured frequency to talk to my people.

Open frequency should be used to reach people without a problem and share info with everyone. NV-R will use that thread to announce the mini events we will be hosting.

• MVP

So you're basiclly saying we should not use the OPEN frequencies to talk with people instead lets have a thread where a clan internally RPs?

If I want to have stuff which I don't want to share with people then I will use a secured frequency to talk to my people.

Open frequency should be used to reach people without a problem and share info with everyone. NV-R will use that thread to announce the mini events we will be hosting.

Perhaps do it in your group forums. Otherwise the thread that everyone can see is effectively an open comms channel.

Guest Likurja

Perhaps do it in your group forums. Otherwise the thread that everyone can see is effectively an open comms channel.

Yes thats what I meant by secured frequency.

One thing I dislike is the fact that you have to speak as the character you are currently playing. I switch between characters a lot so it's only creating more hassle. People can easily bypass it anyway by just logging on once, making their name change and then they're good.

What's the problem with it anyway?

I agree, cause If you play a day later on your alt then you name changes on the forums. Then someone reads the thread and sees a different name. If you just say who you are in the radio message it should be fine.

• MVP

My point is just because the frequency is open doesn't mean that everybody and their mother has the actual frequency to use, and I don't think everybody spends their day switching frequencies in order to find something new that they can use.

My point is just because the frequency is open doesn't mean that everybody and their mother has the actual frequency to use, and I don't think everybody spends their day switching frequencies in order to find something new that they can use.

At the end of the day, it's their to be used. If people want to *fiddle with their radio* all day and post on every single frequency, that's fine. You use an open frequency, you're susceptible to other people piping up.

If you limit it in the way you speak it just wouldn't work because there would always be that guy that can't post because someone else already has and therefore it looks silly that two random people both happened to be finding the frequency at the same time. If you get me? xD