Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:18

Repeat Offenders

• Sapphire

So I have returned for more DayZRP after a couple of months break. I know others have previously done the same, I have a question for those who have.

Did you find it difficult getting back into the swing of things after your leave of absence?

• MVP

I haven't exactly taken an extended break from DayZRP since I became REALLY active. I remember you though, and things were certainly different from when you were active and now. New groups have arrived while old groups you may have once known don't even exist anymore, the trade post is back (if I remember correctly, you weren't active for the opening or even the announcement), the map has slightly changed, etc.

Just roleplay what you feel comfortable while you get back into the swing of everything. Once you feel back at home branch out into something that takes more effort unless you are actually comfortable with your character. Take things slow and try to get information on most of the changes IC and OOC. There are a bunch of things you could do to help you get back into the swing of things.

• Emerald

So I have returned for more DayZRP after a couple of months break. I know others have previously done the same, I have a question for those who have.

Did you find it difficult getting back into the swing of things after your leave of absence?

I took about 6 months off and came back earlier this year. I thought it was cool all the new features and staff and such. I jumped back into a clan with Reacher so I felt much at home again and soon realized how little the community and game had changed.

I guess initially I had a hard time RP'ing; especially my Chernarussian character, just couldn't get into the voice any more so I switched back to one with my normal voice. Seemed to have a little less patience with things, (Killed a guy the first 5 minutes of me coming back online because he just stood there asking for my ID - it was legit) So with things like that I just didn't have as much patience for.

Overall I just kind of fell back into it, but just not as much as I first did.

I left for 6 months or more and came back recently due to pms and emails begging me to return.... I did, and feel like all the people that wanted me back have now quit and I sit and wonder why I'm still here. There's a few people that make it worth while... I really enjoy good guys like sweet Joe, and such... I like hanging around and discussing stuff but the rp for me has gone down... I don't run into people as often and I feel lost sometimes amongst people I don't know. I kind of got what I wanted though from my break, and that is to have me and my character nearly completely forgotten by the masses.

• Emerald

well I have had some hiccups with my roleplaying, but i guess I was a bit rusty but it wasn't something major. And I don't think our community as a whole have developed any further, but there is individuals here that have some excellent roleplaying going for them

• VIP

I left for 6 months or more and came back recently due to pms and emails begging me to return.... I did, and feel like all the people that wanted me back have now quit and I sit and wonder why I'm still here. There's a few people that make it worth while... I really enjoy good guys like sweet Joe, and such... I like hanging around and discussing stuff but the rp for me has gone down... I don't run into people as often and I feel lost sometimes amongst people I don't know. I kind of got what I wanted though from my break, and that is to have me and my character nearly completely forgotten by the masses.

I actually left around the same time you did, and came back due to pm's myself... lol

Early on, it felt very weird to play a character I was completely unfamiliar with. However, now that I've had the chance to break a few legs and accidently blow my buddy up with a grenade... it feels much like old times...

Glad to see you are back as well, we never did get a chance to talk IC other than a small meeting at the coast that was cut short. I don't hunt people down to roleplay with them, more of a "let it happen if/when it happens" type. Still hoping to someday get a chance for a good random encounter with ya!

I actually left around the same time you did, and came back due to pm's myself... lol

Early on, it felt very weird to play a character I was completely unfamiliar with. However, now that I've had the chance to break a few legs and accidently blow my buddy up with a grenade... it feels much like old times...

Glad to have brought back nostalgia...

• Sapphire

I left when the whole epoch sever idea came into action. I then came back in March and I have to say at first it felt weird to rp again but I quickly got the hang of it and then I had no issues.

• Sapphire

It's all coming back to me. It's just that DayzRP is so unlike any other game I casually play, it takes a lot of personal investment and effort.

I may just get my mojo back.

Oh yes.. after the whole SKA ban I was absent for over 7 months, came back for two weeks, didn't enjoy it as much, doubt I will ever be back on dayzrp.

Atleast the mod.

That's too bad, I enjoyed your character.

DayzRP is just another way to play Dayz. And just like any other game, if you leave it for awhile, you are certain to forget and or have trouble getting back in character. It mostly depends how long you are gone. Then again, if you are leaving for a few months, try to come back with something new! I am not saying you have to. But it would be a good idea. Just incase if you got sick of your character!