Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 07:05

Rough Times at TP.

McDugals

This video is of an unfortunate incident at Trade Post.

The reason I'm not reporting this is because I believe CTC had taken care of it.I'd also like to know what you all think of the situation. IC I felt this man should not have been shot since it looked like he was putting down his weapon. OOC I found his RP to be obnoxious and unnecessary so I was happy to see him disposed of.

If staff believes I should make a report PM me or let me know below.

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XiOJRyMMSU&list=UU7ZQ576x57lcHIoxIZyqo4w

Mobile:

// Edited OP with a mobile link for everyone to be able to see the view.

- GingerHippo

Guest ArcticStarling

This is pretty terrible RP, even people going OOC saying //Permaban. It is like people think that the normal RP standard does not apply in the tradepost.

How was the CTC guard supposed to know he was going to drop his gun, when he pointed it directly at him???? I think that is a valid question.

The CTC did what was necessary in his eyes. He presented himself as hostile, didn't respond turned and faced [pointed his gun]...result. :S

• Emerald

Mobile link?

• Sapphire

Mobile link?

• Emerald

I think the CTC guard did everything right in that whole sitaution the guy who was being told to drop his weapons rp was completely awfull and why would you turn around and point your gun at a guard just as you are told to drop it of course your first reaction will be shoot them.

• Legend

The person who was shot had been banned from TP. He was repeatedly stepping out of line. Calling CTC guards "Faggots" etc.

He was told to back off and then he stood outside playing terrible quality music. He was shouted at to turn the music off at which point he did not so a warning shot was fired into the barrel next to him. He then stopped playing the music. Called CTC "Faggots" again. He was then initiated on and he raised his weapon at the CTC guard so he was shot.

IC I felt this man should not have been shot since it looked like he was putting down his weapon.

When he was killed, he was lucky to be alive prior to that. He was shot multiple times whilst he was unconscious but the rounds had glitched and were not hitting him.

Guest Candymachine

I've played with this guy before.... Before that all happened he ran through the entrance without showing any ID when the CTC asked for it. The CTC followed him into the trader and he still refused to show any ID and he stole from a car in TP. CTC asked him to leave and after using profanity he left CTC said if he comes back within the TP they will kill him since he has been kicked out.

• Sapphire

I've played with this guy before.... Before that all happened he ran through the entrance without showing any ID when the CTC asked for it. The CTC followed him into the trader and he still refused to show any ID and he stole from a car in TP. CTC asked him to leave and after using profanity he left CTC said if he comes back within the TP they will kill him since he has been kicked out.

They didn't kill him for returning, they killed him for inappropriate behavior, name calling and raising his weapon at the CTC guards after being told to drop his own

Guest Candymachine

They didn't kill him for returning, they killed him for inappropriate behavior, name calling and raising his weapon at the CTC guards after being told to drop his own

I see well he had it coming. I think that is the last time i would want to RP with him.

Guest Candymachine

From what everyone has said I think the best solution would be to permaban, but that's just my opinion.

plus 1 to that i agree.

And thats why we remove tp.

Its not 100% TP fault. This stuff happened at Prud lake too.

There, you can rob/kill people like that, but in TP if someone is trolling and there is no CTC on what do you do? Nothing, because you can't do anything.

• Legend

There, you can rob/kill people like that, but in TP if someone is trolling and there is no CTC on what do you do? Nothing, because you can't do anything.

Inform Staff.

You make a good point. For a solution I think it'd be best if staff hosts interviews on ts or careful of choose people to be CTC guards. Possibly people that have been a part of the community for A WHILE, like a year.

Inform Staff.

What if staff ain't there in ts. Even if the guy is reported later the present situation would have to stay bad as it is. I think most people prefer to deal with the situation there on the spot rather than dealing with it in the report thread.

• Emerald

You make a good point. For a solution I think it'd be best if staff hosts interviews or is very careful of choosing people to be CTC guards. Possibly people that have been a part of the community for A WHILE, like a year.

We do this already... Only Staff can be CTC guards.

• Emerald

The CTC did nothing wrong here. Trolls are trolls and they gave out a 'manual character reset' and I just handed him a ban for trolling. Problem solved. Next time will be more harsh.

You make a good point. For a solution I think it'd be best if staff hosts interviews or is very careful of choosing people to be CTC guards. Possibly people that have been a part of the community for A WHILE, like a year.

But that's the thing. Staff is very busy dealing with other matters and TP is left in the hands of survivors. While most people in TP know right from wrong there some situations which needs involvement by CTC guards but CTC isn't there. In my opinion it would be best if you guys choose VERY carefully on who you want to be guards aswell. This would mean CTC will be there a lot to control the situations and RP wise it would make sense. TP is run by CTC and 80% of the time when I'm there, all the CTC guards are "sleeping" If staff decides to choose people to be guards I'm 100% sure you guys will choose people that are fit for the job.

• Sapphire

But that's the thing. Staff is very busy dealing with other matters and TP is left in the hands of survivors. While most people in TP know right from wrong there some situations which needs involvement by CTC guards but CTC isn't there. In my opinion it would be best if you guys choose VERY carefully on who you want to be guards aswell. This would mean CTC will be there a lot to control the situations and RP wise it would make sense. TP is run by CTC and 80% of the time when I'm there, all the CTC guards are "sleeping" If staff decides to choose people to be guards I'm 100% sure you guys will choose people that are fit for the job.

Like Toorrik said only staff can be CTC guards.

And there has been a lot more CTC activity lately, we can't be on as CTC 24 hours a day, but there should usually be at least 1 online most of the time due to different timezones in staff.

The CTC did nothing wrong here. Trolls are trolls and they gave out a 'manual character reset' and I just handed him a ban for trolling. Problem solved. Next time will be more harsh.

I'm guessing you didnt know about this until now?