Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 14:15

Camps

Guest Pherion

Guest Pherion

I'm probably gonna ask a stupid question. But how do you find camps?

Because I think we're being stalked... It doesn't matter where we place the tents or cars, they will disappear in a day or two because someone finds the camp and takes everything. The latest one, was our yellow UAZ with most of all our gear. Stayed there for 1 day, but the second day it was gone. And this is about our 6th time on trying to build something safe...

And we have never ever found a camp. Either their underground or in the clouds. I don't know where everyone stores their vehicles or their tents but probably in a place which isn't natural.

We're just trying to understand the "logic" behind us loosing camps one after another and we have never found one camp!

Guest Pherion

Me and my friend practically only play in first person view. probably why we can't see anything. And the helis could explain that. But damn. Every time? Our bases don't last longer then a week at best.

Heh, I've never had one last a week. Trick is to fill them with things so much that no one can walk off with everything that is there. But some people, as soon as the get a heli, fly it around looking for camps to raid. An unfortunate state of affairs, but one that can't be remedied while people have drone 3rd person cameras with 360 vision following them around.

Btw, what are the red circles for? We went there and there is nothing there. Completely empty. What are those things?

They are player controlled bases a.k.a free KoS zones.

• MVP

With 612 Alive players 29 of which are Bandits give or take a few Hero skin'd bandits there is no "safe" camp on the map. It is possible you have walked past half a dozen well hidden in trees or in gullies tents but most people don't have the traditional big camps with a dozen tents. Its and issue of so many people in one spot that makes it hard, and if you look hard you'll find tents everywhere.

• MVP

Perhaps a rule saying that you could not steal from bases/camps would solve everything. To me it would. Would love to see a server like that.

That would not be good at all. You need to have the risk involved otherwise people would hoard their gear. This would eliminate the need to gear yourself up again and make it a constant cycle of running to your tent when you spawn.

It is a harsh reality and when your gear is gone. It should be gone. Clans need to be able to handicap competitors and attack bases to gain loot.

Guest Pherion

That would not be good at all. You need to have the risk involved otherwise people would hoard their gear. This would eliminate the need to gear yourself up again and make it a constant cycle of running to your tent when you spawn.

It is a harsh reality and when your gear is gone. It should be gone. Clans need to be able to handicap competitors and attack bases to gain loot.

Well, there is a reason why I enjoy PVE servers, and my most fun experience in dayz was when I hosted my own server for a small number of people.

I just play on DayzRP once in a while because I find it pointless to work hard for things which you're going to loose in the next day. Because some guy found your base and took all of the vehicles and stuff. Or simply robbed on the street of everything and make you roll on the floor like a bloody idiot. Too much frustration, hence why I just play here once in a while.

However, that rule would make it more enjoyable in my opinion.

Id suggest a donation type safe camp.... but that brings the play to win aspect.... the community would never ever go "oh wow you wworked really hard for 10 hours gathering all this gear and this car? oh dont worry we wont take it bro." its more like "u guise got de good stuf? we explode wut e cnt curry. s fak u dolan gib e ur bkpek."

Guest Pherion

This server follows "The Way Of The AKM" Basically survive as long as possible running all over the place with an akm or any other type of ak until your found by bandits which you either die or lose everything and reboot...

That's my dayzRP experience anyway. If you do happen to get a car or a better weapon you're doomed. Your priority target for bandits or simply, one day you will come online and find nothing of your things there.

I find that it sometimes looks like a comedy show due to the insane amount of bad luck we can get it in 1 day.

A week for a camp is not bad really, My tents have, at best been there fro a couple of days before found. My cars/bikes etc have always been gone on my next login.

I do know that some of the clans do spend time just driving round the most obvious locations for camps, eg.

Middle of wooded areas

edges of the map

as I have met a few and been robbed or when in luck given a lift to nr where i asked and then robbed :)

I never pitch a tent for anything except roleplay now.

Yep, my tent lasted 2 days. I was pretty bummed, but c'est la vie. When it all comes down to it whats the point of any game? Having a bunch of stuff is good for what, shooting at an infinite amount of zombies? Its not really that hard to survive when it comes down to it.

I've basically abandoned the idea of having a stockpile or car. I think the end game for long term enjoyment of dayz has to be like a buddhist detachment from possessions. For me at least, I need to keep in mind that basically everything I own isn't long for this world ;)

Yep, my tent lasted 2 days. I was pretty bummed, but c'est la vie. When it all comes down to it whats the point of any game? Having a bunch of stuff is good for what, shooting at an infinite amount of zombies? Its not really that hard to survive when it comes down to it.

I've basically abandoned the idea of having a stockpile or car. I think the end game for long term enjoyment of dayz has to be like a buddhist detachment from possessions. For me at least, I need to keep in mind that basically everything I own isn't long for this world ;)

This and for me, the gearing up is the enjoyable part, not the high value gear I'd have.

• Legend

You, sir, have just won DayZ.

I consider the playing of DayZ an extension of my daily Buddhist practice.

• MVP

There is already the rule enforcing that you can defend your camp with no warning given so if you wish to keep your tent then guard it. Obviously this is difficult for a lone wolf or small group to do but if you wished to play the 'Role-Play' card then let me explain.

IF you are not on the server you could say that your character is no longer able to influence anything on it. People would be able to sneak into your camp and take/destroy your hard earned work. When you log in, you would be returning to your camp and then able to enforce your own role.

Don't expect that you can keep anything in Day Z, especially tents or vehicles.

First rule of DayZ "Don't get attached to your gear. You will lose it. It is just a matter of when and how".

Second rule "You will die"

Why should this server be any different? It is just a matter of what story you created and how it all came about. That is why DayZ is such an engrossing experience. It is the stories you are involved in that make us keeping back to play, not the gear. That is merely helping you on your journey.

Do not introduce a pay2win camp 'insurance policy' as this is difficult to enforce and completely against what Day Z stands for.

I know how you feel Pherion. My group and I have hidden our tents and vehicles in some locations, where to find them, you would think they would need a hack. At the same time we have also had a helicopter for an evening and after flying around looking for tents and vehicles for roughly 4 to 6 hours we found none. It can get quite frustrating. Also one other time we kidnapped a fresh SDS spawn and drove him around as our captive, always changing routes yet his clan managed to get ahead of us and snipe us from our vehicle, even as I said we continued to change our route.