Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 12:53

How to play music through Mic?

Karichii

• Sapphire

I was wondering how to get music to play through the mic so clearly, to use as a radio or something, is there a plugin? please tell me how you do this as i have never figured this out

• Emerald

You can use something called virtual audio cable I think. Not sure how it works though but I'm pretty sure ut is that software. Look on YouTube to see a way to find out how.

Guest Grumby

You have to buy a program called MorphVox Pro. It allows you to play music through your mic and works as a voice changer. There are probably a few tutorials on YouTube. I'll have a look for a good one and leave it here.

• Sapphire

Ok thanks for the help

• Sapphire

Usually I would suggest not doing this, a lot of people find it annoying when they're roleplaying, IF you do decide to play music try not to do it in populated areas like TP, do it if you're with people you know and keep it the volume on a respectable level so it doesn't disturb others, oh and an extra thing, don't go around playing what does the fox say and trolly songs like that. ;) Sadly I can't help you with how to actually install it so I'll let some others do that instead good luck.

Ok thanks for the help

Is there anything else you need or did you get the info you needed? :)

• Community Manager

As Husky pointed out it is not recommended to do this.

If you wanna do it, do it in style. Buy a guitar ;)

• Sapphire

Ok, i meant it in a way, if i was on a walk or something, and i found an old cassette player and played music from that, to brighten the mood or pass the time with the people im role playing with

But thanks for the advice anyway

• Sapphire

On that note I will mark this as /solved

Solution:

You have to buy a program called MorphVox Pro. It allows you to play music through your mic and works as a voice changer. There are probably a few tutorials on YouTube. I'll have a look for a good one and leave it here.

• Emerald

- Install MorphVox. (Yes, you can pirate it. This is on your own risk.)

- Make a custom sound effect pack.

- Add your songs.

- Keybind them if you want. (So you don't have to ALT-TAB)

- Change your MorhpVox (Screaming Bee) Microphone to default in your Windows recording devices.

- Play your songs.

- Make sure you have no voice changer on so you can talk normally with the program.

- Profit???

You've been warned by Husky and Hofer, be careful. Oh and you're probably better off testing it on skype fist.

If I ever do this I do in teamspeak to be a cunt. Anyways, I take my volume up REALLY high on my headphones and take my mic near it. That's the easy way to do it if you have powerful headphones.

Be sure not to do it ingame :)

• Emerald

Back in Unnamed, we would always listen to a walkman with speakers while walking across Chernarus (as we never ran/sprinted long distances). The way I did it is that I put the music on my tablet/phone and played it from there; it sounded a little more distorted, as if from an old music player, and gave great atmosphere.

• Sapphire

It does, thanks alot for the help :)