Server time (UTC): 2021-09-18 14:01

Blood, Bullets and Politics
TODAY | 2021-09-18 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 5 hours, 58 minutes

Question about PID, and GUID

Guest Vittoria

Guest Vittoria

Since the new ArmA patch ive noticed that the PID, and GUID become subsequently longer than what it used to be. When i was going to play DayZRP, i put my game back to the older version through steam (1.62)

I noticed that it returned to my old GUID, and PID, and they became shorter. Im not really having any problems with this, just wondering why this happens, and what happens if someone uses the new GUID when white listing, would it cause problems since you have to downgrade to play?

Guest Grumby

Updates on anti-hack or something of the likes, I believe.

Going from recent troubleshooting threads, they don't fit anyways so there's not much of a problem.

• Sapphire

1.63 is basically the Steam version. Because GameSpy shut down, everything migrated to Steam. That's why, at least I think. :)

• Emerald

1.63 is basically the Steam version. Because GameSpy shut down, everything migrated to Steam. That's why, at least I think. :)

You're correct.

Use your 1.62 GUID and PID for DayZRP right now. The new patch that will be coming out :soon: will be using 1.63. This means we're all going to have to change our PID and GUID somehow. (Or there is an automatic system I do not know about)

NOTE: You won't be able to play if you have whitelisted with the 1.63 GUID and PID.

Solved?

• VIP

Your GUID changed with 1.63 as they changed the process in which it is calculated. Your GUID will be the same across all Bohemia games on steam, such as Arma 3, DayZ Standalone and Arma 2. BattleEye have also made it so any new 1.62 GUID that was banned, and is the same game as a persons 1.63 will continue to stay globally banned.

Your new PID in 1.63 is actually your Steam ID, as GameSpy (The server list provider) has shutdown, and has now been moved to steam works.

The new GUID and PID are more secure, and can't be spoofed like they used to be able to.

With 1.4 patch, everyone who is whitelisted is going to need to update their GUID and PID, there will be an announcement closer to the patch about how this will be done.

• MVP

Marking as solved, hopefully they greenlight the mod so we can implement the patch soon! :D

• VIP

Marking as solved, hopefully they greenlight the mod so we can implement the patch soon! :D

It's green-lit, the mod dev team are finalising and testing the latest build. We only have 1 person in the team that has access to the public hive. He's been flat out working and hasn't had time yet to organise it.

He's off for 2 weeks starting this weekend, and we're hoping to get the build finalised and uploaded this weekend. No promises though.

• MVP

Cool beans! :D