Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:35

You should Spot me soon

• Emerald

OOC: Hi! I'm Spotter.

I'm very excited to hop into the server and provide some interesting experiences or elements to the server. I'll try to be washing up on shore as much in character as possible.

IC: I'm a former member of the Russian FSB Coast Guard, confused and washed ashore after the Mil-Mi8 my crew was in crashed because the copilot passed out (without a heart rate, strangely enough), then woke up attacking us. He was hysterical and screaming at us without using a word. I think he may have even tried to bite the pilot..

My first plan is to follow the roads to a town. Surely I can hitch a ride to one of the major cities, and make contact with my CO.

Why is everyone standing outside?...

• Emerald

Hero Russians? Won't be expecting that! (You know who I'm talking about)

Are you talking about shosho? Whether you did or not, that's actually a subject that gets me really frustrated.

Since DayZ was released, so many players aim to help others. Since the first day I played I told myself killing is pointless, easy, and not very honorable. It's what would lead to the human race's demise in such a scenario. It only made sense to play the hero role, even before the hero role was a canon thing.

Then two YouTubers (FrankieonPCin1080p and shosho) decide to play that role, and suddenly anybody who tries to play hero or hunt bandits because they hate what the bandits are doing to the game they love are dismissed as silly gamers trying to emulate some celebrity.

I'm not a hero player because I like Frankie, I like Frankie because I'm a hero player. Ya know?

• MVP

OOC: Hi! I'm Spotter.

I'm very excited to hop into the server and provide some interesting experiences or elements to the server. I'll try to be washing up on shore as much in character as possible.

IC: I'm a former member of the Russian FSB Coast Guard, confused and washed ashore after the Mil-Mi8 my crew was in crashed because the copilot passed out (without a heart rate, strangely enough), then woke up attacking us. He was hysterical and screaming at us without using a word. I think he may have even tried to bite the pilot..

My first plan is to follow the roads to a town. Surely I can hitch a ride to one of the major cities, and make contact with my CO.

Why is everyone standing outside?...

Your Russian background does very little for you here 'comrade' Spotter. The Chernarussians have been constantly under threat from Soviet forces aiming to claim this land as their own in the midst of the zombie threat.

While I condone your actions to help people and while I also aim to do as much good as possible, if you side with the Russians due to your background the Chernarus Liberation Front may become indifferent towards your good actions.

Denounce your brethren and the Chernarussians will embrace you to their cause and assist where possible.

(OOC: See you in game mate. Cool back story! :) )

Your Russian background does very little for you here 'comrade' Spotter. The Chernarussians have been constantly under threat from Soviet forces aiming to claim this land as their own in the midst of the zombie threat.

While I condone your actions to help people and while I also aim to do as much good as possible, if you side with the Russians due to your background the Chernarus Liberation Front may become indifferent towards your good actions.

Denounce your brethren and the Chernarussians will embrace you to their cause and assist where possible.

(OOC: See you in game mate. Cool back story! :) )

Ano' date=' I will have to agree with you, fellow NAPA soldier.[/quote']
  • MVP

The notorius S-GRU is what people are refering to. They've sort of stampled the reputation of russians in this part of the world as usually non-friendly and all bandit-like. Maybe the russian part in that whole mess of the whole chernarus-crisis a while ago also plays a part.

Bottom line, people are careful around ruskies here.

Wether S-GRU's reputation is correct or not varies from person to person, as just about everyone has had a different impression of them.

We in T.O.R take in anyone that has friendly intentions and can pass our list of qualifications. As you said yourself, its a grim new world and its not exactly optimal for our race's future to massacre each other, now that the dead outnumbers the living by a horrible margin. Take a look here if you find our little group appealing: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-t-o-r-outpost-rangers

There's also the EMS and "Free Medics", along with other nice friendly groups. So fortunetly, "new" chernarus is not just a bandit-infested hellhole, despite what some people say.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck out there, and im sure we'll run into each other eventually.

• Emerald

I'd love to partake in one of the medic/outpost groups. However, trying to roleplay as accurately as possible, I don't want to designate a meeting place or know where the outpost is, etc. because of forum usage. My character doesn't know you exist and therefore I play like I don't know you exist. I just hope the first folks I bump into in-game are one of those groups. Then surely they can put me in contact with the other groups.

So far my character washed ashore at Balota, and ran to the control tower looking for a working radio. No luck. Then he made the trek to Green Mountain, but couldn't get in due to the massive amount of zombies. I'm still looking for help, or just other survivors, period.

• MVP

I'd love to partake in one of the medic/outpost groups. However, trying to roleplay as accurately as possible, I don't want to designate a meeting place or know where the outpost is, etc. because of forum usage. My character doesn't know you exist and therefore I play like I don't know you exist. I just hope the first folks I bump into in-game are one of those groups. Then surely they can put me in contact with the other groups.

So far my character washed ashore at Balota, and ran to the control tower looking for a working radio. No luck. Then he made the trek to Green Mountain, but couldn't get in due to the massive amount of zombies. I'm still looking for help, or just other survivors, period.

Sounds reasonable.

Its rare(and -very- refreshing) to see someone take a pure RP approach to their first dayz at dayzRP. Good luck!

• Emerald

It seems unintelligent, but I'm trying to do what a military man (even coast guard) would do in this kind of situation. Try to make contact with a CO or branch of military via radio. Since no radios work yet, he's running to the NWAF. Very stupid so early in my characters life but he is hoping to find help there.

• 2 months later...