Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 05:52

Survive The Nights

Chernov

• Emerald

Now I know we are all kind of sick of the constant flow of zombie survival, sandbox multiplayer games coming out lately. When I saw that another one had been released I thought "great another copy and paste zombie shooter" but holy shit check out the features on this game! Here is a link to the kick starter and one or two videos on it since I am too lazy to list the features :P

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/697158346/survive-the-nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBiRVqAqX_U

One thing that I like is there is the mental health system. This prevents it from turning into a permanent death match because killing too many people makes your mental health nose dive and that can really handicap you. Also how realistically you can barricade your safe house and craft whether its weapon attachments, traps or making tools.

• MVP

I've seen some videos about this and this looks amazing fun!

The only thing holding me back from donating is zombie kids... that terrifies me :(

But this is potentially a great game, one to keep my eyes on.

• Emerald

Wow for pre alpha this looks really good cannot wait to see this game in the future will definetly get my self a copy of it :)

• Emerald

Heard about this game a while ago and it looks great for what it is to far. It has a lot of potential and I'm eager to see how it plays out.

• Emerald

I hope it won't be forgotten like other zombie survival games which have not been developed past a certain stage. Though it looks like it has potential.

• Emerald

#SurviveTheNightsRP?

All of my yes!

So, I'm starting to think that I have really terrible taste in games because to me this looks like crap, looks like some bad mod made from Half Life.

Maybe I just don't get it.

• Emerald

So, I'm starting to think that I have really terrible taste in games because to me this looks like crap, looks like some bad mod made from Half Life.

Maybe I just don't get it.

Don't focus on how it looks. Focus on the innovation it has with all of its ideas. You can board up bases and fill them with traps, you actually need to set up electricity, heat and running water for your base. It has an extremely in depth crafting system. What other zombie game has all these and plenty of the other unique features this game has?

• Sapphire

From what I've read and seen, this seems like a great game.

Though I have not read how long they have been working on it, I'd say that from the looks of the small amount of information I've got, the alpha could be released quite a lot earlier.

But depending on their team size, what they want it to be like is most likely really important to them, it can extend the time or subtract from the release date for alpha. :)

Though in a games development, alpha is a working build, unstable(possibly) and with loads of bugs and unfinished ideas.

Making a game is not easy, but I hope they do the 80-20 workflow, and not the opposite. xD

(small note: did anyone here back the game?) :)

• Community Manager

Looked awesome. Will definitely be following this.

• Legend

Looks very interesting and promising.

(small note: did anyone here back the game?) :)

Yes I did :)

• MVP

Looks pretty good and they clearly have a playable game already so little chance of it not releasing.

Will back when paid :)

• MVP

Like the OP, I've been a bit "meh" about the storm of poorly made zombie DayZ wannabe survivals recently. Many of them dont pay off at all.

However this one certainly seems to have potential, the videos made me genuinly intruiged. I'd be more then willing to try it out when its available, but im being a bit carefully optimistic until I've actually tried it. Hype over videos is one thing, it needs to be tested to be verified as a good experience.

I really like the emphasis on PvE, crafting and makeshift solutions in this game, and that reckless PvP even seems to be punsishable by the game mechanics. Finally a zombie survival that actually seems to have a genuine focus on surviving the zombies. Hopefully surviving the nights will actually be challenging enough to maintain that PvE focus. If its too easy, people will drift off seeking their fun elsewhere, like in DayZ where the zombies are usually laughable and people turn to PvP instead.

• Community Manager

Went up from 14 000 to 22 000 within hours. Promising :)

Edit: I just backed them with the alpha pack. Hype :D

• Emerald

So what I want to know is after backing when will we be able to play the alpha? Is there an announced date?

• Community Manager

So what I want to know is after backing when will we be able to play the alpha? Is there an announced date?

If you buy the alpha package, yes.

February 2015 is the alpha release dateish.

• Emerald

If you buy the alpha package, yes.

February 2015 is the alpha release dateish.

That is so far away :(
  • Community Manager

Meh. 8 months give or take. Time flies ;)