Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 19:50

Selling your friends on DayzRP?

I've got a group of pal's that would love DayZRP, or I know they would if they would just take a dive. However, for the obvious daunting application process, and the fact that they aren't big into RP, they are a bit turned off. Have any of you ever managed to "convert" someone?

I'm trying to find a way to explain to them that it's not HEAVY HEAVY roleplay, but at the same time it is. I believe them to think that the game is like a lot of old roleplay servers where fighting was done through IC "/me's" and there was always drama because nobody wanted to lose (I mean nobody want's to lose here, but through the right initiations, firefights are determined through actual skill and bullets, not "/me's".

I've considered showing them some DayZRP let's plays, but can't seem to find one that gives them a realistic view of how it goes without the youtuber giving off a sense of scripted nonsense.

Any recommendations?

• Emerald

Stream it for them. Let them see it first hand.

• Emerald

I made two others Belgians join in the past four days. :D

Dennis Fox and Gigidie, both my IRL friends.

The application process is going fast right now, they both got reviewed the day after. If they want it bad enough they whitelist, you could always make them jelly about talking about DayZRP and tell them how much fun you have.(something I did)

• Diamond

Honestly? Dont bring them in just now, I would wait for the newest patch to go live before bringing them into the fold.

My reasons behind that is that the server is not as populated with alot of the groups that normally frequent, this goes for some of the more lively people you will meet as well, as most are just waiting for the new patch.

I'll take a look thanks, bud.

Stream it for them. Let them see it first hand.

I considered this to, this is always an option, however I don't know the first thing about streaming. Maybe I'll take up a hobby.

The thing I love about DayZRP is the camp fires and character interactions, the territorial control between clans, and the soft times of sitting around a campfire roleplaying. I know if they were to try it, they'd immediately take a liking, even if their RP skills needed refining.

Honestly? Dont bring them in just now, I would wait for the newest patch to go live before bringing them into the fold.

My reasons behind that is that the server is not as populated with alot of the groups that normally frequent, this goes for some of the more lively people you will meet as well, as most are just waiting for the new patch.

This is true also, is there any word into when the newest patch will launch?

The new patch is pretty much ready to be launched now (I think), but as it includes code from the new DayZ Mod update, they can't release it until BIS release the new update.

If they are 18 year old girls, disease free and blonde I can give you a small pony for three of them.

Oh my.

The new patch is pretty much ready to be launched now (I think), but as it includes code from the new DayZ Mod update, they can't release it until BIS release the new update.

Bah BIS is like rolling the dice with their patch releases. BigLittleShorts I'm going over your video's now, quite good!

• Diamond

On a side note, I thought this thread would be very different from what the actual OP was....I came here to buy some friends....I was severely disappointed.

:D

• Emerald

On a side note, I thought this thread would be very different from what the actual OP was....I came here to buy some friends....I was severely disappointed.

Any friends bought or sold will have a strict 'no return or exchanges' policy.

• Diamond

Any friends bought or sold will have a strict 'no return or exchanges' policy.

So they wont have the same policy as DayZRP with skins? If I use them for longer then 24 hours I cannot return them?

• Sapphire

If were trading friends/slaves now I better stock up so that way I actually have good things to trade xD.

On a side note, does this rag smell like chloroform?

Hey, can I get ride from Berezino plx?