Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 03:09

For I am Many

Aberration

• Emerald

For I am Many

[mp3]http://puu.sh/amnp8/127015289c.mp3[/mp3]

My Mortal Name Was Chad Zolan, I was born in city in Alaska called Nome, I was raised by my mother, a loving caregiver and school teacher, and my father, a local fisherman who risked his life to put food on our table and heat our homes, My life was plain, dull dry uneventful, Years passed from the time of birth in my life story, I was raised proper, Normal, Then my father died at sea when I was thirteen, My mother heartbroken was in pain, I struggled with depression, I felt lost, broken damaged!

Months later my sweet mother killed herself, I was alone, I could not stand the sight of my home, The pain THE PAIN! It was too much I had to run, escape leave get out GET AWAY! I knew I would be dead If I rushed the plan I would rather hurt for longer than die, I knew the basics of controlling a fishing boat I could improve, I dropped out of school not having enough income, I took up a job at the local wharf, I would load the lobster traps on the boats before they left for sea, as payment I could eat and sleep at the docks, Three years passed I was Sixteen, Eligible to become a Greenhorn on the ship.

I was out on my first fishing trip three months after my birthday, We were to go far out on the green sea, after about three days of fishing the captain fell ill, Strange considering how clean the captain kept his quarters and person, His condition rapidly declined on the ship, Nobody could tell his ailment, The next day the captain was pronounced dead, I went to my quarters solemnly to sleep. That night I woke up to screams, The captain was there, Howling covered in blood, It looked like he was feasting on a carcass like a wolf after killing a fawn, Only because he had been, THE HERETIC SPREAD IT! I smashed open the safety glass around the fire ax on the boat next to the door to the bridge, I yelled at the captain to back away from me, I tried to speak tried to reason he wouldn't stop HE WOULDN'T FUCKING STOP! I swung the ax into his head then again, and again I stood there for ten minutes slamming the ax into his skull until all that was left was a red paste, I panted and opened the door to the bridge with my shaking hand. I saw blood all over the floor, I looked out the window to find our boat rushing forwards to sharp rocks I panicked and tried to run forwards to steer the boat away but I was stopped by a sharp pain in my shoulder I turned in horror and shock to see the first mate sinking his teeth into me, Then there was a large crash and the world tilted, and went black.

northwestern-pictures2.jpg

I woke up on the shore surrounded by bodies and wrecked fragments of the ship, I looked at my hands, Pale white covered in blood I tried to scream all I heard was a blood curdling howl, I slowly stood up and walked inland the island was small covered in men, Not men but beasts that howled like the captain did. I heard gunfire it sounded close, I ran to it, not caring what was at the end of the path I just turned onto, I ran for thirty minutes at full speed, Not feeling fatigued at all towards the end of it, Strange I never had been a good runner, Nor good with stamina. I peered around the edge of a large tree to see five men with large assault rifles all in positions around a big truck it looked like one of the military trucks I used to see in the old National Guard Barracks in my home city, I stumbled over to them they raised their weapons at me shouting something about killing the infected, I raised my hands up in front of me showing my palms then I plunged forwards to the ground, My world black once again.

dzn_image096_4.jpg

I woke up to the sound of an engine and my body shaking around I opened my eyes slowly to find I am in the back of the truck I saw the men in earlier, I groaned and sat myself up and looked around, Two men were in the back with me looking at me with a mix of curiosity and fear, I smiled at them, They exchanged a glance with each other and for some reason looked shocked, I extended my hand to them they chuckled and each shook my bloody hand before wiping it off on their pants, I said 'My Name Is Chad...I was born in Nome, Where are we?' The man to my right said 'Hey chad I'm Tom this is Luke, This place used to be called Namalsk, But now We call it hell." The man named Luke said something about defending myself and he opened a box for, He passed me an assortment of clothes military, Police, Civilian, None of them in a full set, Just random articles of clothing and said Good luck making an outfit, he passed me a large backpack, A hatchet and a strange looking gun called an Aug as well as some food and water, "Welcome to The Redeemed Chad" Luke said to me.

I traveled the frozen hell with those men, Alongside Luke and and Tom as well as the other men who were called Charlie, Noah, and Zachary.

Calling ourselves the Redeemed, A group of sorts, We inducted other survivors into our group, For some reason everybody would look horrified when first meeting me but then Chad Or Luke would whisper frantically to the newcomer and the new person would never give that look again, I was always questioning why people did that, I found my answer soon after, I was out on my first water run for our group, I looked into the icy still pond to see a bloody, Pale zombie like face staring me right in the eyes I opened my mouth in horror, The reflection did the same, I gathered the water bottles in my violently shaking hands and filled them up while trying to gather myself and control my emotions. I returned to the camp an hour later, it was ransacked and blood stains were everywhere, I sank to my knees and heard a collection of groans and howls, I saw ten figures stumble up the hill, It was my former friends, It was all of the redeemed, They were pale, Bloody they all looked me in the eyes, and smiled.

For some reason we did not fully turn, It was a miracle, We all agreed it was, we were chosen to be like this, It was a gift, We could run faster and forever without fatigue, We seemed to not feel pain much, we became tougher, Stronger, It was a gift from the divine, Given to us as we showed our worth through determination and hard work. Months past It became a year since we were all blessed, Over the months and weeks, We looked deeper into the lords gift upon us, decided we must worship and show our thanks to him through prayer and devotion, The gift was meant to bring about peace and harmony and we saw the beasts around us who abused this gift, wished to spread the gift to unworthy ones and non believers, We made it our goal to destroy these heretics, Eliminate all of them for their betrayal of the lords gift.

Popculture-burned-church.jpg

No longer humans but servants of the lord we all abandoned the use of human names, took upon new names, Legion, Unity, Consensus, Hive. All of us took on our names of the lord with pride and honor. Rumors of the humans and non believers that wished to destroy the heretics reached our group, We were pleased, The Humans and us would be together in the fight against the heretics, Namalsk was dwindiling with humans, Over time there was almost none, We needed more assistance to do the work of the lord, humans spoke of a land called chernarus to the far south, a land ripe with humans fighting the heretics. Fifteen months passed since our gift was given to us, Over those months we worked on repairing a fishing boat and stocking it with supplies for our pilgrimage, on The sixteenth month our journey was ready to commence, We boarded the boat, Me as captain with the knowledge I had of the sea, Using a map we discovered in a crashed helicopter with markings of Namalsk and Chernarus as well as other distant lands, We traveled far and wide each of us to separate on a different land, Each of us would start a new chapter of followers in each land to fight the heretics, We all remembered the long range radio frequency we decided to use when our mission was complete, One by one we all disembarked to our designated lands, Taviana, Panthera, Lingor, Thirsk, Podagorsk, Takistan, On and on until the final destination, My land, The land of Chernarus, I will start my chapter here, I will assist the humans in their fight against the heretics, I will do the work of the lord, and I, I will prevail.

• Emerald

this just scared the shit out of me....I LIKE IT!!!

• Emerald

So far all the reactions I get when saying Hi as Chad is person: 'WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT"

Chad: "NO COME BACK CHILD I LOVE YOU"

• Emerald

So far all the reactions I get when saying Hi as Chad is person: 'WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT"

Chad: "NO COME BACK CHILD I LOVE YOU"

LOL I had a character idea sort of like this, I should play him and meet you

• Emerald

Actually a really powerful story, I'm not kidding, this is NOVEL GRADE writing!

I noticed a few lore conflictions however, first off, Namalsk is closer to the Bering Strait and several miles south off the east-most coast of Russia - not at the Green Sea as stated in the story.

Secondly, to get to Chernarus from Namalsk you'd have to sail over half way across the globe, through the Mediterranean, and through the Bosphorus Strait in order to get to the Green Sea and Chernarus.

Other than those small conflictions, I see no issues with it - very well done and decently detailed

• Emerald

Actually a really powerful story, I'm not kidding, this is NOVEL GRADE writing!

I noticed a few lore conflictions however, first off, Namalsk is closer to the Bering Strait and several miles south off the east-most coast of Russia - not at the Green Sea as stated in the story.

Secondly, to get to Chernarus from Namalsk you'd have to sail over half way across the globe, through the Mediterranean, and through the Bosphorus Strait in order to get to the Green Sea and Chernarus.

Other than those small conflictions, I see no issues with it - very well done and decently detailed

No I said its in the bering sea on the new revised map it is north, The fishing boat was a means of just reaching the first destination then cars and helicopters were used to go place to place