Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 22:47

Is this considered breaking NLR?

I feel like showing you all an example would be best.

Let's say I have 2 characters.

1st one is in a clan.

2nd one isn't but I can say he knows and is friends with the clan.

If I get in a clan firefight with my clan on my 1st character and die, is it allowed to go back there during/after the fight with the 2nd character since he is a completely different person? I heard yes on this by someone I won't name but I just want to double check with the community and staff.

• Sapphire

You're not allowed to go back on any characters for 90 minutes even if he's not affiliated with any groups.

EDIT: Also, sine you're dead character loses all memory I don't see how your new character would suddenly get the urge to go to the same place.

• Sapphire

Yep thats breaking NLR.

Also by returning on an alt you would using OOC information from your previous character knowing there is a firefight there.

• Titanium

If it was your gear, and you return to it on another character that is BadRP, Metagaming and I'd consider it NLR aswell.

Just never go back to your body when you die.

• Sapphire

Right it seems that OP got the info he wanted.

/Solved

Solution: Under no circumstances are you allowed to go back to the area you died before 90 minutes has passed.

If you die to a glitch however, you can ask a staff member whether it's a glitch or not if you're in doubt.

Also taken directly from the rules:

am9e4.png

Guest johnygt7

I wouldn't classify it as BadRP and not Metagaming as you can IC "pretend" your alt was just passing by, but definitely NLR.

Many people do this, they die, switch characters and go back to where they die, they usually do not speak so you don't recognize who they are. And yes this is definitely against the rules!

your other character cant know that you were fighting there and died, because he was 'sleeping' or whatever. when you die on your first character, you cant just wake up with all the knowledge you have and then run over there xD

i must say, its interesting that you came up with this, and very good of you to double check if its allowed. but i think it will just fall under trying to circumvent the rules. (sorry for no capitals).

• Legend

1st one is in a clan.

This in itself is borderline trying to skirt the rules, and will certainly lead to many situations which will tempt you to bend and break the rules.

The purpose of alt characters is to try new things, different playstyles, whatever. Your alt characters should have nothing to do with your other characters, unless you're very good at what you're doing; otherwise it seems like you're just trying to find loopholes in the rules.

Many times the GMs have punished people for playing on alts who act exactly like their mains, or help their friends who are playing their mains. It's not that you can't play with your friends - it's that you can't use an alt character to get one over on your enemies or to trick people into situations or giving up information that they otherwise wouldn't.

• Emerald

I feel like showing you all an example would be best.

1st one is in a clan.

If I get in a clan firefight with my clan on my 1st character and die, is it allowed to go back there during/after the fight with the 2nd character since he is a completely different person? I heard yes on this by someone I won't name but I just want to double check with the community and staff.

Yep. NLR even on a different character.

This in itself is borderline trying to skirt the rules, and will certainly lead to many situations which will tempt you to bend and break the rules.

The purpose of alt characters is to try new things, different playstyles, whatever. Your alt characters should have nothing to do with your other characters, unless you're very good at what you're doing; otherwise it seems like you're just trying to find loopholes in the rules.

Many times the GMs have punished people for playing on alts who act exactly like their mains, or help their friends who are playing their mains. It's not that you can't play with your friends - it's that you can't use an alt character to get one over on your enemies or to trick people into situations or giving up information that they otherwise wouldn't.

I ain't trying nothing to either bend or find loopholes in the rules. I only said I'm double checking.