Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 07:22

1.7.5 inbound

https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/issues/278

Some strange changes with backpacks. Seems with a coyote you'll be able to carry 6 weapons and 24 one slot items.

I cant see that change anywhere in the changelog - source?

I wonder if we can change this on our end for realism and gameplay's sake?

Even if it is true its a good change. Sure the number of guns maybe a little excessive (2-3 is quite doable IRL) but currently the backpack system is out of whack.

I cant see that change anywhere in the changelog - source?

This line in the complete changelog:

* [uPDATED] - Backpacks updated. (https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/wiki/Backpacks)

Seems the entire system has changed so backpacks now have weapon slots in addition to regular slots. So carrying one weapon will give no advantage in movement or storage over the person carrying 7 primaries.

Man I've gotta hurry up and downgrade to a czech!

I'm not too sure, I like not having to sacrifice every bit of storage space in order to carry a second weapon, but 6 primaries in the pack is kinda a bit much, I think. At the most 4 maybe.

It'll be nice to be able to run around with a few different weapons though, for sure.

Man I'm excited for this patch! :D

• Emerald

Chance to get infected by eating meat and drinking water? Time to stock up on beans and coke then.

• Server Manager

There is no ETA, right now it's Rocket style: when it's done. You can follow the development on the test server.

• Emerald

Bloodbags now have an infection chance?

This will be tricky, no more careless bloodbags giving then. The need to carry antibiotics at all times seems to be mandatory now.

And more weapons to carry?

This update makes it look like everything will be harder for everyone except bandits.

• MVP

Being able to carry more weapons to the T.O.R outposts is a nice touch, but I agree that being able to carry 7 primaries throughs realism out the window. 2 maybe 3, but 7? Try carrying 7 machineguns IRL. GL with dat.

As for more things giving infection: Yessss. Seems like they're prepping for the big antibiotic/infection change I heard was coming. Possibly in 1.7.6. I dono for sure.

But I suppose this helps balance realism a little. Its very easy to get sick in a world like this. Antibiotics should be worth their weight in gold.

And finally: COOKIES!

Being able to carry more weapons to the T.O.R outposts is a nice touch, but I agree that being able to carry 7 primaries throughs realism out the window. 2 maybe 3, but 7? Try carrying 7 machineguns IRL. GL with dat.

The more you can take to a T.O.R. outpost, the quicker a greedy man might clear an outpost. A tent can still only hold ten weapons.

And imagine two survivors are gathering food supplies supplies to go hold up in the wilderness. "Grab those cans over there, you still have so much room in your backpack you could carry seven bloody Mk 48 Mod 0's!" "I know but that space is reserved for my seven Mk 48 Mod 0's, I can't put beans or water in there."