Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 21:47

Zombies to OP?

Jackfish

• Event Master

I played on the DayzRP server for a while now and I survived alot of days. But everytime a zombie give me 1 HIT i lose lots of blood. I think they are a bit overpowerd. Maybe downgrade them xD

• Event Master

that's the whole point, make em strong and a threat!

Is it not a bit TO strong if they hit you 1 time you lose 4k blood or something

Guest BoobManReub

That's something that gets me a lot too. But what it does it make you be careful around them. If you're outside you either have to work together or use a gun to kill lots of zombies. If you're inside then hatchet them all the way. Yes, zombies are OP but they keep you on your toes, it's better that they are an OP risk than no risk at all. For example DayZ standalone where there aren't any of them at all

• Emerald

If you got one shotted you unlucky and got smacked in the head by a zombie. Just try to be stealthy in towns and just try and avoid zombies if they're being too much of a problem for you. The way they are at the moment is fine and I hope it stays like this.

• Emerald

Having tough infected means that you can't run around all the time thinking they won't hurt me. I run when there's more than 5 coming at me as they hit hard.

it is! But again, they have to be OP, so people actually pay attention to them. Otherwise, it'd be too easy, like vanilla DayZ, where zombies are merely an indication of players in the area. Here they're actually a threat, maybe more lethal than players sometimes, so you gotta be careful etc

• Sapphire

Some of the zombies are harder to kill because they are "viral infected" (and don't worry, those will slap and HARD) <- this is just my encounter with these fellas.

I don't know, the zombies feel okay, they are a threat (just like it would be in zombie apocalypse)

• Sapphire

With the Zombies being OP I can understand,

But what I do not understand is HOW in the hell does a Zombie break your legs.

Once they are broke you are done for unless you have friends...

Even I have had a royal rumble with a zombie and died even with Friends there, The zombie took over 5 hits with a hatchet to die but I still died in the end.

I do feel there are some Zombies that are OP but I must agree it makes it more sense.

With the zombies being OP it gives people more of a reason to go around large cities and towns and go somewhere else which could lead to some good roleplay.

But then there are the people that run threw the Large cities and towns and die due to them being stupid and deciding they are flash or superman and get butt hurt when they die.

My personal Opinion.

Yes the Zombies are OP at times but the reason for that is because the server is Roleplay based not Kill Every zombie you see based.

You are ment to avoid the zombies not go running at them like some crazy old guy.

(I think I repeated myself :D )

There have been a few clans out there that have tried to be Zombie Killing people like the ZNU (Zombie Neutralization Unit) But due to people not wanting to be in a clan that revolves around Zombie killing, I don't think they lasted long.

Anyway Essay Over :D

• Sapphire

The zombies have been changed in 1.4. Their sight and hearing system has been changed, as well as their armour values. Not sure about their damage though.

Well,

With there Sight and Hearing being changed along with there Armour I believe there Damage shouldn't change.

Unless there Armour has gone up THEN CHANGE IT!

• MVP

The answer to the overral question: No, they're not OP. Are they powerful? A little bit, but not nearly enough!

When zombies feast on the tears of fallen players in anguish, then we're on the right path.

We should continuisly upgrade them I say. Give them claws and shit.

(on a srs note, they're fine. Would be fun to have them be more durable though, they die too easy.)

Guest Grumby

The answer to the overral question: No, they're not OP. Are they powerful? A little bit, but not nearly enough!

When zombies feast on the tears of fallen players in anguish, then we're on the right path.

We should continuisly upgrade them I say. Give them claws and shit.

(on a srs note, they're fine. Would be fun to have them be more durable though, they die too easy.)

In their current buggy state, no thank you. Those claws would only make it easier for them to tear their way through walls and the space-time barrier.

"Zombies to OP?"

Nope

Nope, why should it be too strong. IRL, you would most likely dead once they got their hands on you can their theeth in your flesh. Here, you can actually survive a few hits.

And same as IRL, its random. You don't always just die instantly. But as in RL... sometimes people are unlucky

Zombies aren't too strong, not at all. People just need to adapt themselves to the new situation, its no problem to deal with them at all. Never died trough these new zeds, it was close one time but back then i was cornered in the electro school ^^

All those who say they're OP should maybe just realize that it doesn't works as on Vanilla DayZ anymore because it isn't vanilla DayZ.

Now, they#re at least a threat (more or less, i would say they're annoying but thats it)

Back then they were... existant. Nothing more.

With 1.4. it will be possible to sneak around them properly. And atm... well you can still sneak, use silenced guns or melee weapons. No need to turbo trough elektro, aggroing the whole towns zombies.

I'm against further buffs, just because they tend to hit people trough barracks-walls or teleport 4 meters forward ect

• Emerald

Technically, no.

This has annoyed me for ages. People call it a broken leg. They do it even here in DayZRP. It's been happening ever since DayZ first came out as a mod.

Then they get a shot of morphine, and suddenly their 'broken' leg is alright again. That's not how morphine works. Morphine is a painkiller, it can't magically fix a broken leg.

What a shot of morphine -will- do is tone down the pain. It could help you walk if your leg is just fractured or if you've had a bad sprain or similar- And even then you shouldn't intentionally walk on a fractured leg just because you can't feel something is wrong.

Technically, no.

This has annoyed me for ages. People call it a broken leg. They do it even here in DayZRP. It's been happening ever since DayZ first came out as a mod.

Then they get a shot of morphine, and suddenly their 'broken' leg is alright again. That's not how morphine works. Morphine is a painkiller, it can't magically fix a broken leg.

What a shot of morphine -will- do is tone down the pain. It could help you walk if your leg is just fractured or if you've had a bad sprain or similar- And even then you shouldn't intentionally walk on a fractured leg just because you can't feel something is wrong.

I would also like to point out that Morphine is very similar to heroin and has similar, uhh, side affects.

>runs from zombies

>Zombie runs 30 mph

>One hit, half blood and broken leg

>"You are dead."

>K.

Now I like the fact that they're strong, but the scenario above me has happened to me twice since the last update, gets old after the first time.

• Titanium

I like them the way they are. Since this is an apocalypse they're supposed to be a threat, don't change them.