Server time (UTC): 2021-09-23 23:51

(Boolean) How to Fix Component Error on DayZRP Launcher

Reaper

• Sapphire

Hey Everyone!

This thread is to show you how to fix the component Error that usually shows up when trying to play DayZRP after updating threw DayZ Commander

So people if you get this Error shows below

IP1NRMd.png

This is how you fix it.

Firstly You will need to go to your Steam Library.

Which is located below.

wwYa9OG.png

After Going to your library, You will then need to go to your Arma 2 : OA Properties and go to Beta's and set it to 1.62.

Which is located below.

3GjTw9p.png

sqEcFHu.png

Make sure you stay in your properties for Arma 2 : OA because you will have to open it again to do the same thing.

Next Minimize your Arma 2 : OA Properties and open your Arma 2 Properties and select Local Files,

After doing so select Verify Game Cache

(Do this for both games arma 2 and arma 2 oa)

Images Located Below

xyepgex.png

After Doing so, if you try to launch DayZRP it will come up with something like... Arma 2 Not found.

Meaning you will have to launch both Arma 2 and Arma 2 : OA - After doing so try launching again to see if you can find out if they are found.

After that, You will need to go to DayZ Commander and downgrade to the patch - 103718 until the latest patch for DayZRP comes out.

LqTmuuv.png

If you do not have DayZ Command here is the link to the download that is on the forums for the Arma 2 update.

Link to Download Page

Now after doing all this the game should work,

But make sure all your Parameters on DayZ Commander and on the DayZRP launcher are blank (Remove Anything Within The Box)

Shorter Version Located Below

Do this Step by step

------------------------------------

You will have to right click both Arma 2 to and Arma 2 operation arrowhead to select the properties.

>Go To Steam Library

>Right click Arma 2 : OA Select properties go to beta's

>Set Arma 2 : OA to 1.62

>Verify Arma and Arma 2 : OA game cache

>It will come up saying that Arma 2 isn't found.

>Launch Arma 2

>Re-Open DayZRP Launcher

>Down-Grade to the non latest patch

>Start Playing

Note :

If you have set parameters on DayZ Commander I would suggest removing them.

Possibly Restart your computer aswell,

Sometimes you will have to restart so all the files save.

If there is anything that needs adding I will add it, But please give some feedback and some stuff that could help.

thank you.

• Sapphire

Maybe add the word 'Boolean' to the title as that's what most people seem to report when they get the issue.

Will do,

• Sapphire

No problem mate,

Glad I could help ;)

• Emerald

It would be nice if staff could replace this thread, with this one:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-bad-cd-key-error-and-system-component-error

The thread is pinned in the troubleshooting as it's a common error. However, this thread has more information provided (Screenshots). It would be nice to see it being replaced, this is an actual "solution thread" about it. Better of using this instead of that one.

Nicely done, Rpilmore.

-text-

I think it was accidentally stickied? Because it isn't solved and no-one has actually mentioned it being stickied, so I'm assuming it isn't meant to be.

• Emerald

-text-

I think it was accidentally stickied? Because it isn't solved and no-one has actually mentioned it being stickied, so I'm assuming it isn't meant to be.

Mmmh, didn't notice that.

• Sapphire

It would be nice if staff could replace this thread, with this one:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-bad-cd-key-error-and-system-component-error

The thread is pinned in the troubleshooting as it's a common error. However, this thread has more information provided (Screenshots). It would be nice to see it being replaced, this is an actual "solution thread" about it. Better of using this instead of that one.

Nicely done, Rpilmore.

yay I got a Nicely done,

tumblr_mn8g3tAXmT1r3ygnoo3_500.gif

• Sapphire

/Stuck

Nice guide, well laid out. This will hopefully help a lot of people who are experiencing this problem.

:thumbsup:

Guest Grumby

New DayZ Commander doesn't allow you to downgrade, need help!

Download the beta patch using this link. Arma2: OA Build 103718

Use a program such as WinRAR (Download the version suited to your PC i.e. 32bit/64bit) and extract the .exe file to your desktop. Run the file and follow the instructions (Pretty much just click 'Yes' and 'OK') and you're all good.

• Sapphire

New DayZ Commander doesn't allow you to downgrade, need help!

Updated it so where the DayZ Commander area has a link to the DayZRP Download page where you can download the patch required.

I cannot seem to get it to work after following these steps?

• Sapphire

Does it still say the same thing???