Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 12:02

What are your RP pet peeves?

RainOfPearls

• VIP

What is a pet peeve?

A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to themselves, to a greater degree than others may find it.

So, we all have our own ideas about how people should act while roleplaying. What are the things you see that get you just a bit more hot under the collar than maybe they should?

Here's a few of mine!

1. People who are always pointing their gun at people. It irritates me to no end when people do not have any concept of muzzle discipline. Do not come running up to me going "Hey! How's it going man? Nice day today!"... while ramming the barrel of your gun into my face!

2. Over-eager roleplayers. We all know these people. The ones that you meet, and make the mistake of saying something like "Hi, what's your name?"

"Oh hi! I'm xxxxxx, from xxxxxx. I started life as a baby and had the greatest family ever. I studied xxxxx and went to university to become a xxxxx. I came here on a plane with my sister for a vacation after graduating, and somehow one of those things was on the plane! It started eating people and the pilot lost control of the plane and crashed here. When I came to, I couldn't find my sister anywhere. I've been searching all over for her."

I DON'T CARE!!! I JUST WANTED YOUR NAME, NOT YOUR LIFE STORY!

3. Flankers.

You all know them. They are that person who the second they see you, before they even say a word, they sit there pointing their gun at you and trying to circle around to your right so they can stare at your arm before saying anything.

I've got a gun, you've got a gun. How smart do you really think it is to keep trying to move to get to my sides or back? I take this as a rather hostile action.

Alright, so there's a few of mine, what are yours?

• VIP

Also, I believe there might be a thread like this already somewhere.

Probably, nothing really new under the sun.

• VIP

Also, I believe there might be a thread like this already somewhere.

Probably, nothing really new under the sun.

Haha true.

I remember answering a question like this once, but can't find the thread.

• Sapphire

- People asking for ID.

- People magically knowing more about your own character than you do (metagaming basically)

- People who switch to pistol and turbo towards you or away from you at first sight.

- People who play attention whoring characters wont name any names but you can guess the kind of characters i mean.

- People whose characters know EVERYTHING (guns ,medical ,vehicles etc.)

• VIP

When people vault over a fence when there's a gate right next to them...

But... I do that IRL all the time... it's faster and a lot more fun!

• Emerald

-Clans who stand IC just silent around and talk OOC in their Teamspeak

-People who dont do any effort in voice acting

-People thininking their boring and lazy computer hanging voice can be 'intimidating' in robbery's.

-People who curse in every single sentence.

-People asking for name instead of starting off with an conversation.. Social skills people where are they!?

-Stereotypical charrachters with no dept or personality

-People thinking not saying alot and be silent with a boring voice comes off as Cold and creapy and generally edgy while glorifying edgy stuff with no legit realistic background on how he became like that.

-Anti-socials who you can only have a (yes/no) conversation with ingame.

-People who compliment your gun

• Emerald

- when someone enters *ID*

- Someone i have never met IC uses my journal IC

- people assuming all CDF must be Enclave

- when people claim to have contact with a Russian or American base within Cheruruss

- when people make a backstory IC that does not fit the Official lore

• MVP

People who text RP and take a huuuge amount of time to do so.

Me - "hi"

Guy - -hot-mic so can I hear him typing for like 30 seconds-

Me - *waits patiently*

Guy - -is still frozen looking at ground while typing-

Me - *turns to leave*

Guy - "hey"

me - Facepalm.gif

Guest GreenGod

*Turbo runs at you as you gut a boar in the middle of an open field*

Hello comrade! We have to be careful around these parts so can I see some ID?

Oh you don't have ID? Da da would you mind writing your name on this piece of paper then?

Also

Captain America

The dark knight minus the mask and cape.

TP warrior's

Guest whitepointer

1. Typical ''Hi.. can I see your ID''

2. Not able to take their gun out of my face.

3. Terrible mics (guess some people can't help this one), but still.

• MVP

I hate, FUCKING HATE, when I say hi to someone and they just completely ignore me and keep running.

L2talk pls jesus

Well i cannot really say i love meeting the people that knows all. Every weapon is known to them, they are martial artists + survivalists + medics + special forces + war vets and so on. Had these encounters in Larps as well, and it never ends well. Scale it down is not a bad thing.

Well i cannot really say i love meeting the people that knows all. Every weapon is known to them, they are martial artists + survivalists + medics + special forces + war vets and so on. Had these encounters in Larps as well, and it never ends well. Scale it down is not a bad thing.

To be honest, being good with a good amount of weapons, being trained in basic medicine and survival, as well as *some* martial arts, isn't that hard to do in real life in a decade or two. If you enlist in the army, you learn weapons, martial arts and basic medical if you're a medic. Discharge after say, five years and you can go live in the woods and learn survival. If your character is SpecOps, chances are survival is part of basic training, as well as the ability to use multiple weapons.

I find this complaint funny. While being a supersoldier is never fun, the vast majority of complaints that people associate the definition with are quite achievable in real life by the ripe age of 30.

• MVP

People who literally mention that they are "looking for loot". I met a guy like this last night, and it just de-moralised me to play... granted it was late, so I was tired and wanted to get off regardless.

Another thing that annoys me is some people ignorance to just talk over others, especially when there's a lot of people talking on mic. BE PATIENT GODDAMN IT, and let the other person speak!

The only other thing is boring conversation. I feel a good few amount of people only ever want to talk about "gathering supplies" or their fancy gun. Honestly, not everyone in the wasteland is a gun expert (especially us Civvies), so your literally giving me nothing to work off!

I'm a film maker, I like to get to know people, but not if your a generic, boring ass, know-it-all military type.

I'm a film maker, I like to get to know people, but not if your a generic, boring ass, know-it-all military type.

Wasn't this literally our encounter (The Mercenary)? We seemed to get it off alright, IMO.

• Sapphire

People who literally mention that they are "looking for loot". I met a guy like this last night, and it just de-moralised me to play... granted it was late, so I was tired and wanted to get off regardless.

Another thing that annoys me is some people ignorance to just talk over others, especially when there's a lot of people talking on mic. BE PATIENT GODDAMN IT, and let the other person speak!

The only other thing is boring conversation. I feel a good few amount of people only ever want to talk about "gathering supplies" or their fancy gun. Honestly, not everyone in the wasteland is a gun expert (especially us Civvies), so your literally giving me nothing to work off!

Not all clans are like this luckily :D

My character for example barely knows anything about guns, the only gun he knows really well is the CZ550 because he used to hunt with it before the outbreak, other than that I always RP out that I have no clue what i'm holding just that I know how to shoot it :D

Shit russian accents.