Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 00:30

Fuel rarer, and a fuel backed Currency.

Lets start with rarer fuel, its been a few years, we shouldn't be able to fill up all the cars in Chernarus with one tank, let alone one car. It would make sense that a tank has maybe 1-4 jerry cans, and maybe only empty jerry cans spawn? This would make people conserve fuel, and make it rare and desirable.

That brings me onto the next thing, fuel backed currencies. If fuel was rarer, it would be desirable, and with a big trading group like say CTC, why not take advantage of this desirable commodity and make bank from it? And than back your own currency with it? In Fallout, caps get there worth from the massive supply of fresh water in the HUB, and NCR dollars gets its worth from precious metal, and before that it was just gold (Before BOS destroyed there gold supply.). So why not fuel backing CTC dollar or something like it?

• Sapphire

Sounds like a nice idea, I think Tomeran pushed for rarer full already though and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be rarer next patch and tanks won't have unlimited stocks.

As for using it as a currency, I don't think it will be dealt with as a form of dollars or pounds but it would certainly be worth a lot more items next patch.

• Emerald

Fuel will be "rarer" in the next patch in the form of it having a limited and randomized amount in each fuel tank/fuel point each restart.

It will most definitely be valuable but everyone fuel as a currency seems a tad ridiculous. I'm not going to doubt for a second that someone would make a trade of an item in exchange for fuel but not everyone is going to want to trade items for fuel.

Sounds like a nice idea, I think Tomeran pushed for rarer full already though and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be rarer next patch and tanks won't have unlimited stocks.

As for using it as a currency, I don't think it will be dealt with as a form of dollars or pounds but it would certainly be worth a lot more items next patch.

It would only make sense, that at the scale of the CTC that there would be some form of currency, of course not dollars/pounds maybe it could just be litres/liters of fuel, or anything really, the idea is that the currency could get its worth from fuel.

• Sapphire

Well, it would be a lot of effort on their end to put in a liters system but it could work, they would also need to establish the price of pretty much every item in the game. (unless we're just suppose to use 5 and 20 liters as the only form of currency)

If it were done it would be cool but I can't really see it happening.

Well, it would be a lot of effort on their end to put in a liters system but it could work, they would also need to establish the price of pretty much every item in the game.

If it were done it would be cool but I can't really see it happening

Well not really, there are already to different sizes of jerry cans, 2.5l and a bigger one I think are the sizes, the litres are already there, and while yes it is a lot of work for staff to make a value for everything it would be worth it in the end.

And also both my examples where of currencies in a post apocalyptic setting that were both backed by something, Bottle caps-Fresh water. NCR dollar-Precious metals. Why not have, CTC dollar- Fuel?

Fuel will be "rarer" in the next patch in the form of it having a limited and randomized amount in each fuel tank/fuel point each restart.

It will most definitely be valuable but everyone fuel as a currency seems a tad ridiculous. I'm not going to doubt for a second that someone would make a trade of an item in exchange for fuel but not everyone is going to want to trade items for fuel.

Well I never specifically said fuel had to be the currency, but I said that the currency would be backed by fuel, maybe amongst other things as well?