Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:32

Random Events...

In the new change log, it says under [OTHER] that random events will be an occurence. I know what a Random event is, obviously, but in reference to DayZRP, what does this mean?

Like, is it an admin tool, or are we truly going to be experiencing random events similar to that of games like GTA V or Red Dead Redemption?

• Emerald

Random events are chopper crashes and things like that I believe.

Admin controlled, or based around the server time frame? I'm just trying to get a gauge on how this would work. Coming across a ruined camp in the middle of the forest would be a cool random event, but I guess it would just remove itself with the server reset?

• Emerald

Admin controlled, or based around the server time frame? I'm just trying to get a gauge on how this would work. Coming across a ruined camp in the middle of the forest would be a cool random event, but I guess it would just remove itself with the server reset?

The current chopper crashes are random events.

I assume you are asking this because of "[OTHER] Random events overhauled"?

Correct. When I see Random Events, I saw plural, I didn't think it just meant helicopter crashes.

• Emerald

Correct. When I see Random Events, I saw plural, I didn't think it just meant helicopter crashes.

I don't know if it means just chopper crashes but chopper crashes are just one of the things I can think of. :P

• MVP

The random vents allude to chopper crashes, supply drops and infected camps. These all spawn randomly on the map each restart and contain gear, zeds and help give the world a sense of place.