Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 07:10

How do i use RP to save myself?

Everyones character carries a couple of personal items. One item that belongs to my character is a combat knife. If i get disarmed of my weapon, backpack and radio but the robber forgets to frisk me for explosives, sharp items, etc. How exactly do I use the knife?

• Emerald

Everyones character carries a couple of personal items. One item that belongs to my character is a combat knife. If i get disarmed of my weapon, backpack and radio but the robber forgets to frisk me for explosives, sharp items, etc. How exactly do I use the knife?

You might want to look at the power gaming rule a bit more.

You don't.

That's powergaming(?) because you've just made an item up. If you have an equip-able me-lee weapon, for example a hatchet, then you can just hit them.

If we allowed what you're proposing, it would lead to numerous stupid things. For example, *turns around quickly, striking the man in the temple. He falls unconscious. That would in no way work at all.

*pulls knife from belt and stabs man*

What does he do? Kill himself? You can;t kill someone with RP, use a weapon. If you haven't been frisked, take out a weapon and kill him. If not, you can't.

• MVP

You cannot, it would be powergaming.

If they frisk you for 'all sharp items' then you cannot exactly use one a little later as it would be against the rules.

You cannot, it would be powergaming.

If they frisk you for 'all sharp items' then you cannot exactly use one a little later as it would be against the rules.

I don't think you fully read the OP. He's talking about using an imaginary item to kill his robber, if he's forgotten to frisk him.

You don't.

That's powergaming(?) because you've just made an item up. If you have an equip-able me-lee weapon, for example a hatchet, then you can just hit them.

If we allowed what you're proposing, it would lead to numerous stupid things. For example, *turns around quickly, striking the man in the temple. He falls unconscious. That would in no way work at all.

*pulls knife from belt and stabs man*

What does he do? Kill himself? You can;t kill someone with RP, use a weapon. If you haven't been frisked, take out a weapon and kill him. If not, you can't.

I wasn't thinking about powergaming, I was thinking more of: *tries to stab* so it ain't powergaming, but thanks for the confirmation.

-text-

What do you mean tries to stab? What do you expect the robber to respond with? *takes a knife wound and bleeds out* It would be abused to hell and in no way plausible, sorry if I'm sounding like a dick but I think you need to properly think it through.

• MVP

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

I thought I got it correct, I meant even an imaginary item should fall into the all sharp items tag if frisked.

If not frisked then whip out your hatchet when the opportunity presents itself...all depends on how the event goes.

I know the rules by heart but I was just curious about this cause I seen a lot of robbers saying *frisks for sharp items* I wanted to confirm on what items it had effect on.

I know that when you do something to another player you gotta ask for permission and/or you gotta make sure the other person has a chance to fight back so please quit jumping to conclusions and saying that I don't know the rules. Just because I'm curious about something it don't mean I'm clueless.

This can be marked as solved.

If you type *tries to stab* then you just give them a valid reason to shoot you in the face.

Yeah I figured that, When for example trying something to harm or effect someone elses player they have the option of either complying or resisting and in this case it would obviously be resisting, but like I said: I'm curious and want confirmation on a couple of things, no harm in that.