Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 03:56

Weapons dissappearing when placed on ground

Was just in a barn to check for an alternate weapon, and put down my M16 with G-launcher that i had been saving to try and trade for something more fitting my character to pick up another weapon and inspect it. The sniperrifle i found in the barn came with a scope, so i thought id remove the scope, but it did not work. Then i saw it. The M16 was gone and also another rifle that was in the barn like 10 seconds ago.

I searched the barn 2 times, but it was all gone. Happened in 2 barns in a row btw. The first missing weapon was a shotgun i put down to pick up this automatic thingie with bipods, but it was not my thing really so i thought id take the shotgun instead, but no. It had done the vanish trick also.

Ok, i lost an m16 that was amazing and accurate, not the end of the world. However, its a bit frustrating not knowing that if you place an item on the ground to rearange the pack or such, it could just as easy be gone forever.

Oh sorry. Forgot the usage of the template :/

A bit to late here.

Servername: Server 2.

Time : Happened around 5 min before i wrote the original report.

Character name: John Winters

As of now i have a nice winchester again and found a bigger backpack that still had the look i wanted, so it´s meh ok ^^

Still, the bug is verry irritating, and can cause quite a stirr.

• MVP

Thank you for looking into it though. Guess i´l hold on to everything from now on just incase the ground feels hungry again.

It's normally a good idea to use a vehicle or storage :)

Guest TehGreekGamer

Sometimes when you drop something it might be in a radius of 25 meters, i have found alot of weapons when i noticed that.

Guest Generic Name

From what I have gathered from testing, a weapons will disappear if you take all the ammo related to it from the pile, when taking from the pile take the weapon first or don't take all the ammo from it.

Could someone of been in the area maybe the logged off causing the loot to despawn or someone new came into the area causing the same thing.

Did you swapped your m16 directly with the weapon you picked up?

If yes, then there is a big chance i gets deleted. Always put your weapon down on the weapon you want to pick up and only then pick up the new weapon. Never failed me.

• Sapphire

You have to be careful you don't have a melee weapon out, if you do a script is activated and deletes the gun you're picking up to avoid you having 2 guns in your main inventory.

I will be mark this as Solved, PM me or someone else if you want this unsolved.

Also:

Did you swapped your m16 directly with the weapon you picked up?

If yes, then there is a big chance i gets deleted. Always put your weapon down on the weapon you want to pick up and only then pick up the new weapon. Never failed me.

Just a question.

Could the script be altered so that it does not delete any weapons, but instead drops it?

I thought it where possible to have 2 weapons anyways actually if you had enough room in the backpack for some reason.