Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 22:13

Bike respawns

DMZ

How about having a script that checks if a bicycle has not been used in a day(or a different limit), regardless of condition, and respawn it? This will drastically increase the amount of bikes available for people, and will minimize the common 'park bike, forget where it's parked' scenario.

Pretty sure that is the case, but only respawns after a week?

Think thats already the case with vehicles

edit: yuval ninjad gg

^that being a tad too long IMO. The suggestion I am making should be *only* for bicycles, and should feature a short timer.^

I'm making the suggestion because we used the same method on the AWA DayZ server, with a very short timer (1-2 days). It massively improves one's transportation options, without giving everyone free vehicles that hold tons of gear.

Pretty sure that is the case, but only respawns after a week?

Think thats already the case with vehicles

edit: yuval ninjad gg

^that being a tad too long IMO. The suggestion I am making should be *only* for bicycles, and should feature a short timer.^

I'm making the suggestion because we used the same method on the AWA DayZ server, with a very short timer (1-2 days). It massively improves one's transportation options, without giving everyone free vehicles that hold tons of gear.

I like the one week thing, they eventually respawn, and if you would have to go and be unable to play for 3 days, would you want to come back and find your vehicle was despawned? My main point here is that if you want a vehicle, go find it, don't try and have it easy by checking spawns.

I like the one week thing, they eventually respawn, and if you would have to go and be unable to play for 3 days, would you want to come back and find your vehicle was despawned? My main point here is that if you want a vehicle, go find it, don't try and have it easy by checking spawns.

This seems like a very generic reply. Keep the vehicles, but what I often find is that that same bicycle, with broken *everything*, meaning it's not used by the player either, is sitting there for a week, and nothing happens to it. Since vehicle damage checking seems somewhat limited and repairing bikes is glitchy, here's the suggestion that applies *only to bicycles*.

If they are broken and left alone then sure, but seems like allot of work for staff, as they have to check if the bicycles that did spawn are in working condition. For bicycles sure i agree.

• Sapphire

Would be nice if this happened with the only airvraft in the server. Stop the bloody hoarders -_-

If they are broken and left alone then sure, but seems like allot of work for staff, as they have to check if the bicycles that did spawn are in working condition. For bicycles sure i agree.

From what AWA told me, the script seems fairly simple, actually. Something along the lines of:

if(unused_time =< [time unit]) { respawn_bike };

Would be nice if this happened with the only airvraft in the server. Stop the bloody hoarders -_-

The latest news I hear is people purposefully sabotaging the plane so nobody else can fly it. So sad ;(

• Sapphire

There should be more bikes.

Imagine if this apocalypse was in the Netherlands. :troll:

New roleplay item: a pair of concrete cutters to break locks with.

Why would you need bolt cutters if bikes can't be locked?

Why would you need bolt cutters if bikes can't be locked?

I am imagining an apocalypse in the Netherlands. You'd need a pair.

The person I replied to didn't exactly state that it had to be using all current DayZRP features. Epoch esque locking isn't that hard to implement

• Community Manager

I for one would love to have more bikes available throughout the whole of Chernarus.

• Legend

I for one would love to have more bikes available throughout the whole of Chernarus.

I agree. Id imagine they are easier to maintain that a car in the apocolypse