Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:30

Greetings from Newb!

Guest NackThePenguin

Guest NackThePenguin

Heya! this is my first time at dayZ RP, relatively new to the game too. Been playing on the standalone for a month and finally got fed up of trolls who shoot you for kicks even after they have you on your knees buck nude, then I heard about the RP servers. I do a lot of Roleplaying stuff elsewhere so it sounded like a perfect fit!

I'm looking forward to trying it all out, gunna read up a bit more on the setting and start to work out a character. any tips? pitfalls and cliches to avoid? common name overlapse etc?

• Legend

Welcome first of all!

For things to avoid? I personally would say not to have the reason for your character being here as "His plane crashed".

I have met rather a lot of people in-game who suffered the same fate :P

Come up with something unique and something you will enjoy playing IG!

Feel free to post character ideas and get some public feedback or if you would rather, you can PM me any ideas and I will let you know what I think :)

Good luck on your application when you get round to it!

Guest NackThePenguin

cheers! Ill do my best!

quick question though... about death, im a bit confused by the wording in the rules, when you dies, do you become a new character entirely or do you just "pass out" forgetting the incident that killed you? or does it depend on the manner of death that occurs?

Guest John Blakeley

Hello and welcome!

The only advice I can give is to really try and get along with everybody and try and talk everything out...there's a lot of reports that could be and in some cases have been resolved by having the involved parties talk about it via TS. Other than that, enjoy your stay!

-Question-

You are the only one who can perma death your own character. If you die you can not know/remember what happened leading to your death event. For example, a bunch of angry Somalians rob you and you decide not to comply and they kill you, you can not go to the trade post on the new life and say you were just attacked by the Somalians. So yes, you do pretty much "pass out".

Guest Shadow

You are the only one who can perma death your own character. If you die you can not know/remember what happened leading to your death event. For example, a bunch of angry Somalians rob you and you decide not to comply and they kill you, you can not go to the trade post on the new life and say you were just attacked by the Somalians. So yes, you do pretty much "pass out".

But. But... I thought just fisherman?

:troll:

Guest Shadow

Yes of course, just fisherman.

I used my own friendly clan as the example so those evil infidels known as 'Free Medics' wouldn't hunt and castrate me.

Fixed it for you ;)

Guest NackThePenguin

cool, I thought that was the case, but wasnt entirely sure.

so I guess the only people to become immune to the zombie outbreak were those who suffer an extreme allergic reaction to adrenalin in the form of short term memory loss? :D

Also: Whitelist Application in! fingers crossed...