Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 11:57

CTC Raid

Guest The Reverend

Guest The Reverend

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this, but hear me out. The CTC has established a PCB, like any other, just.... better. They have gathered masses of tools for survival. And people want those tools, but they can get them. Usually, in other places, people either trade or steal these items. But you can't in TP, because of all the innocent people and blah blah. But the initiation rules state that only involved parties can assault each other, not just any random person.

Personally, I think it would be quite cool to be able to attack The Trade Post, but there must be certain limitations:

1) A clan can only attack the Trade Post if the have more than 12 people available online.

2) There must be a valid reason for there to be an initiation on the Trade Post - the clan was banned from TP, or the CTC have some valuable items there.

3) The clan must advertise the attack in the Events section and get a staff approval, so that people will know what is happening, and won't KOS Report everyone.

4) The clan must not KOS everyone in the camp, just the CTC or any allies.

5) The clans cannot involve anyone else in their business, if they are hired. But there can be merged assaults, for example B-17 and SDS. (Not flaming, just suggesting)

Oh, and it must be a clan that is attacking the Trade Post, not just a group of survivors.

The CTC, due to it's wealth, can "hire" people to fight for them, for example the RSC could be hired for defensive purposes. And so on.

Please leave your thoughts and I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T AGREE.

Oh, and this would be quite good RP, I think.

Hatch and Burgz - dont hate plz :)

• Sapphire

I don't like this idea. It just doesn't make sense, sorry but it's a no from me.

Guest Biiddy

To be honest, I would not see the fun in expecting an attack off someone, RP wise it would make no sense, how on earth would every person in the trade post know an attack was coming and all the information and intel they need on it, same goes for the attackers it would not be as fun as it is when attacking/ defending a settlement used to happen back in the day.

Guest The Reverend

To be honest, I would not see the fun in expecting an attack off someone, RP wise it would make no sense, how on earth would every person in the trade post know an attack was coming and all the information and intel they need on it, same goes for the attackers it would not be as fun as it is when attacking/ defending a settlement used to happen back in the day.

They would not know that an attack is coming. The people in TP would know not to KOS report everyone and etc.

Guest ArcticStarling

As stated before CTC is not actually an official group, it is purely staff enforcing in character. They are there to stop trolling and rule breaks. Not to really be interacted in, when this does happen it is nice. But it is not what they are intended for.

• Sapphire

I don't like this idea. It just doesn't make sense, sorry but it's a no from me.

Knew you would say that xD

Not sure why but okay then :P

My reason for not liking it is because;

1) TP is the safezone (Not many people agree with this but it's how it is, Staff do events every now and again but letting an uncontrolled event attack a RP hot spot always leads to trouble)

2) You mentioned that the attackers can only kill CTC (+Allies). It doesn't make sense for the attacks to just walk in there and concentrate on a certain small(ish) amount of guards while there are civilians behind their backs armed with guns.

3) Attacking a place of survival just because they got kicked out of TP is something I don't agree with. With something such as TP there should be good story behind the attack, such as Council - That is why Tomeran & SumoS do these events, to create an ongoing side story.

• Server Manager

The entire point of TP is to have a peaceful area for trading, RP and events. Allowing attacks on it would go against the entire concept, it's been stated multiple times.

If you want to attack settlements, push existing groups to start creating them on S1.

Guest The Reverend

The entire point of TP is to have a peaceful area for trading, RP and events. Allowing attacks on it would go against the entire concept, it's been stated multiple times.

If you want to attack settlements, push existing groups to start creating them on S1.

Oh... Rolle said it, Rolle does it. Close the thread, it is pointless :(

Guest Biiddy

They would not know that an attack is coming. The people in TP would know not to KOS report everyone and etc.

If the attackers post in the event section of the upcoming attack then obviously people would know, on top of that if this did get implemented then there would be an announcement about it which would make everybody aware of this also.

Guest The Reverend

If the attackers post in the event section of the upcoming attack then obviously people would know, on top of that if this did get implemented then there would be an announcement about it which would make everybody aware of this also.

There is a difference between OOC and IC knowledge. And also, they would not know when and how the attack would happen, so that it is a feeling of suspense...

Guest Biiddy

There is a difference between OOC and IC knowledge. And also, they would not know when and how the attack would happen, so that it is a feeling of suspense...

And yes I mean OOC, people would not be as adrenaline pumped if they knew the attack was coming, would be very much pointless, but as Rolle stated it will not happen.

• Emerald

Some people don't realize how much effort it takes to create a settlement and look after it. If its not the trolls that get under your skin it will be the constant attacks from bandits.

I remember back in the Desal Plant days we were getting at least 6-7 attacks a day (sometimes more), it gets to the point where you don't want to be there anymore because all you want to do is RP and not PVP.

The last thing you want to do is get home from work and then log onto another job.

• Legend

If you think about this IC wise, why in earth would a group of survivors even try to attack something so much more powerful than them selves? Just look at the firepower what CTC has, so it would be pretty much suicide to even think to attack them.

Just hold your horses until there are other settlements to attack where the defending group is not so overpowered against the attackers ;)

• Diamond

If you think about this IC wise, why in earth would a group of survivors even try to attack something so much more powerful than them selves? Just look at the firepower what CTC has, so it would be pretty much suicide to even think to attack them.

Just hold your horses until there are other settlements to attack where the defending group is not so overpowered against the attackers ;)

We'll look at the desal plant.. It was massive and a hard building to conquer if CRs were online and many lost but many won.. What I'm trying to say is people have ways to impress you when they plant the attack..

Well, while I don't agree with OP, the idea that people wouldn't try to attack something just because it is more powerful than them is ridiculous. If someone had a big gun, you were an asshole, you like big guns, and you have a group of asshole, and the people who own the big guns are all holed up in a building containing more big guns, and metal boxes on wheels with big guns on it. Would you be like, "Shit nigga they more stronk then me, not worth trying!"

Nah, you would be power hungry, and attack them, because if you died, that's sad, but if you won, you would be the most powerful group in South Zagoria.

The problem with ops idea however is, as other have already said, where is the fun in a raid if it is pre-announced, but if you didn't have to announce it beforehand there would be too much trolling. And also TP=Safe Zone.

• MVP

Well, while I don't agree with OP, the idea that people wouldn't try to attack something just because it is more powerful than them is ridiculous. If someone had a big gun, you were an asshole, you like big guns, and you have a group of asshole, and the people who own the big guns are all holed up in a building containing more big guns, and metal boxes on wheels with big guns on it. Would you be like, "Shit nigga they more stronk then me, not worth trying!"

Nah, you would be power hungry, and attack them, because if you died, that's sad, but if you won, you would be the most powerful group in South Zagoria.

The problem with ops idea however is, as other have already said, where is the fun in a raid if it is pre-announced, but if you didn't have to announce it beforehand there would be too much trolling. And also TP=Safe Zone.

There is a difference between trying to get a nicer gun and attacking an immensely powerful organisation with a ragged group of survivors.

"because if you died, that's sad". No. If you die, you are dead. It is the difference between power-hungry and suicidal. If any of the current factions were to attack an organisation with resources like the CTC, they would be obliterated. It would be suicide.

Something that people seem to be failing to understand is that the CTC numbers on the server do not accurately represent the IC number of CTC or their resources. IC the CTC are huge, OOC, there is a limited number of staff who share CTC responsibilities with their staff and RL responsibilities. That is why the safe zone was implemented. To simulate this power that can't be represented by normal means.

• Emerald

I am going to quote myself from a discussion, a discussion about the same subjec, a discussion we have had many times before.

I have had it with these recurring posts about the bloody trading post.

It is a settlement run by a Staff faction. They have CR rights because they actually want to make a settlement that lasts without turning into a constant warzone. There have been so many posts about "but what if...", "How about..." "just a little killing...", "maybe shoot a few...", "not attack, but maybe still shoot...", "Can't there be atleast some attacking..." and these can all be answered by reading the current rules.

The rules are there to actually allow for this settlement to work. Want to have a settlement where you can have firefights, resist the CRs, act upon your KoS rights... make one and be a CR.

The great thing about the current rules is that they are damn simple. Simple rules should not be hard to understand, unless you deliberately try to find a way to do or justify something that the rules specify not to do.

No hostile actions -> "say the CTC threaten to kill someone... can't we have a little bit of killing, just a little bit? Not like Altar, Desal, Ravensnest, Haven... but just a little"

Edit: Addition: Just because the TP is there, does not mean you have to go there. If it does not please you, go somewhere else. Or make another settlement.

It was posted before I myself took upon CTC duty, however the point is still valid. If it comes off as hostile, I would politely urge you to deal with it.

Edit: In addition, accurate mortar fire, helicopter gunships and a few tanks with thermal optics and 125mm high explosive projectiles can turn a raid into no value for life.

Edit2: When you are at the tradepost, or discussing the CTC you are expected to react to them IC, reflecting their IC nature. Just because there is only one tired member of staff there does not mean that you could kill him and take over the TP. You are in an outpost controlled by a major, militaristic power with access to high end military equipment and a large number of operatives.

There is a difference between trying to get a nicer gun and attacking an immensely powerful organisation with a ragged group of survivors.

"because if you died, that's sad". No. If you die, you are dead. It is the difference between power-hungry and suicidal. If any of the current factions were to attack an organisation with resources like the CTC, they would be obliterated. It would be suicide.

Something that people seem to be failing to understand is that the CTC numbers on the server do not accurately represent the IC number of CTC or their resources. IC the CTC are huge, OOC, there is a limited number of staff who share CTC responsibilities with their staff and RL responsibilities. That is why the safe zone was implemented. To simulate this power that can't be represented by normal means.

-snip- It was silly stoopid, dont listen to me.

I agree with the staff on this one. CTC have tanks right there at TP. Why would you try and attack a group that has that much firepower just in one tradepost. CTC are huge and would send a mass battalion of soldiers, tanks & helicopters if they hear that the South Zagoria TP was taken over. Plus TP is meant to be 100% safe for RP/trading. Players go there to take a time off, get to know others, etc.

• Legend

Nope.

1. The staff who have time to control the TP don't want it to become a full time job that such protection would require. Even with it being announced ahead of time we do not have the resources.

2. Hiring or using thid parties to help defend the base is a recipe for disaster. It would require certain groups be given preferential treatment and coordinating groups in defending the TP will be a nightmare. Even worse for multiple groups.

• MVP

A no from me...

I like the idea of an area you can go without the spectre of being initiated on hanging over your soldier. The occasional council attack makes everyone who is there to pull together and fight a common enemy. I think the frequency of the attacks are about right.

The rules that are set for the TP mean that the staff do not have to guard it 24/7 but generally know they can let people get on with it, without too many 'issues'. (I'm looking at you newbies, read the TP rules!)

Anyway you want settlements to attack, just have patience and wait for S1 to be populated with them.

It depends.

In the way he suggested it, ofcourse it would. But there are other ways, ways which would bring people do put a lot more effort and time into RP, alliances ect.

The restrictions he suggersted are way too easy but i had a fairly long discussion with Tomeran about this topic a while ago.

Don't find it atm, would be awesome if someone remebers where it is, but we already elaborated this topic there.

The Staff here acts like people only want to attack settlements and thats why they want to attack the TP. Well this is a RP server. Want to say, 1) not everyone wants to attack the CTC because they are PVP hungry 2) Not every group will attack other settlements, based on their relations to the owners.

Hatch mentioned valid points, points which are important in my opinion. Yet, i'm highly for a possibility to attack the TP.

The CTC still is a group which came here out of nowhere, they only builded an outpost here and aren't "natives" of South Zagoria. Even trough they have high graded gear, they are low in numbers. There are not 200 Special forces soldier sitting in the TP, ready to jump at everyone who seems Hostile.

On the current map, we have 12 CTC facilities on which the 1200 members are spread up.

BEside the main City/HQ Novy Doufani, 4 of those camps are Major camps or survivor cities: Argoya, Beloe, Novy Primorsk and Novy Miroslavl. Without doubt, most of the CTC personal is needed there.

As described in the Expanded lore thread as well as judgeing from the size of the TP and the CTC encamptment in there, there are at maximum 50 CTC people in this camp.

And thats already a lot if you look at how big the camp is, i'd say its only half of it.

Also, while CTC guards surely received proper education, their organization is based on survivors. And without their survivors, especially here in South Zagoria, they wouldn't be able to survive. They need their help in the fight against the council. They might have good gear, they might have tanks, but they're small in numbers.

While talking about this, you should also always keep in mind that from an IC-pov, many clans are bigger than their actual members. They don't only have 12 members when they area former PMC stocked up with survivors. In firefight, we don't use names, they are all Nameless soldiers and officers who die. Also, while they might not have thanks, dont underestimate "survivors" since they're not all civilians. And even if they are: THey survived for 2 years and clans who dare to attack the CTC most likely have the background to provide proper educated and equipped forces. ^^

Now, this group might be strong because of their equipment but you CAN oppose them. People WOULD oppose them. And here we have another factor that should be taken into consideration: We're all humans.

From a objective, neutral PoV, CTC is a great if not the only help against the zombies and especially the council. The logical consequence would be to support them.

But from all recorded history, we have learned that we seldom only do whats best and logical.

Humans are pretty good in endangering and killing themselves.

Ideologies, greed, hunger for power, there are things which will motive groups to attack the CTC.

This also leads to another point i'd like to mention: Attacking the CTC doesn't soley mean to wipe them out. It can also be used to "put them in their place". The purpose of the attack highly depends on the attacking force, their reasons and ideologies.

Propably they're not fully agains the CTC but since they've came here and just builded a tradepost, they might feel themselves offended if they believe they are meant to reign over these lands. So they might only want to show them not to fuck with them, want to get revenge for something or, as i said, put them in their place - below them.

The question is, how is this gonna work? A single group just attacking the CTC? Thats not possible. Especially not with this short cooldown.

No, waging war with the CTC is a way more serious step. This is a RP server after all.

And thats the spot where alliances come in. In my opinion, alliances are something which the servers pay way to little attention to.

And no, i'm not talking about those shitty ones we had before.

All former alliances were basicly created with the sole purpose of killing off one (stronger) force. They were created wuickly, without much thoughts or organization. The problem is, they are pointless. Even trough people might work together from time to time to fight a common enemy but you can bind several completely different clans with different goals and beliefs together, just based on one conflict.

Thats the mistake many made and thats the reason why alliances have sucha bad reputation.

But what i'm talking about are alliance how they would show up during these times. Similar groups with similar ideologies and goals, allies and friends form up one pact, coalition or alliance. Not only to hunt a clan down but for IC purposes.

IC-wise, the CTC isn't anything else is it? CTC isn't made out of clans but still, many survivors founded an coalition to push their goals trough.

I've worked on such projects already and these alliances are one way to actually work on your goals, something a lot of clans don't do. They write down some nice goals but many don't work on them later, not on the "Long-term-goals"

These alliances can be used to form a new goverment, to become the superior force in South Zagoria. To wipe out bandits and opposing clans, to controle certain PCBs or parts of the maps. To create an Settlement as a place to rebuild civilization.

Their IC goals can be educating survivors or helping them by handing out supplies and basic equipment.

YOu could even declare a new state and start inventing a citizenship program.

This sounds like a shit ton of work? Oh hell yeah, it is. As i said, i planned one with others for months but due to some mistakes, it didn't worked out as planned.

YOu will need good people to prepare this, you will need people to plan and manage this. You will need to build up IC relationships, to befriend with people so they trust you ect.

But this thread isn't about Coalitions.

It's a about attacks on the TP and i believe with a Coalition like this, it should be possible.

First of all, it isn't simple. It is hard, fucking hard. But if people achieve this, they have a force which is even big enough to oppose the CTC force stationed here.

They can prepare for the attack, they can gather troops & Equipment, make up plans, train their soldiers ect.

Planning is actually needed. Because in this battle, CTC would bring out tanks and armored vehicles. How are you going to disable them? Do you have MGs and explosives to do it?

After that, how are you going to take out the forces inside? You either need to kill them or, which is maybe better, make them surrender.

If you believe you have what it takes, the group can try - but if you would fail, you would suffer heavy losses. Attacks on any kind of settlement would be impossible for weeks. If you're still building up your settlement, it would be delayed due to the losses you suffered. The Winner takes it all.

And if you win... depending on how you win, there will be consequences. If CTC would get turbokernfloked, CTC would be gone... for a few days, until reinforcements arrive. Safezone gone and the winners can play owner for a few days.

But this would make it interesting because negotiantions with the new CTC forces would be neccesary so it doesn't happens again. The CTC is also a survivor force and they can't afford it to loose so many men for a new outpost. Without the support of the survivors and people rising against them, they would need adapt themselves.. Same applies if CTC survives but gets defeated. At the end they got defeated, they have to ackknowledge the strenght of the other party.

But i believe the scale of the battle already shows that it won#t be an random attack. It should most likely be an planned event as well. Trough this, there can be enough staff online to represent CTC, there can be enough attackers to represent their side. Also, there could be random civilians who can decide what they're going to do in such a situation.

Both sides would get a certain amount of soldiers (lifes). Once one side lost all soldier or surrenderd/retreated, it's over.

The idea of CTC sending a huge amount of soldiers, Tanks and Helis is funny. CTC have many places to deal with and South Zagoria is a fairly small and new location for them. They don't have unending ressources or troops, all of them are needed somewhere. They could maybe send some reinforcements but most likely not as much as people imagine. They aren't the UN, Nato, US Army, Russia or name any other pre-apocalypse faction who could do something like this.

For them, there would be no point in setting up a camp if the local population rises against them.

Only because they have better equipment, CTC can't expect to get no problems at all.

Still, i agree with the point that the actual TP ingame is meant as a safezone. Random attack every few hours shouldn't be allowed, no matter how big the clan is. Attack on settlements should be a lot harder anyways. You have to consider it from an IC-pov