Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 00:23

Instant death/player freezing

• Sapphire

Describe the issue: I had logged in to meet up with the rest of SVR who were in TradePost. Septimus was talking to Dax I think so I went over to them and said hello.

Shortly after that my player froze and I was unable to move with my mouse or keyboard, then I fell over dead and the you have 5 seconds to respawn message popped up but before the time had run out, my screen when a greyish white. I had to ALT+F4 to exit the game.

EDIT: Would like to add that on Sov's screen I fell over and my body sank through the ground like what happens when you log out sometimes but when I logged back in, I was a fresh-spawn.

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand? I've had the problem with my character freezing on the spot and not being able to move and even once got teleported over the ocean before my screen went greyish-white.

It seems to be related to when my internet speed is severely reduced as I don't get this issue at all when it's at normal speed.

Time, server and location of this occurring? ~22:57, S2 and TradePost

• Legend

It seems to be problem with Antihack not loading/running for you. Asked Tamaster and he told to verify your game cache.

• Sapphire

It seems to be problem with Antihack not loading/running for you. Asked Tamaster and he told to verify your game cache.

Okay I'll give that a go and see if it works.

Just verified the integrity of my game cache for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and then ran Arma 2, followed by Arma 2: OA, then DayZRP and when I logged in, it did it again after a few seconds.

Okay, tried it again and I seem to be able to play without the issue occurring. Hopefully it has been fixed!

• MVP

If verifying didnt help you may be correct with the net issue, excessively slow net would interrupt the connection between your client and the serverside AH

• Sapphire

If verifying didnt help you may be correct with the net issue, excessively slow net would interrupt the connection between your client and the serverside AH

Yeah, like I said in the OP, I only get the issue when my internet is really slow but it seems to have worked itself out for now and have been playing for a while and have yet to be kicked.

Still sucks that I randomly fell over and died in TP but oh well!

• MVP

Sweet, I'll mark as solved for now.

If it come sip again just post here :)

I posted about this earlier this week and now its happening again I verified game cache and happened again 2 minutes ago. It might be because of slow internet but its normally average speed (slow to others) and I've been fine with logging in. Didn't start happening till about 2 weeks ago. So I don't know what is going on.

Things I've tried so far

- Verified Game Cache (didn't work for me)

- Deleted every DayZ game mod (overwatch,epoch,etc) except for DayZRP and DayZ

P.S : Only happens for me when I log in not when im playing mid session.

• Sapphire

I posted about this earlier this week and now its happening again I verified game cache and happened again 2 minutes ago. It might be because of slow internet but its normally average speed (slow to others) and I've been fine with logging in. Didn't start happening till about 2 weeks ago. So I don't know what is going on.

Things I've tried so far

I think for me it was an internet speed issue and the anti-hack wasn't being loaded fast enough.

It always happened to me after just logging in and never mid-session as well but since my internet speed has returned to normal I haven't had this problem since.

Things I've tried so far

If nothing really works you could try reinstalling your whole game.