Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 22:36

What do you think about TP?

Guest renen2001

What do you think about my idea (it is in the post)  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest renen2001

(After all this was just made so I (and outers) could share opinions, and now after so many replies…I guess I was a bit wrong in the post. Thanks to everyone that replied (or will reply) and shared an opinion and once again, this is not for hating on TP, just to see people’s ideas and opinions on it.

And to all Devs I would say that you guys made TP look great and you have good talent, so I hope you will make more buildings, camps, etc)

As you all probably know that the “Trade Post” have been In the game for some time now, and I am sure we all got different opinions about it.

I think it is a good concept in theory, but in practice I think it is a to big game changer, and drags people out of Chernarus and makes people stay in TP. Sure people does some great RP there some times, but many times it is quiet and just some small talk. Sure small talk is a part of RP but still.

I think people are to safe in there.

I understand that it is needed for the lore, but I think I know how to fix it.

If clans was in a war with CTC and had over…let’s say 17 members, they could attack it just as any outer settlement. It would make people haw to defend it and it could be some cool fights and some good RP in the chaos.

But that is just what I think, what do you think about the Trade post and do you like my idea? (I will post a poll for the idea)

• Titanium

I've got opinions on Trade Post and they're mostly negative, it's why I'm barely there. My experiences there have been poor RP wise and I've grown unattached and couldn't care for the place. It's really well put together (the effort Devs put into building it) but I think it's too much of a hotspot, I like my encounters out in the wild and completely improvised along the way.

• Emerald

From what I hear as of late not many people have been in TP, I think the hotspot now is Cherno. I like the TP and I believe it should stay in, its a place for the campfire rper to enjoy themselves...

There have been many threads on this and it was kept to a main one which was inevitably closed I believe. I am against the TP, but it doesn't matter. It's staying.

• Emerald

This thread is going to get closed fast, It always turns into players flaming admins and 'Fuck TP' Argument, There have been threads such as this before, Like quite a few. The TP will stay as rolle has said, It will not be removed as some people like it some people dont thats why there is going to be three servers and one with player settlements and one with TP. But if this is just a poll seeing general opinions? Then I am just going to state I dislike the way the place is executed the idea is good, But the rules protect lots of trolls and hostile actions from being stopped properly IC

• Sapphire

There's already a discussion if not many about this.

• Emerald

The whole "Oh noe everyone is in TP and not out and about" excuse for wanting to attack the trade post seems a tad silly. When the trade post was first released there was quite a lot of people in it constantly but more recently you're lucky if there are even ten people inside. It does not "drag people out of Chernarus" and I'm not sure what lead you to this belief.

You should also consider the CTC has way more manpower and assets than any group (player groups at least) in Chernarus and you would be foolish to even try and attack trade post from an IC standpoint, it would just be a suicide mission.

There are also many other threads like this with similar/the same suggestions and the answer has been no.

Okay here is the thing with attacking TP: Civilians. A LOT of people will be mis ID-ed. The solution to this won't be to just ask the civilians to leave cause they might get shot. During the attack you can't just send a message or a poke saying: //ooc let's let the civs leave and then start the shooting k? There are other situations where this would go bad so let's just put it simply and say that it will be a massive cluster fuck. Also why bother attacking a group that have tanks right at the camp you are about to attack.

Guest whitepointer

I do not hate it, nor do I love it. I personally do not enjoy spending too much time there , yet I enjoy myself when I make some occasional visits.

It's all a matter of choice and personal preference. At the end of the day, no one is being forced to visit and that's why I see no harm in it's creation.

Guest renen2001

I didn’t know Cherno was the new hotspot…I have been there and I have seen loads of people, but I thought they all was in the same clan. So Im sorry for my incorrect post, but in DayZRP im mostly on the road and don’t get to TP so often, so I thought it still was a hotspot.

If we have settlements working I believe the TP should be removed. Its these settlements where the trades need to happen.

Then rules of attacking settlements can be implemented accordingly to prevent spamming of attacks.

I think that TP would be more special if it wasn't open all the time, more like a weekend thing deal, would make more sense, people have been playing all week and have more stuff to go and trade, it would also be more appreciated IMO when treated more as an event.

I really dont see why people just continue with this , the simple answer is if you dont like the TP then dont go to it , no one is forced at gunpoint or knife point or any point to go to the TP .

The TP is not there for you to change the way you play it was put there as a respite for some people when you need it. To me it seems that more and more people are just getting to much into wanting to attack everything and the way some talk they would be happy if kos was allowed. This is about RP not about gloating how many players you killed its about living a story and playing your part in a big movie scene being run 24 hrs a day.

Sorry for rant :)

I really dont see why people just continue with this , the simple answer is if you dont like the TP then dont go to it , no one is forced at gunpoint or knife point or any point to go to the TP .

The TP is not there for you to change the way you play it was put there as a respite for some people when you need it. To me it seems that more and more people are just getting to much into wanting to attack everything and the way some talk they would be happy if kos was allowed. This is about RP not about gloating how many players you killed its about living a story and playing your part in a big movie scene being run 24 hrs a day.

Sorry for rant :)

This excuse about playing on S1 or not going there is complete bullshit and really "grinds my gear".

The thing people hate is that they dont meet people outside the tp. S1 is mostly completely empty so people hop on S2 but all the players are camping at the TP instead. The S1 option is an excuse to keep the TP going, but it isn't right because you want to play with people but you dont want them inside the TP all day. So the choices are either to play by yourself on S1 or play on S2 with the TP on it.

So many other clans have been able to host great settlements where you can do your damn trading without these rules protecting them, why cant CTC host it without it then?

Guest renen2001

You have a point, and I guess I am just to nostalgic and can’t stop hoping the old Prud lake days will return. I am even thinking of setting Prud as my home base :P

You have a point, and I guess I am just to nostalgic and can’t stop hoping the old Prud lake days will return. I am even thinking of setting Prud as my home base :P

The days with prud was soooo much better. It was popular and there was raids. Great place :) .... Before TP came and stol everyone :(

Guest The Reverend

Personally, I think it would be quite cool to be able to attack The Trade Post, but there must be certain limitations:

1) A clan can only attack the Trade Post if the have more than 12 people available online.

2) There must be a valid reason for there to be an initiation on the Trade Post - the clan was banned from TP, or the CTC have some valuable items there.

3) The clan must advertise the attack in the Events section, so that people will know what is happening, and won't KOS Report everyone.

Oh, and it must be a clan that is attacking the Trade Post, not just a group of survivors ( ;) )

• MVP

I've got opinions on Trade Post and they're mostly negative, it's why I'm barely there. My experiences there have been poor RP wise and I've grown unattached and couldn't care for the place. It's really well put together (the effort Devs put into building it) but I think it's too much of a hotspot, I like my encounters out in the wild and completely improvised along the way.

This.

The Trade-Post is less of a Trade Post and more of a ... well, a Care Bear Fortress. :o

And I can't imagine the mayhem that would ensue if people were allowed to attack it. The reports boards would go apeshit, IMO.

• MVP

I have a feeling this thread, like others, will rather quickly deteriate. But just in case I am wrong, here's my two cents.

First of all, this:

The myth that the TP drains people from all over the server to huddle in the safety of its walls.

This has always been there, since day 1. It was a prediction before day 1 even, because it was a problem that plagued the old TP.

When people spoke of it back then we said: "Give it time." Because true enough, when the TP was fresh, there was a lot of people there. I think our record was 40/60. That was insane. Gradually over time those numbers dwindled. Less and less people started going there, yet somehow the rumours and the "myth" that everyone went there all the time persisted. Maybe it was because sound ranges in the TP made it seem like more people were present then there actually was, or maybe people were just making shit up. Probably a combination of both.

But today? Frankly you got to be under a hallucigenic drug or have a very strange definition of "a lot of people" if you think the TP is "overcrowded" and "constantly drains people off the map to huddle within its safe walls." today. Its practicly a ghost town most of the time. Rarely even during peak hours do you see more then 5-10 people there. Sure there may be some traffic in the area still, but they dont huddle within the walls and if nothing else are just easier targets for bandits.

That's both a good and a bad thing. Its good because it hallows out this very argument that people have been using and because it spreads people out on the map, but its bad because one can begin to question why its there in the first place if noone's using it. Still, maybe an average traffic of 5-10 is balanced, maybe its something to strive for. With the new settlements coming up, maybe that number will be reduced or stay the same as there's certainly some players in this community that do appreciate it, and dont want to see it removed.

One can argue why its a ghost town, may be for a whole mess of reasons, and I think the lack of trade emphasis is one of them.

Second:

The TP has failed to provide sufficent quality of RP for its residents.

This is one common piece of criticism that I can sort of agree with, to some extent. Not as "fervently" as some others, because I've been at the TP quite a lot and I've had some really good experiences with it. But it would be really ignorant of me to state that there hasnt been issues either.

We've had certain people misbehaving as CTC and sometimes I can agree the way the CTC has been handled has been...far from ideal.

In the end however? I think fatigue has settled in to the extent where staff dont really care for doing much CTC duty anymore. Its an incredibly ungrateful thing to do. You're only slandered ingame and then you're slandered out of game and on the forums for it as well. Often it isnt a particurly entertaining thing to do at the place either, especielly recently when there's barely any people there to interact with. It has drained the staff's enthusiasim over the project because of the way in many times it has been met by certain members of the community.

And the TP isnt always an easy place to guard. Trolls arent as frequent as they used to be in the rushed and stressy days, but they're still occassionally present. Often dealt with very quickly, but it takes just one incident for people to often judge the quality of RP at the TP to be under all scrutiny. So there are times when I think the RP quality at the TP has been too harshly judged and when people havent given it enough of a chance, or valued the good moments enough in contrast to its bad moments. Because it surely has its bad moments.

And third:

"The TP as a safezone doesnt make sense in a realistic apocalypse, we should be able to wreck the place."

There is and there isnt some credit to this piece of criticism at the same time.

There's credit to it because in certain cases the hostility and diplomacy of the CTC faction hasnt been too smothly handled. It wasnt expected that countless people would want to wage war on the faction at the TP, and it was not adapted to be a PvP relief faction. It ended up being the case though, especielly as a few clans inevitably couldnt adapt to the "safety bubble" and the conditions around the TP(with the CTC patrol routes).

Im not going to list specific examples, but I think numerous problems have arisen with how the CTC sometimes has chosen to deal with aggression towards itself as a faction. Once it became clear a lot of people were very interested in roleplaying out some sort of conflict with the CTC, we should've spun it into the RP it had potential for rather then closed the door. Sure, there is complications with waging a PvP war against a staff faction, most notably because the staff tends to be very busy, but there should've been compromises and ideas that could've at least partially settled this. I cant wipe myself away from all the guilt there, I did make some mistakes in that regard, but at the same time I wont take full responsibility for all the descicions made then because I was never in full control of how the faction was being handled.(far from it)

There may be some changes coming up post-patch in this regard, especielly in relation to the other settlements, and im curious to see how that goes.

On the other hand, one can spin this problem and the argument the other way around. Because a more COMMON complaint has been about the nature of the safety bubble itself and that bandits suddenly cant raid the TP 24/7, and that people are just brandishing fancy gear in there that they cant steal.

This is and probably never will be an argument I have any understanding or sympathy for. In the vast majority of cases it seems to originate from sheer gear-greed and hostility towards other players in the community. It has been difficult for proponents of this argument to understand that a lot of people are not interesting in living in a pure PvP atmosphere, that there's a different aspect to a -survival- game rather then robbing for gear. The TP was always meant as a place of escape for them as well as a place for trade(although it has failed miserably in the later aspect).

And I feel that it is this later argument that has upset a fair few many people, because a large portion of this community do seem to be prefering to play as bandits who's primary interest is to steal gear from other players. While there's nothing wrong with that per se, it is wrong to have such a limited perspective to not care about other people's gaming experience and preferances. If bandits here will go "well what about our preferances" I can easily counter with the fact that all bandits have been perfectly free to raid the bejeezus out of every settlement and PCB that have ever existed since the previous TP. And that was over 18 months ago.

And the only solid argument that bandits had were "we're running out of victims! The TP is taking them all!". And that argument now, seeing the TP population figures, is simply put an inaccurate one.

End conclusion of Tomeran text wall that too few will probably bother to read anyway.

I was not particulrly convinced of the TP project when it launched, but when it did launch I gave it whatever support I could muster. And it has sort of ended up better then I feared but worse then I could've hoped for. Because I dont think its a disaster, and I dont think there's isnt a foundation for its existance. In fact I think we should keep it.

But at the same time I think there is a clear need for reform. We shouldnt stick our heads in the sand and be ignorant of the substantial problems with it. True, those problems are sometimes blown way out of proportion, but that doesnt necessarily mean they all originate from issues that dont exist.

In summary, I'd want to see a much bigger emphasis on trade(which we'll do post-patch), less council attacks(which will also take place), reform of the TP structure itself( which I -think- the devs are working on) and some sort of hostility option towards the CTC(which is a bit uncertain and out of my hands). Maybe not hostility at the TP itself but towards the faction in general. It would be good to make the place more of an "alternative" for those people that want to prefer its safety over the high risk of attack that will frequent the other settlements, but also keep it and have it live up to its intended purpose as a trade hub. The current traffic isnt an issue, and if its kept somewhere in that level with the other issues sorted then I can definetly see it going the right way.

Its still a trial-and-error procedure, and I dont think its an experiment quite worth giving up on yet. Its just one that needs a bit of adjustment to work properly. And once the patch is out, there will be some serious adjusting. Time will tell if they're the right ones.