Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 22:52

Quick computer question

Yuval

I've been considering upgrading my I5 2400 to a newer CPU for a year or so, and hearing of ArmA loving CPU power, i instantly tought of a I7 4770K, but looking at benchmarks, it seems as the difference from an I5 and an I7 is barely excisting. haven't seen an ArmA 2/3 benchmark to compare these CPU's so i can't tell how it is when it comes to arma.

Does anyone here know if i will any difference in FPS from a 4670K to a 4770K in ArmA? Thanks for the help!

• Legend

My understanding is that the I5 is generally better for gaming than the I7.

That said, I have an I7, because I don't do my homework.

... actually, I got the I7 because I intended on doing some virtualization with my PC, and the I7 has enhancements that make that work better than on the I5.

Well the 3570k performed exactly the same as the 3770k in arma 2, 1080p max settings on benchmarks. The 4670K and 4770k will closely follow this trend. just get the 4670k if you are primarily gaming, light video work etc.

Does anyone here know if i will any difference in FPS from a 4670K to a 4770K in ArmA? Thanks for the help!

The best way to know is to check this chart: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

There are slightly improved versions of either processor, the 4790k in particular is a beast. For me, if I had the option of both I would go for the 4790k but I am a video editor. For ARMA 2/3 and gaming in general the 4690k would be great though.