Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 02:30

The PayPal Question

Doc

Hello fellow members of DayZRP,

So recently, I have created a PayPal account in order to conduct business and daily transactions with ease. Well "with ease" isn't the phrase I would use. Setting up a PayPal account has been, in the lack of better words, a bitch to do. I've had to verify my account and I basically gave up because its something I never use anyway.

However, my father was understanding enough to let me use his account for a short period of time. He is the only other person in my immediate family to own one and we usually use his account as a family account. Anyway, I remembered that DayZRP used PayPal to accept donations. Since I didn't want to use his credit card information or bank account, I looked for alternative methods to add money to the PayPal account. There was a thing called Green Dot MoneyPak, as well as gift cards sold at my local CVS pharmacy. In order to add money to his account though, I have had to have him validate his information such as evidence of ID and a copy of a utility bill. Though we are still in the process of waiting for the information to be checked, I decided to see how donating would play out once money was added to the account.

Turns out I can't donate after all. There are no options whatsoever to donate using money on the account. When donating, the options I am given are to use either his credit card or link his bank account. I am not about to do that, especially to a site on the internet, no matter how safe.

Is there any ways to solve this dilemma? Though there is no money on the account yet, is there a possibility for a third option when donation instead of using a credit card of bank account?

This whole dilemma angers me, not only because I can't donate, but just the trouble I have had with PayPal. Also, since I can't donate, I'll be stuck with the civ female, female soldier (gift), and civilian 1 (gift) until the anniversary role around, I am gifted a skin by a generous community member, Christmas roles around, or a fully resolve this crisis. None of the skins I have fit me character properly.

Thanks,

Doc Hans

As far as I'm aware, we only accept Paypal and Credit/Debit cards I'm afraid.

Well, I know that, but PayPal gives you the option of linking your credit card or bank account. What I'm setting out to find is whether or not by adding money to the account via a PayPal card, will I be able to donate using that money from that card or will I have to link either the bank account or credit card anyways?

• Emerald

As far as I'm aware, we only accept Paypal and Credit/Debit cards I'm afraid.

Well, I know that, but PayPal gives you the option of linking your credit card or bank account. What I'm setting out to find is whether or not by adding money to the account via a PayPal card, will I be able to donate using that money from that card or will I have to link either the bank account or credit card anyways?

Pretty sure you can just add money to your paypal without linking/adding bank account.

• Server Manager

You don't need a PayPal account to donate, just choose "Don't have PayPal account" on the left once you're sent to PayPal and enter your personal and CC information, done.

Guest Phalix

You don't need a PayPal account to donate, just choose "Don't have PayPal account" on the left once you're sent to PayPal and enter your personal and CC information, done.

Okay, so the dilemma of not wanting to post CC info- here's your loophole.

http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/reloadablecards.jsp

The prepaid cards you can buy at cashiers and stuff.

They can be a bitch, but if you are truly scared to post CC info, then that's your best bet.

Ok, so a quick update to this problem:

I got the account validated with all the proper information and added the money from the My Cash Card. When trying to donate, I no longer am given the option to link the bank account or credit card. Is this because money is now on the account?

• Legend

Ok, seeing as you have donated it seems that you have managed to solve the issue ;)

For future reference. This is not really a question that is conected to the Dayzrp Mod. I would recommend if it is a non RP or mod related question post it in the Off Topic area of the forums.

//marking as solved