Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 11:42

Remove vehicles from the donation shop

Roland

Remove the vehicles from the donation shop?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Server Manager

To further reduce the pay2win factor that many have been complaining about I suggest removing all vehicles from the donation shop and returning to the normal way of acquiring vehicles - by finding and repairing them ingame.

Not only will that decrease the vehicle inflation, it will also make all vehicles much more valuable and fix the uneven vehicle spawn rates (natural choppers spawning very rarely). It would also allow us to use automated restarts, which would increase consistency of the restarts, reliability and stability of the server.

Instead - to raise money for the server - we would be adding quite a few unique skins to the donation shop when our own DayZ mod version is finished. These will be permanent and will include 5€ and 10€ skins. There will most likely also be bulk sales for clan skins.

Thoughts, comments?

• Emerald

Thumbs up for new skins. Perhaps you only could keep the "small" vehicles in the shop like the ATVs and bikes?

• Emerald

Sorry! D: I'd have to give this a hearty NOOOO.

Yes, it's all I can say. I mean, this is clearly an advantage to donate money for vehicle and some people just can't afford this.

By removing the vehicule system from the donation shop, you increase the level of immersion and by adding a skin and a clan skin system, you increase much more the level of immersion. This is perfect since I was waiting for this. So yes, do it remove the vehicles !

EDIT : I am not against the idea of keeping small vehicle like bike etc. I voted YES* but keep in mind that I clearly want to remove overpowered vehicle like SUV or the Ural.

I like the idea, but what will you do with the rest of the money? Ie. I have 40€ ingame credits and I don't want to use all of 'em to skins + I assume that you'll still be able to spawn rest of your vehicles if this happens.

More vehicles = less walking. No one wants to walk everywhere. If someone buys it, it can give someone else that might rob it a chance to get a car. Also, cars are not overpowered, when there is a lot of cars

This is not really a pay to win because if you want to hide your car, its very likely it will be takin, or maybe someone will take it by making a roadblock.

But i do like the idea of clan skins and such for the new mod whatever it is. Maybe focus on getting rid of the cars that are almost never purchased, and leave only the basic

UAZ, Land Rover, SUV and a helix.

But i do like the idea of clan skins and such for the new mod whatever it is. Maybe focus on getting rid of the cars that are almost never purchased, and leave only the basic

UAZ, Land Rover, SUV and a helix.

More like the oposite, remove those

Guest Sockervadd

I like to have special vehicles in the game like a SUV, that is so nice to have. So i voted to take it away, but maybe do so some different vehicles spawns? Like maybe have 1 hmmwv medical, 1 gaz-vodnik etc. SO its just not the old boring ones. Later maybe you should make a new spawn for all vehicles so we dont have a map for it?

• MVP

General idea of removing donation vehicles is good.

But removing all of them is

a) harsh,

b) wont allow ingame helpers (like Moblos and such) to provide services ( as they dont have time /resources to get a vehicle AND provide for example medical services)

c) There are possibly people with credits on loose that may want to use them on some vehicles as they are not going to buy 3/4 skins

Removing vehicles and leaving few basic types would be a fair compromise. All in all vehicles change owners quickly :P But allowing few basic ones the service providers can continue with their jobs and will allow credit hoarders to get vehicle as well :)

I would suggest a medium solution :

Leave donation shop with:

-bicycle,

-motorbikes

-atvs

-toyota hilux

-UAZ

-VW Golf (for supporters etc)

-Bus

This way we have vehicles worth buying but not too OP. This will make other vehicles gain more value (Land rover, SUV, Urals). Hell... maybe if amount of donation vehicles would cut down we could increase a bit (of 5 ?) natural spawned ones ?

General idea of removing donation vehicles is good.

But removing all of them is

a) harsh,

b) wont allow ingame helpers (like Moblos and such) to provide services ( as they dont have time /resources to get a vehicle AND provide for example medical services)

c) There are possibly people with credits on loose that may want to use them on some vehicles as they are not going to buy 3/4 skins

Removing vehicles and leaving few basic types would be a fair compromise. All in all vehicles change owners quickly :P But allowing few basic ones the service providers can continue with their jobs and will allow credit hoarders to get vehicle as well :)

I would suggest a medium solution :

Leave donation shop with:

-bicycle,

-motorbikes

-atvs

-toyota hilux

-UAZ

-VW Golf (for supporters etc)

-Bus

This way we have vehicles worth buying but not too OP. This will make other vehicles gain more value (Land rover, SUV, Urals). Hell... maybe if amount of donation vehicles would cut down we could increase a bit (of 5 ?) natural spawned ones ?

The bicycle while may not appear to be OP is the best 'vehicle' to have in Dayz in my opinion.

It's fast on or off road. It doesn't make an engine sound, it attracts zombies from a distance but a player would never know you're coming. It's the easiest of all things to hide. Requires no fuel. Easiest of all things to repair.

That being said. It would be the most realistic thing to have a lot of in a world where fuel is hard to get as well as there would realistically be a lot of them around.

• Emerald

Would be great, as long as more custom vehicle spawns are added! Fore example, There is only one Ural on the map naturally. This could be increased to 2 or more, or maybe if people like Urals being a rare commodity, leave it at 1.

My only qualm is for the "Perks" of being a supporter and things that are already purchased and in players Donation Inventories. If I have the Golf that I got as a gift, would I still get to spawn it if you got rid of buying it in the store?

Also, skins are awesome... but I can see purchases coming in as a big wave when they are released, but after that you won't see much money at all once everyone has the skin(s) that they want.

• Emerald

Here are my thoughts: high number of vehicles is not the current issue in the server or in DayZ. It makes perfect sense that vehicles stay usable and in high quantity after a plague. It's not like the car gets turned. The donation shop need not be removed, just modified for fairness and fun. Here are my proposals for decreasing vehicle inflation and pay-to-win donation features.

Proposal 1: Reduce or get rid of fuel tanks from the server map. By this I mean the large propane tanks that allow you to refill jerry cans. Rocket himself says he is going to take a "More cars, less fuel." philosophy in the development of the Standalone. This makes plenty of sense. This not only makes vehicles harder to maintain, but limits the usage. Even if a player owns the SUV, they would only use it when enough fuel is gathered for an important mission or destination, and the vehicle would be used sparingly. I would see them used in pick ups, patrols for crashes at restart, long voyages, etc. This makes it much more realistic and a bit more fair.

Removing the fuel tanks would require increasing the chance or number of jerry cans in the loot table.

Proposal 2: Make vehicle purchases random. You could give the donor a list of tiers. Much like the loot system in DayZ, the higher tiers have a higher chance of spawning good stuff. So buying a 2.5$ pack will give you a common chance of ATV or motorcycle and a rare chance of a sedan. The 5$ pack makes the sedan common, the small vehicles and pick up as rare. Etc. Therefore, even if you paid 5$, you still may have a chance of getting a vehicle from the lower tier.

Proposal 3: Make donor vehicles only common vehicles. The rarity of the huey, SUV, URALs and such should remain in the game and be wiped from the donation shop. It should be left to basic vehicles that would be commonly found in the apocalypse like sedans, non-offroad pickups, and bicycles. Even motorized small vehicles are questionable, seeing as they're less common IRL.

Proposal 4: Require in-game items as part of purchase. Requiring something in-game to be used for purchases will decrease the chances of a noobie coming in, grabbing a motorbike from the donation shop with the money he donated to skip the whitelist application (making it easy for a derp or troll to get in, get a vehicle, and go), and driving to NWAF to troll regulars and clan members. Whether you want the in-game cost to require time investments (like massive amounts of tin cans) or chance and realism based (so much scrap metal, wheels, engine parts, etc.) is up to you. But this could definitely increase the difficulty for new players like myself to cheat their way into a higher in-game status.

Example: An old whitelist server I played on allowed groups of 3 or more people to purchase a custom building, camo net, etc. if they had specific materials.

Proposal 5: Have a group size minimum for larger vehicles. For instance, a group of two could only buy a small vehicle. A group of three or more can buy a sedan. Etc.

• MVP

Proposal 2: Make vehicle purchases random. You could give the donor a list of tiers. Much like the loot system in DayZ, the higher tiers have a higher chance of spawning good stuff. So buying a 2.5$ pack will give you a common chance of ATV or motorcycle and a rare chance of a sedan. The 5$ pack makes the sedan common, the small vehicles and pick up as rare. Etc. Therefore, even if you paid 5$, you still may have a chance of getting a vehicle from the lower tier.

This would make Rolle the richest man in the world! Haha, nobody can resist random vehicle packages.

I do agree with some of the things you say though.

I don't think we should completely remove all of the fuel tanks in chenarus, but at least leave 2-3. It would make gameplay more interesting if we bottle necked refilling vehicles (It would create much more battles and interactions with other players.

I don't believe in limiting what a person could buy in the current donation list. It's their money, they should be able to buy whatever they want. I do agree that we need to start limiting what can be purchased (to avoid 80 vehicles on the map), but not limiting what they can buy (i.e have to get in-game items to buy something, or they can't buy a heli just because they aren't in a group).

Remove the op vehicles like the SUV and the Handrover. I got robbed from my blue slow car by a probally just spawned in landrover. People will buy less vehicles if those are not spawnable. Maybe add some vehicle spawns to raise the amount of vehicles to counter the frequentie problem.

• Emerald

Yes and no, Maybe reduce the amount of available vehicles like SUV etc.

• MVP

Fuel ideas already posed:

www.dayzrp.com/t-fuel-system

Try not to implement a random chance system. That is a bad feature that has been implemented into many of the freemium titles recently. It exploits players and forces them into buying packages where they only wanted one item. While I can see what your aim is, I don't think it applies when people are donating to the server and being rewarded for doing so.