Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 22:18

Ban appeal, trolling?

Burgz

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

None

Why the verdict is not fair:

I believe the verdict was not fair, simply because my actions were not trolling whatsoever. I think the admin who issued it, jumped the gun and instantly banned me without any thought behind it. I was attempting to RP my obvious dislike for the way I had been disregarded and refused entry to the TP. In return I received some roleplay, and then a swift bullet to the back of my head.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I arrive at the TP with my car and a friend comes out to meet me. We decide over TS that it would create better roleplay if we eventually become friends IC instead of assuming we know everything about one another.

So, I walk to the entrance and I am requested to give ID. I tell the man my name is Goblin, given to me by my founders and saviours the Imperial Dragons, he tells me 'that's cute' but I have to give legitimate ID. I stutter and think of what to do. I run to my car and RP writing my name down on paper for the man. I then give him the paper and he then says something like 'If you want to joke around with me then you can leave', to which I think I just muttered no and few times.

I told him I didn't have any ID and he replies telling me I cannot come in and I say this is stupid. 'Why on earth I would carry ID around at a time like this?'

I then park my car across the gate entrance, in which he is not happy with. I tell him it is a peaceful protest and later he says, 'I suppose it is a free world after-all'.

He also tells me that if I block any legitimate people from entering then he may have to remove me with lethal force. He mentions a couple more times about shooting/killing me, to which I later reply 'If I go down, you go down with me' which I agree, was a little stupid being as he has CR rights an' all.

A car then wants to leave, so I 'flip him the bird' and get in my car, moving it, allowing them to leave the TP. Afterwards, I make sure no other cars want to leave and that the gate is close. I then move back into my previous position.

People inside begin to inadvertently talk about disposing/killing me, which in itself is a rule break.

I am then told to leave or I would be shot, it was much more serious now and appeared as if Othuyeg wanted to strictly follow the initiation rules, which is fine, so I decided to comply. He gives me 10 seconds. I turn, go towards him and type *spits*. I then turn around, going back towards my car and am shot in the back of the head.

I bolded out part of this text because it shows you his direct threat. If I were to stop people entering then I would have to be killed. I do not do this. At any point, at all.

If anything, I feel the only rule break here was Caesar and that would be KOS. I was complying and had been given 10 seconds to do so, and within the time-limit provided, I moved over to my car and was shot before I could drive away.

I feel this decision to ban and kill me were both rushed and unjust and I genuinely feel wrong and mis-treated in this situation.

Thanks for reading.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I would like the ban and the warning points completely removed and maybe even an apology for what I see as an extremely unjust ban.

What could you have done better?:

I'd say not roleplayed, but I wouldn't be taken seriously. I could have left straight away, disregarding any chance to roleplay out an interesting situation that was my prevention of entry to the TP.

This rule has not changed at all....

760x117http://puu.sh/afy2e/fe3d1d450c.png[/img]

So my question to you is, why go up to TP and cause such a disturbance for? Why were you trying to hide your identity and when told to leave why block anyone from entering and exiting?

You are warned to leave by an armed guard and spit at him. Im trying to understand what role play sense it makes.

It seems that you went up there to strictly provoke and cause a scene.

This rule has not changed at all....

So my question to you is, why go up to TP and cause such a disturbance for? Why were you trying to hide your identity and when told to leave why block anyone from entering and exiting?

I was not hiding my identity, as mentioned in the OP, all I am aware of is my name being Goblin as that is what the Dragons have named me. I was peacefully protesting outside, and when someone mentioned 'blocking people' (a civ), I told them it was just so people could see me and know what the CTC have done or something like that.

I never blocked anyone from entering or exiting the TP.

• Legend

The CTC is fully allowed to deny you entry for any good reason. Failure to give acceptable identification is one reason why we may deny entry. If we did not reserve this right then anyone could demand entry without us knowing who we are letting in.

Furthermore you behavior was incredible concerning.

1. You blockaded the entrance creating a nuisance and in general affecting the flow of the trade-post.

2. When asked to move you refused most requests. Only once did you actually move after which you decided to move back. You do not have a right to decide who can pass and when.

3. When you were given a final warning you decided to display machismo and spit rather than show any inclination you were actually complying with the given orders.

These factors mixed with your replies created the impression that you were in fact trolling.

You claim that this was all done in an attempt to RP. However in no way did you attempt to give an indication as to why you could not provide a reasonable excuse as to why you did not 'know' your name. Furthermore you could have role-played without causing a disruption to the traffic. You could have even protested peacefully, however we could not leave you in the position where you could disrupt traffic.

The failure to move when asked as well as the fact that you were given plenty of opportunity to do so and continue role playing indicated that your may intention was to be an annoyance. I personally do not believe the claim that it was all done in RP. It seems like an attempt to justify it after the fact.

I will also mention that you were only given three (3) days in your ban. The normal amount is seven (7).

Some quotes that support the idea that you were intending to provoke and disrupt role-play at the TP.

"This man is an idiot"

"If I go down, you go down with me"

"I am not in your trade post, you cannot order me around"

All of this shows a combative attitude, this by itself is not so much the issue. The issue is that you continued to try and cause interference to the trade post on your terms.

The CTC is fully allowed to deny you entry for any good reason. Failure to give acceptable identification is one reason why we may deny entry. If we did not reserve this right then anyone could demand entry without us knowing who we are letting in.

Furthermore you behavior was incredible concerning.

1. You blockaded the entrance creating a nuisance and in general affecting the flow of the trade-post.

2. When asked to move you refused most requests. Only once did you actually move after which you decided to move back. You do not have a right to decide who can pass and when.

3. When you were given a final warning you decided to display machismo and spit rather than show any inclination you were actually complying with the given orders.

These factors mixed with your replies created the impression that you were in fact trolling.

You claim that this was all done in an attempt to RP. However in no way did you attempt to give an indication as to why you could not provide a reasonable excuse as to why you did not 'know' your name. Furthermore you could have role-played without causing a disruption to the traffic. You could have even protested peacefully, however we could not leave you in the position where you could disrupt traffic.

The failure to move when asked as well as the fact that you were given plenty of opportunity to do so and continue role playing indicated that your may intention was to be an annoyance. I personally do not believe the claim that it was all done in RP. It seems like an attempt to justify it after the fact.

I will also mention that you were only given three (3) days in your ban. The normal amount is seven (7).

I would like you to upload the video that you have if you could, just so I have nothing wrong.

'make the movement or flow in (a passage, pipe, road, etc.) difficult or impossible'

Above is the defintion of the blockign we are speaking of, I do not fit that criteria at all. I didn't restrict anyone from getting in and out.

As for not providing a reason for not having a name, is that not a CR's place to ask? Even then, I am only instructed by the Doragonzu to speak with grunts for yes or no, so by even saying the few words I did I was kind of roleplaying a little out of my character.

The video would help a lot for me being told to leave directly because as I stated in the OP, Othuyeg had said 'It's a free world after-all', allowing me to believe that the disturbance I was causing was solely IC and not affecting anyone or thing OOC.

If I had shown no sign of complying, I would have continued to be seated next to my car and outrightly refused. I did not. I spat, walked back to my car to get in and was shot. I feel that it was rushed and somewhat lazy to shoot me and 'get it over with'.

The fact that I even made a forum post about being denied entry, shows that my intention was not to troll.

Honestly, the only thing in my mind was to roleplay my character out with new people, this was restricted and I was killed.

• Legend

Actually that definition support my thesis. Blocking includes making movement 'difficult'. You were making movement difficult by being the only person who could decide who could pass or not. If you had no such intention then you would not have placed your vehicle in front of the trade post. Even if you did not intend to stop anyone, you certainly purposefully made it seem like that was your intention.

At the moment you seem to be blaming everyone else for you not making your supposed intent clear. You are the one who decided to play a character with such limits, it is only logical that you find ways to overcome them in order to help progress RP rather then having others guess at your motives.

I can assure you that by merely grunting your responses most people would have found that even more unacceptable.

If we want to play around with definitions, lets try this one:

cf89831051.png

At this point I feel my reasoning has been expressed well enough for the reviewing staff members to make a decision. I will leave it up to them.

Actually that definition support my thesis. Blocking includes making movement 'difficult'. You were making movement difficult by being the only person who could decide who could pass or not. If you had no such intention then you would not have placed your vehicle in front of the trade post. Even if you did not intend to stop anyone, you certainly purposefully made it seem like that was your intention.

At the moment you seem to be blaming everyone else for you not making your supposed intent clear. You are the one who decided to play a character with such limits, it is only logical that you find ways to overcome them in order to help progress RP rather then having others guess at your motives.

If we want to play around with definitions, lets try this one:

If the car had not been there, I would have been stood outside looking like a person lingering outside the TP. I would not have caught anyone's eye and therefore not made any progress in my attempt to show everyone the unjust ways of the CTC and how they would happily leave a man outside to die, if he doesn't present identification.

Me choosing who can 'enter or leave' would require me to do both would it not? I did not delay people, nor not let anyone pass. I would have no reason to not let people enter because I did not have a problem with them, the problem lay with me and the CTC.

I am not blaming 'everyone else' I am blaming you and/or the staff involved for acting rash and killing me without letting me and others explore my character further and prod into his background of why he was called Goblin and as suggested by Othuyeg in a PM, maybe even give me a temporary identification. We done the exact same with a man who had no recollection of his past at Altar, he had a name...'Bourbon' I think. We gave him a fake ID and it was simple. We just asked. That was all it required. Just a question.

The definitions you have linked are perfect. Look at the first one. It is extremely open to interpretation and does not show whether or not said person has actually prevented anyone from travelling past. The next, prevent or hinder. Neither of those happened. The final one, making something difficult. What was difficult about it? The fact that cars and people had to travel through the dust my car had created. I did not delay anyone or prevent them, the two cars that left were not at the entrance and the gate was still closed when I moved my car.

Once again, I would like to repeat that my only intention was to roleplay with my new character and even created a questions thread, showing that I did not want to be doing anything wrong.

I try my hardest to avoid all bans, and have been involved in numerous firefights in which I have never been banned or (as far as I can tell) even broken a rule in one of them. An accomplishment I cherish being as I have been here a while, I care too much about DayzRP to get myself banned for a thing as ridiculous as what has been presented here today.

EDIT: I would also like to ask why there was no report made and I was just killed and banned. All cases usually go through the report section, unless they are extremely serious. For example a KOS spree, or some outright sexual RP. None of which I done. So I would like to know why this did not happen?

• Legend

Admins have the authority to take immediate action when they view that a rule has been broken. Furthermore you have the ability to appeal this decision just like any other. I would have sent you an explanation that you could have used for this appeal but you preempted this by logging onto TS and questioning the decision.

Admins have the authority to take immediate action when they view that a rule has been broken. Furthermore you have the ability to appeal this decision just like any other. I would have sent you an explanation that you could have used for this appeal but you preempted this by logging onto TS and questioning the decision.

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't aware of how that all worked. I still feel that with the report structure that this ban could have been avoided because the accusing party would have seen what my true intention was and that I hadn't intended to troll. However, by me being killed and instantly banned, it restricts what would or could have happened through the normal report structure.

• Legend

You would have been killed regardless. From our perspective it was that or let you continue to be a nuisance to other people.

You would have been killed regardless. From our perspective it was that or let you continue to be a nuisance to other people.

But I wouldn't have been because I was now leaving, before I was brutally struck in the back of my head before I could leave.

• Legend

You miss my point, it was not at all clear you were leaving. The spitting in fact lead me to the opposite conclusion which is why you were shot as well. During the entire time you were walking around your vehicle so that by itself was not indicative. You did not say anything to indicate you were leaving.

As for my video, unfortunately my shadowplay was improperly setup. It was only set to record the last 1 minute before I pressed the button. What was recorded was even less, 11 seconds to be exact. It is not informative.

You miss my point, it was not at all clear you were leaving. The spitting in fact lead me to the opposite conclusion which is why you were shot as well. During the entire time you were walking around your vehicle so that by itself was not indicative. You did not say anything to indicate you were leaving.

As for my video, unfortunately my shadowplay was improperly setup. It was only set to record the last 1 minute before I pressed the button. What was recorded was even less, 11 seconds to be exact. I am happy to upload it if you doubt that but it wont be informative.

Would you like me to have said 'I am leaving now'. That would of been weird, and not fitting to my roleplay. Instead, I went for the blunt approach of spitting and leaving without a word, however you wouldn't know because you instantaneously acted and killed me.

A shame about the video because I feel a lot of things have been exaggerated from the accusing's side and some other things inconsistent. Oh well.

EDIT: I would also like to reiterate some facts that I see as crucial to my defense.

I had already said in voice chat, I wasn't there to block cars, 'just to make sure people saw me and they would know what the CTC have done'.

The fact that Othuyeg had, although asking me to leave a few times, appeared fine with me protesting because it was a 'free world after-all'. Might I add that this was one of the main factors that lead me to assume what I was doing was within the rules, and acceptable. I did not intend to troll.

I also attempted to leave within the given '10 seconds' but was shot before I could.

Sadly, due to Caesar's video not working, none of what I said can be validated, thus leaving the admin team and community to not believe me, probably resulting in the denial of this appeal.

• Legend

http://www.twitch.tv/othuyeg/b/548432560

Luckily othuyeg was recording. Situation starts after the ~10 min mark.

For the first 10 minutes your attempts at role-play as you claim seems quite lacklustre to me. You did not give any significant role-play in order to try and address the reason why you were denied entrance. Rather you decided to become a nuisance. After this you are mostly silent.

You replied twice that if you are going down you are going to take down Othuyeg with you, indicating a very real threat to your person to move. Othuyeg demonstrated a great deal of restraint. You frankly should have been removed long before I decided to take action.

• Legend

Hi Burgz

So I watched the whole Video. You say you did try to RP but the most of the time you said nothing and stayed quiet.

You say your Character does not know the rules of the Tp? Then why don´t you play this out?

Instead your behaviour is provocative and trollish.

I would have shot you the minute you blocked the gate.

After you blocked the gate for a "peacefull protest" you did not try to roleplay out the situation. This whole situation goes on for about 30min.

I cannot believe how patient Othuyeg was.

They gave you 10seconds to move and initated correctly on you. You instead moved towards Othuyeg and Caesar to spit.

760x117http://puu.sh/afy2e/fe3d1d450c.png[/img]

You did provoke, were hostile and threatend CTC. You had enough warnings.

Outcome:

Appeal denied

Points and ban will stay

• Server Manager

/Signed, after watching the video I can't believe you're still trying to justify your actions, including blockading the road leading to TP with an argument that it was just "to get people to notice you were not let in".

Also huge props to Othuyeg for being so patient, I would've turbokerflonked you from the trade post with a force of a thousand suns after 5 minutes of such behavior.