Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 06:07

Trade post

Burgz

• Sapphire

No, however, if the CTC say to provide ID then do it. If you don't have any then give them your details.

No, however, if the CTC say to provide ID then do it. If you don't have any then give them your details.

I told him my name, I then wrote my name down for him and was still refused entry.

• Sapphire

I told him my name, I then wrote my name down for him and was still refused entry.

"Goblin"

Normally ID's have first and second names, it's up to the CTC member who is manning the gate at the time. They have the say and if they're not satisfied then tough :P

"Goblin"

Normally ID's have first and second names, it's up to the CTC member who is manning the gate at the time. They have the say and if they're not satisfied then tough :P

That's just stupid and quite frankly bad RP. I can't magic ID from a hat, I'm not going to carry it around.

Goblin is my name, do I have to restrict my RP now too?

EDIT: Thanks Othuyeg, that extremely lacked RP.

• Emerald

That's just stupid and quite frankly bad RP. I can't magic ID from a hat, I'm not going to carry it around.

I do not see how it would be in any way credible RP if I as a guard accepted a paper with the name "goblin" written on it as an identification.

Edit: In addition, I do not see how it is good roleplay to spit in someone's face when they have a machinegun trained at your face.

/Marking as solved, but not closing.

I do not see how it would be in any way credible RP if I as a guard accepted a paper with the name "goblin" written on it as an identification.

Edit: In addition, I do not see how it is good roleplay to spit in someone's face when they have a machinegun trained at your face.

/Marking as solved, but not closing.

Spit in your face? Maybe you need to recap over the situation a little. That would be powergaming, which I did not do.

I agree with you, that wouldn't be credible RP. What would of been is you attempting to RP further by asking me why my name was Goblin etc etc.

• Emerald

Looking back at the logs, you did indeed only spit, you did not define spitting on me. I apologize for that was my mistake and I fully accept that.

Jim Burton: "*spits*"

However you did walk up to me to do it. Also before that you had been given 10 seconds to move your car away from the road. Instead of complying with this, you took the action to walk up to me and spit.

You started the situation off by handing me a paper with the name Goblin, if your character wished to enter he should have made a better effort at ensuring his acceptability in the eyes of the guarding officer. The decision on refusing you entry was finalized by your character's inability to act in a civilized manner.

If you do desire to discuss this further, you may message me on the forums.

• Legend

We've already had the ID discussion. It's been decided that due to how hard it is to positively identify people in game, and the fact that corpses all have IDs due to to Arma, everyone has ID, and refusal to provide valid ID when requested is grounds for all kinds of stuff. Nobody likes it, but it's better than the alternatives.

Just don't be that guy who wanders around asking for everyone's ID for no good reason.