Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 19:46

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Guest MARTiN

Guest MARTiN

A Boeing 777 flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur comes down in Ukraine after reportedly being hit by a ground-to-air missile.

Crazy shit happening. WW3 incoming?

Real or fake?

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-plane-shot-down-with-295-on-board

Swedish - Aftonbladet/Expressen

BBC

"A defence expert has told the BBC that shooting down a plane at 10,000m (9.7 miles) would have required a long- range surface-to-air missile - possibly guided by radar.

That suggests it is unlikely it could have been downed by a portable air defence missile, or Manpad, which has a much shorter range.

The only other possibility is for an aircraft at that height to be downed by a fighter carrying air-to-air missiles.

The US will have access to satellite imagery that should be able to identify ultra-violet plumes if a long-range surface-to-air missile was fired."

Feels like you cant fuck this up, is it intentional ?

Saw the news earlier. Isn't it the second Malaysian Boeing that's being attacked? One is missing, and now this gets shot down. WTF is goin on?

Guest Otmel Strangler

Saw the news earlier. Isn't it the second Malaysian Boeing that's being attacked? One is missing, and now this gets shot down. WTF is goin on?

Well, why would there be any connection there? The two incidents are literally half a world apart from each other, with only potential human error in common.

Having said that, this might have dire consequences for how the international community treats the eastern Ukrainian conflict - depending on who's at fault. I'd rather not speculate, but I doubt Russia would be amateurish or disorganized, or even mad enough to blow a passenger airliner out of the sky.

My vote goes for any other faction with less and inferior material on either side of the conflict.

• Sapphire

I just saw it 30 min ago.

First one missing now one shot (or crashed) down.

Really weird that it is happening above Ukraine too.

Such conspiracy.

Maybe it was Ukraine to let the world think that the pro Russian rebels have advanced weapons.

Maybe it was Russia to start a way :troll:

Maybe it was another country like murica who wants to start a war there to stop it like 911

I will never fly with that company. (too soon?)

It's fucked up how this all started cause the previous Ukrainian president didn't sign a damn document regarding Ukraine joining the European Union. What happened today is very disturbing and was completely un-called for. I don't know what was the reason for shooting the plane down but whatever it is, I don't think it's a good one.

• Emerald

I don't see what the motive would be.

False flag attack or youknow mistake and all.

Anyway the Russian seperatisst do own AA to do it so ehyup lets see who did it.

x1LvmjW.jpg

• MVP

The 'what happened' or 'why' questions are all conjecture. There is a multitude of possibilities. Crash/Shot down we will not know until more information comes out. It will how ever definitely increase already hostile relations.

What ever we find out its a tragedy and my thoughts go out to the family and friends of those who were on that flight.

R.I.P.

• Emerald

Strelkov was caught bragging about shooting down a Ukrainian AF AN-26 transport plane in the same time and location that MH17 went missing, when it became clear a civilian airliner went missing he has back tracked and stated they don't have the means to shoot down a plane from that altitude. Which if that is the case the only explanation is the Russian military shot it down..

-snip-

Owning and using are two different things, you don't learn to use pieces of equipment like that in a few weeks unless you had help...

• Sapphire

They do own the AA's

What if there are Russian (ex-)Military joined their forces to guide them with the use of the AA turret.

It was so weird that Putin was defending the seperatisst by saying that they did not own any of those military grade tools.

It is just one big conspiracy, this will sure get a long tail.

Guest Harold

[...]Owning and using are two different things, you don't learn to use pieces of equipment like that in a few weeks unless you had help... [...]

Ukraine has an active conscription military and this military hardware is in service since the 80er. It's entirely possible to have Ukrainians (ex-soldiers, deserted soldiers, reservists) around who can actually use such weapon systems.
  • Emerald

All my thoughts go out to those directly affected by this as well as their families.

• Emerald

[...]Owning and using are two different things, you don't learn to use pieces of equipment like that in a few weeks unless you had help... [...]

Ukraine has an active conscription military and this military hardware is in service since the 80er. It's entirely possible to have Ukrainians (ex-soldiers, deserted soldiers, reservists) around who can actually use such weapon systems.

Possible I guess, we shall have to wait for the official reports to find out what really happened.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/rebeller-ska-ha-skrutit-om-nedskjutet-plan/

Swedish newssite.

Seems like the russian rebels are the suspect.

Igor Strelkov, Officer and boss of Donetsk military - "In the area around Torez so have only just one aircraft of type Antonov An-26 shot down and crashed near the mine. We have warned that they should not fly in our skies and now video confirmation of yet another downed bird. The bird fell outside the populated area, so civilian casualties are not. "

• Diamond

Blame Obama.

On a serious note blame Aliens !

On a very serious note, this is a tragedy and fuck everyone involved be it a Russia or anyone else.

• Sapphire

Blame Obama.

On a very serious note, this is a tragedy and fuck everyone involved be it a Russia or anyone else.

You shouldn't say Fuck Russia if you are going to go live there in Moscow if memory serves me right :P

• Diamond

Blame Obama.

You shouldn't say Fuck Russia if you are going to go live there in Moscow if memory serves me right :P

Meant Russian :(

Guest Alfie

Calm down its just the russian separatists that shot down the wrong aircraft no need to paint the devil on the walls.

You should be a UN peacekeeper.

Calm down its just the russian separatists that shot down the wrong aircraft no need to paint the devil on the walls.

You should be a UN peacekeeper.

I was gonna say the same thing.

What ever happens from the backlash, I'm sure that it isn't going to be pretty... The future holds something fierce..

• Titanium

First Ukraine, next Baltics.These so called separatist should be eliminated fast until they fuck something else up.

• Emerald

Its pretty damn clear that its the Russian Seperatists if the phone recordings are legit. And russia is partly to blame since we all know that Putin is funding them, whether you like it or not.

The truth however will most likely never be found out since the seperatists control the crash site, so i wouldnt be surprised if the black boxes ''dissapear'' before officials can investigate the wreckage.

Edit: Recording with translations: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=40c_1405640286

• MVP

I believe it has been confirmed that the SAM that was used was a 9K37 Buk. An SA-17, some pretty big shit.

Would not surprise me if the Russians or the Separatists did it. I would think the Ukrainian Armed Forces would identify its targets, Russia as-well.

I doubt the Ukrainians have Buks.