Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 19:30

Problems going back from 1.63 to 1.62 after Overpoch

So I went and played on Overpoch after changing back to 1.63, the current version of ArmA 2 OA. And now I want to get back to DayZRP, so I followed the guide provided and used Steam to fix my game back to 1.62 which it seems to have done seeing as 1.62 is listed there next to my ArmA 2 OA in my library. However when I started it up both on the launcher and manually and tried to join a DayZRP server it told me 'Bad server' or 'rejected' I can't label it exactly. So I thought i'd just try and verify the integrity of my game cache, which I did for ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA and ArmA 2 OA Beta, and now when I start it up either manually or on the launcher it tells me 'Bad Serial Number Given in Setup'.

Please help :P

• Sapphire
Use Dayz Commander to revert to beta patch "103718".

From this thread.

• Legend

Then try this one.

Alright, I figured it out. I first reverted to 1.62 in ArmA OA. Then validated game cache from the Beta on Steam. Then I went to DayZ Commander and reverted it to the 103718 in DayZ Commander. I think I just needed to combine the various methods of fixing the game together to find a solution :D

• Legend

Great to see this was solved quickly and easily!

Solution: reverted to 1.62 in ArmA OA. Then validated game cache from the Beta on Steam. Then go to DayZ Commander and reverted it to the 103718 in DayZ Commander.

Marking as solved!

I advise that you make a copy of your entire Arma 2 OA folder whilst it is in the 1.62 patch. This way you can keep one aside as you update the other, thus giving you a 1.63 and 1.62 version, then you can just swap the folder destinations.

Prevents all this hassle :P