Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 12:21

Expanding Chernarus: Miroslavl Region

Hofer

Would you like to see Miroslavl added?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Community Manager

Greetings,

As we in the CLF were discussing how it would be really awesome to travel throughout the whole of Chernarus, not just the South Zagorian region I stumbled upon something interesting on Armaholic.

I present you Miroslavl:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23610

lYihaah.jpg

Fn7Zd3U.jpg

8OFVDB1.jpg

gGGPizY.jpg

Miroslavl is the region right next to Zagoria. During our 2 years here many survivors have travelled around for ages, but we have yet to discover the rest of Chernarus for some reason.

It's a 12,8x12,8 km terrain with forests and big open places. There is one big city (Miroslavl) and about 15 villages + military bases, ruins and other objects. There is infinite terrain in the east, north and west, and sea in the south. In the center of the map there's a river with several bridges.

We have members here who have longed for a new map for ages. We have tried them several times (with no luck), however Miroslavl presents us with a potential we haven't seen on DayZRP earlier. The map is connected to our loved Chernarus, and we can keep our characters, stories and groups without having to explain anything other then if we went there by foot or by a vehicle.

This map could be on a separate server, say S1 (Miroslavl) and S2 (Chernarus). I have not yet bugtested the map or checked if it is even playable, however Tamaster wanted to see if it was playable at all.

What is your thoughts? Is this anything you could see working with DayZRP? Do you want this at least tested and implemented if working as intended?

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mifvU7Xjh8k&feature=youtu.be

My character is from Miroslavl. Gonna check out the map later on. But i told you that this map is existing, yes, i gues sit should be possible. Still, we need to see if it's working. It would maybe be an alternative to the mostly empty S1 Chernarus we have atm.

And it's basicly a region linked to South zagoria, travling would be no problem at all. SOunds good already.

CLF miroslavl expedition this evening? We should get some Screenshots/Videos beside the official ones

• Emerald

miros06.jpg

I think this is the layout of the map from what I can find of it. The look is very interesting to say the least and that I would not mind trying this.

• Sapphire

Ahh! I was talking to my mate the other day about how cool it would be to be able to do this :o

So much yes! Would be especially awesome if, when you reached the edge of the map then it would automatically switch you to the Miroslavl server or give you an option to switch and it would place you on the same place of the map as where you would come out?

Not sure if its possible but would be very veryx10 cool if possible <3

• Community Manager

Ahh! I was talking to my mate the other day about how cool it would be to be able to do this :o

So much yes! Would be especially awesome if, when you reached the edge of the map then it would automatically switch you to the Miroslavl server or give you an option to switch and it would place you on the same place of the map as where you would come out?

I think that this is hard to achieve, but if one of the devs could possibly confirm if it is a possibility it would be AWESOME!

• Community Manager

Compared to Cheranus how big is the map?

I would like to see this go through actually, seems pretty cool :D

The map is roughly 160ish km2, while Chernarus is 250. It is a bit smaller, but it's still a decent sized map to have alongside Chernarus.

EDIT: Added poll.

It's mostly the Area around the City since Miroslavl it/was a big and lively harbour.

So it's not as big as Chernarus but also haves less big woods and fields.

Also, a map with a river... should be interesting i believe

Would also offer more RP options for the groups. In these times, people wouldn't only stay at SOuth Zagoria, there are other regions as well. MAybe some people will decide only to play there, so there are different factions at different places.

Also, groups could f.e. retreat to Miroslavl if they're loosing a war in Chernarus

but there's still a lot of work to do

Guest MARTiN

Compared to Cheranus how big is the map?

I would like to see this go through actually, seems pretty cool :D

The map is roughly 160ish km2, while Chernarus is 250. It is a bit smaller, but it's still a decent sized map to have alongside Chernarus.

EDIT: Added poll.

That is true, then you have to think aswell, how much of that 250km of Chernarus is being used?

• Sapphire

I think that this is hard to achieve, but if one of the devs could possibly confirm if it is a possibility it would be AWESOME!

Kidnap Tamaster and put him to work 24/7?

• Titanium

I want.

• Emerald

[video=youtube]

A birds eye view of the map

• Diamond

I'm saying yes but only if it doesn't make the servers loose to many players on one server and have the majority of the players on this map. Sort of like how it is now with the differences between s2 and s1. Also, if we have the hardcore server (s3) on chernarus and the Miroslalv map on s1 we have a problem. s2 will have all of the pcbs and settlements. This will lead to major desync and instability. You can argue that Miroslalv will also have pcbs and settlements so it levels out the players but thats just going to make it worse. More pcbs+more settlements+more instability between players=more desync, or so i've been told.

• Community Manager

-snip-

A birds eye view of the map

That is a earlier and more unfinished version of the map compared to the one linked in the OP, however it gives a nice overview.

• Sapphire

Yes, please.

It would be very interesting to see the groups that would exist there. If it is possible that gear transfers so you literally travel there it would open so many possibilitys.

For example you could make it so that high western weaponry would spawn there more often than in south zegoria.

9001/10.

Tamaster plz!

• Server Manager

It's a nice idea, but not feasible at the moment with current server population. We all know what happened to other servers with custom maps, even when they got strong backing when announced. Additionally, the map must be fixed for DayZ which is a lot of work.

Mehno for me.

• Emerald

It's a nice idea, but not feasible at the moment with current server population.

Well, with the desync atm, that shouldn't be an argument. With the new patch, perhaps we will be sitting at full servers again and it could be feasible.

Guest johnygt7

If they could somehow connect the two maps on one server and access through a "loading screen".Well, that would be awesome.If it's on a seperate server nah, not hyped.

• MVP

I adore the idea of a new map, and I mean NEW, one never used for dayz before that would be unique and present something our own.

Rolle is right here though;

Additionally, the map must be fixed for DayZ which is a lot of work.

That is a fuckton of work and to be honest not something I'm sure we are ready for or need yet.