Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 13:22

Server Rules As An Image?

SatansNightOut

• MVP

Whenever I come across reports of "trolling", it seems pretty obvious that a lot of the time the "troll" is someone who barely skimmed through the rules just to find the pass-phrase.

Someone told me that you can use things such as "spellcheck" to find the pass-phrase, so I was thinking... what if the rules were just image files? That way, no one could just use a spellcheck or similar means to find this passphrase?

I mean, there are still going to be people that skim through the rules to find the passphrase without really reading them, but perhaps this could help JUST A BIT by cutting off that particular "cheat".. ?

Just a thought. :)

Could be, but I'm not sure if it is that much of a problem since they still have to explain both NLR and KoS rules thoroughly and give examples. Plus it is much easier to copy paste a rule for reports or someone asking about it.

converting an image to text only takes seconds with the right program and i belive it woudn't be worth the time making the Img.

Else i think ppl should be grown up enoutgh to stick to the rules they agreed by signing up or just get banned

• Sapphire

In my opinion, the passphrase isn't that important when you consider that applicants have to explain the most important rules and write a decent backstory. But hey, might as well do it if it's so easy.

• MVP

Valid points, the three of you. Oh, well. Like I said, just a thought. ;)

Could be, but I'm not sure if it is that much of a problem since they still have to explain both NLR and KoS rules thoroughly and give examples. Plus it is much easier to copy paste a rule for reports or someone asking about it.

pretty much this. they still have to explain the rules yet and I doubt many applicants are saying "so how am I going to cheat this system?"

• Emerald

I brought this up a week ago actually, we discussed it and it wouldn't really do anything. In the long run, it would just be more pain to people that deal with reports and peoples queries. If it's a picture, they cant copy paste a specific part of the rules in order to show someone.

• MVP

I brought this up a week ago actually, we discussed it and it wouldn't really do anything. In the long run, it would just be more pain to people that deal with reports and peoples queries. If it's a picture, they cant copy paste a specific part of the rules in order to show someone.

Well, at least I don't feel so dorky bringing up the idea, then. ;)

But yes, makes sense. Oh, well!

-snip

Download a program called ShareX, you can select what part of the screen you want to take a picture of.

For example:

UL3ln8K.png

PkStIiS.png

Or you could use Snipping Tool that comes with every Windows PC and operating system. It does the same thing, but you don't need to download anything as it is a stock piece of software that comes with Windows.

However, the ShareX has got more features.

As requested: DayZRP server rules as an image.

408016_274813579240449_275952378_n.jpg

• Sapphire

408016_274813579240449_275952378_n.jpg

matt-smith-doctor-who.gif

• MVP

comment_3lTFxAjEH1EA7LDtA0VFULYDBpXy8Y8w.gif