Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:50

Guess I won't be joining after all.

Whitelist application was rejected for KoS, NLR "other details" missing. I have read the rules quite thoroughly and quite honestly aside from some minors details they are very much the same as other RP servers. I'm not going to paraphrase every detail of a written document because that's frankly silly and in college reports would not be satisfactory. I believe that what I submitted showed the general outline for the rules without going into extreme detail. Funny since after I wrote the the explanation of the rules and story of my character it ended up being over 1300/1100/11000 characters and I said, "Man, I need to cut this." Which made my story part probably look a bit overly condensed but maaaaan I literally wrote out a month prior to story for my character before the outbreak.

Shame I spent a few hours last night compressing a .rar to donate to the very kind team here. It consisted of mods I had made for DayZ including weapons, "skins", and mocap animations. I say donate because I was hired by two very popular mod creators/server owners to make them.

I had heard a lot of good things from this particular RP community and was very excited to join. However I became more weary as the whitelisting process is very, for a lack of a better word, tedious? I do understand that you want to try and root out some, but this also deters a lot of people from trying at all. I mean if you have active admins you can easily kick/ban people or mentor them a bit if they do something wrong.

I know I can't completely judge your community on a bunch of videos. However after watching quite a few (Hours worth) videos of DayZRP I found A LOT and more than I could believe breaking the rules! Lots of KoS! I was like wuuuut? :| Then some of the Roleplay (Over Mic) Was like," Hey man I'm low on blood can you bloodbag me? What?! That's not even attempting to roleplay! I would be on that mic after my character was shot screaming bloody murder and begging for help! (I reallllly get into roleplaying) Now I did find some GREAT roleplay in the interrogation files. Whoever you are, I tip my hat to the.

I digress. I thank everyone for the warm welcome and wish them well. I would try and stick around but I find the whitelist application a tad silly especially on a moderated serverand one with very basic rules for a roleplay server. Also the vast amounts a videos I watched with KoS and meta have waivered my feelings towards playing on your server.

If you haven't used up your 3 strikes try again! Everyone here worked very hard on their application to be in this community and by the sounds you could be a great addition! Don't give up man, ask any veteran community member or staff for help on your whitelist I'm sure nobody will mind giving a few pointers

• Emerald

I understand that getting rejected from the whitelist is a tad depressing, but it's not a reason to just quit outright. Plenty of people get rejected their first time, usually for the exact reasons you did. Just go bad and add more details and such, it's worth it in the long run.

• Emerald

I am sorry that you feel the way you do, but the whitelist process is fine the way it is, it help weed out most of the trolls, fanboys and immature people, thus making it easirer for the admins. I suggest that if you retry the whitelist, try giving examples on how the kos rule works instead of trying to paraphrase the rule itself. Also would really like to see these videos you speak of because all the ones I have seen on Youtube have been great...here let me give you an example:

• Legend

Well, you can try it 3 times.

I did read your application right now and I would have rejected you aswell. However, instead of "blame" others, you could ask for help to find out what we look for in the whitelist application.

This community is very helpfull.

If you decide to give it a second try, then maybe join Ts, get to know some people, join Staff Helpdesk, ask questions about the rules, ....so many things YOU can do.

If you decide to leave then I wish you all the best. If you decide to give it another GO --> Good luck!

Sincerly,

Terra

I have no doubt everyone worked hard on their applications! After being rejected for not adding a few extra details to some very general rules I can see why. Also that's very kind of you to say ZoCr I would like to to be an addition to the community, but as I have said I find it rather head-scratching to be rejected for such a reason. IF, I were to redo my application I would simply copy-paste what I have already typed (Which I have saved) and add maybe two or three sentences. I also read that the site will be changed up a bit and the whitelist process may become automated of a sort which may be a very good thing and in my opinion would bring many more roleplayers to the community. Again, I understand the roleplay/story part of the application and maybe a general rule or two. However it contradicts itself. First off I would NEVER roleplay over text, I would only use it for OOC. So in theory your only testing ones ability to write, not to roleplay. You cannot achieve an understanding of ones roleplay skill by reading a paragraph of a story. Roleplay, in general, must consist of interaction. One may argue, " Well what about RPGs you roleplay in them alone." This is true, but you are interacting still with the game. With that said you can't determines ones honesty or stewardship to rules unless you apply them in the field. In my frank opinion as a owner of two companies, a former server owner and a leader in extracurricular activities I'd rather SEE it, then READ it. Again simply my opinion and in no way am I trying to down the reviewers abilities of my application, he/she was just doing their job. I only make this point in possibly helping the community in the future.

Update: @Terra, I apologize if I have seem to have "blamed" anyone for that wasn't my intention nor have I found it my post where I actually "blamed" anyone. Again though I apologize.

i think the backstory bit exists just to test your perception of RP, prove you got the basics and the skill to create a story/RP, something better than "zombie came, i took sniper, quickscoped them, wife deaded, i find cure, save her and get best sniper medal"

I'm not admin tho, so I dont know how they actually use it, but considering that you can change your character/story whenever, I think it doesnt matter a lot, just put some effort into it, and save it for the next try!

Re-read the rules, and give the app another try, dont give up so easily, it's worth it!

• Legend

No need to apologise. I just think you can´t really judge the Server and the community, nor the rules if you "give up" by one try.

just my 2 cents

Like everyone else said, you really should try again. It seems like you know your way around in an RP situation. The problem with what you said about accepting people based on their Rp skills is that would be such an long and tedious thing for the admins. They would have to sit down and spend a good 30 minutes for each applicant in-game to see if they are worthy of being accepted. The writing lets the admins see how dedicated you are, what you can do ingame, and if you are really mature enough to join. I understand the application process may seem pointless but trust me, it is beyond worth it to be a part of this community.

• Emerald

Try again!!

You can do it!

We are all human and learn from our experiences/mistakes

You actually seem to have a very good head on your shoulders. You would be surprised to know how many people would have approached this in an immature manner. I suggest you simply give it another shot. I wish you the best of luck!!

• Titanium

Give examples on your KoS and NLR examples. Admins love when you use examples.

It took me until my third go to get white listed as I did rush my first two applications when I look back on them. Redo your application and try your hardest on the rule explanations, put most of your effort into the rules and if you get accepted your roleplaying and story telling skills will improve so you can always go back to improve your backstory.

Alright alright, I'll give it another go! I will admit I have had a rather bad day, and I shouldn't have allowed such a petty thing get to me. I still thing the entire process could be stream lined a bit better but I will oblige to the path everyone has walked. I warn ya though, I'm going to have fun with this application!

Thanks Everyone.

• Legend

If you have questions about what we look for in an Whitelist application, you can ask in Ts or you can also Pm me.

Good luck!

• Diamond

Well to be of help this link helped me out.....

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-general-tips-to-make-a-better-whitelist-application

• Emerald

Just try to answer each question as simply as possible; if you can't answer it simply then you don't understand it well enough. If you have any questions, as others have stated, simply hop into the TeamSpeak help desk and talk to a staff member about a rule or whatever else you may need clarification on.

Trust me, the only reason the whitelisting is strict is to keep the level of quality for the community set higher, you will appreciate this when / If you're accepted.

Yes staff could just accept everyone and then weed through them, but this is a much more efficient system which prevents a lot of people from ruining others IG experience prior to them been reprimanded.

Again if you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM any staff or talk to them in Team Speak.

Good luck on your next attempt, I'm sure you'll do fine this time :)

• Emerald

If you try, And get rejected the first time like a good amount of players, Than just go back and get revenge, By typing the longest god damn description you can so they have to sit there for like an hour, Thats what I did, I hit 4k characters on my KoS description, c:

• Legend

Former Admin here. Those two or three sentences you spoke of might just be all it takes. I've seen people absolutely nail rule explanations in 3-4 lines of text. That said, you've got to hit all the right notes. There's certain aspects of the rules that are considered critical, but don't get hung up on explaining special circumstances and edge cases.

The background story thing is nice, but no one is held to playing the character they describe once they're whitelisted, so the importance of the back story is not as great as most people seem to think; it's basically your opportunity to show that you can write and communicate ideas clearly. I've seen people rejected outright for their back story, if they're planning on playing a psychopath or otherwise absurd character, but it's quite rare.

Guest Phalix

I failed twice and got accepted on the third time.

I wrote a LOT, every little detail as you can.

Nearly thought I was going to get blacklisted, but after third attempt, walla, got in.

Spent hours reading and writing, hours of help from people on TS.

Honestly mate if you absolutely need help, ask anyone on TS.

• Titanium

I remember when you didnt had to explain the rules :D.But good luck.