Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 12:51

Territory fights or "gangs of Chernarus"

Medvedev

• Sapphire

Recently I noticed that more and more clans/groups started to "claim" territory for their own. For example you take a look at the ongoing discussion between B-17, FM and a few other groups. You quickly see that this is a fight or struggle about territory and resources. Or in terms of DayZ: loot spawns.

And I think: this. is. awesome.

I mean this basically changes the "old" system. We don't need settlements.

I know this promotes PvP. But when you think about it: it is realistic PvP. It is not a firefight caused by a robbery which escalated. It is caused by the dire need of supplies. Clans that have control of, let's say hospital district like Chernogorsk, they may grant access to civilians but not to clans. These clans would either need to trade with civilians, come to an agreement with the other clan or go and fight for this territory. And the best thing is: this all promotes roleplay, realistic roleplay.

I just want to hear others opinions on this. Do you think this is great? Do you think this might replace settlements and only PCBs are needed anymore? How could this be improved? Will your clan do this?

Tell me what y'all think.

~Fox out.

• Emerald

The the plan for NorseFire and Aegis is to claim the land surrounding Novy Lug after the 1.4.0. patch. You know with Compound 5 hopefully being added. It will be interesting as I can see us having a problem with SVR and CLF in the future.

• Sapphire

Well, it shouldn't be over "Loot Spawns", but the concept of controlling timber, water, and building resources does intrigue me immensely.

I know, but DayZ's form of resource is gear/loot and soon fuel. And in Vanilla DayZ it basically is about loot. We of DayZRP have the addition and focus of interaction and roleplay. And an apocalypse in a modern world would be all about supplies.

I mentioned loot spawns to simplify it and to make it easier to understand. I personally prefer roleplay over gear anyways.

• Emerald

Reminds me of this

a5ZnHBZ.jpg

I made a little map in paint :P

ZNCKB4P.jpg

• Sapphire

Reminds me of this

This must've been from the age of the first year! What a precious treasury.

Thank you for that picture. I never knew that such a map even existed. So the idea has been suggested/used once before? Would love to hear what stopped this on the past.

I made a little map in paint :P

Great! So this is actually "in-game" already. Love it.

Guest Grumby

This was part of the thought process behind the Elektrozavodsk Reapers. I'm hoping, if we get members and hopefully accepted, that we could start some turf wars with other groups that threatened our presence in the town. Could be very fun.

• Sapphire

There has been really nice territory wars in Chernogorsk recently. Fallen have spread their influence across the coast and into the industrial area, whilst FM have the Church and dock there. B-17 (IMO) literally have that street, we've not seen them recently.

I love clan wars, RP-based ones, for something. They're great! :D

There has been really nice territory wars in Chernogorsk recently. Fallen have spread their influence across the coast and into the industrial area, whilst FM have the Church and dock there. B-17 (IMO) literally have that street, we've not seen them recently.

I love clan wars, RP-based ones, for something. They're great! :D

Well we've had Cherno a pretty long time but since almost no one goes there we were forced to move around the map, but now that Fallen has made their presence known we are getting back to our crib...

I think it's time for a big war, as long as people can distinguish it being IG and no OOC hate shit, which we've already experienced.

#FucherFM2014

• Titanium

MrZJUTY.jpg

End of discussion.Next please.

But on serious note.Sounds like awesome idea.

• MVP

I love the idea of clan wars and territory battling, but...

I haven't played for the past week because I'm tired of getting into firefights on a daily basis, often more than once a day. It's fine and dandy to get some PVP in sometimes, but after the fifth time of good, intense storyline-related RP getting interrupted I decided it's not as fun anymore.

If I wanted constant PvP I'd go to a regular DayZ server. -_-

And before anyone says, "Oh, you're just mad cuz bad" or something, we've won most of those firefights so it ain't butthurt you're hearing. :)

• Sapphire

I love the idea of clan wars and territory battling, but...

I haven't played for the past week because I'm tired of getting into firefights on a daily basis, often more than once a day. It's fine and dandy to get some PVP in sometimes, but after the fifth time of good, intense storyline-related RP getting interrupted I decided it's not as fun anymore.

If I wanted constant PvP I'd go to a regular DayZ server. -_-

And before anyone says, "Oh, you're just mad cuz bad" or something, we've won most of those firefights so it ain't butthurt you're hearing. :)

Yeah, I understand your problem. However when clans organise these firefights properly, basically turning the fights into small events, this problem should not happen. Afterall this is a roleplaying server. The idea of territory fights is basically the roleplay explanation of pvp.

Good opinions here! Keep them coming!

These "territory battles" has been on dayzrp since I joined. If you leave tp you will notice that certain clans hang out at certain places and often clams them as well, from populair roadblock spots to towns, pcb's and airfields.

• Sapphire

fwqIkIZ.jpg

End of discussion.

Jokes aside, I would love this to become really evident, I can see this becoming rather 'big' when the patch is released and the big clans come back in force. :)

• MVP

We could all work on a joint map. Clan leaders could submit info.

• Sapphire

fipMGgD.png

Click it

:bomb:

• Emerald

We could all work on a joint map. Clan leaders could submit info.

That would be fun, I'd be up for it.

• Sapphire

Stuff

Hype?

Soon

giphy.gif

:troll:

Guest Grumby

Maybe edit this thread where clan leaders can submit areas they want to claim control over. I can work on a map from the information gathered.

Guest Ketamine

Maybe edit this thread where clan leaders can submit areas they want to claim control over. I can work on a map from the information gathered.

+1